Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 06:27 PM

21 posts, read 23,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I wish you the best of luck on your journey in Houston. Once you are more stable financially I can tell you that Houston is a great city to make it in. You have many career options and colleges to choose from that offer all types of great career degrees. If you have drive and motivation Houston is the city that you can create a life of success in. I am living proof of this

University of Houston has a College of Architecture. I know nothing about their programs but I don't think it would be a waste of your time to look into it.

University of Houston - College of Architecture

There are plenty of good ole mom and pop restaurants all over that city as well. I had a friend that worked at the Goode Co Seafood on Kirby and would make at times 300$ on a good shift.
I have already looked into the program. It's not bad; certainly not the best but I've found that schooling is what you make of it. If you don't care about your education then you're going to get a crappy one. But if you make goals directing where you want it to go, there's a huge difference.

I drove by a building titled Goode Co Seafood place this afternoon... it looked closed down. Are they only open in the evenings?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:40 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,452,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsiChik View Post
I have already looked into the program. It's not bad; certainly not the best but I've found that schooling is what you make of it. If you don't care about your education then you're going to get a crappy one. But if you make goals directing where you want it to go, there's a huge difference.

I drove by a building titled Goode Co Seafood place this afternoon... it looked closed down. Are they only open in the evenings?
Yes it is still open. Goode Company Seafood - 2621 Westpark Drive - The Original Seafood Location

You can't see it from Kirby but from Westpark. One of the dining areas is a modified train. It is a long time local area favorite.

And yes I agree with your statement about how worthy your education can turn out by how you direct what you do with it.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:03 PM

418 posts, read 742,606 times
How does one get in your situation? I just don't understand it. How could you just pick up and move from place to place with no stability? Why do you even own pets? You made the decisions to get you where you are. Your poor pets didn't have a choice and now they're sleeping in a parking lot. What a life you're giving them. I hope you have enough money to at least feed them and yourself.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:34 PM

116 posts, read 196,401 times
Quote:

UH School of Architecture may be "certainly not the best", but I bet Rice University School of Architecture would meet your high standards........if you could get in......or afford it......

Old 02-22-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
How does one get in your situation? I just don't understand it. How could you just pick up and move from place to place with no stability? Why do you even own pets? You made the decisions to get you where you are. Your poor pets didn't have a choice and now they're sleeping in a parking lot. What a life you're giving them. I hope you have enough money to at least feed them and yourself.
What exactly makes you assume that I go from "place to place" without any stability?

Old 02-22-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Yes it is still open. Goode Company Seafood - 2621 Westpark Drive - The Original Seafood Location

You can't see it from Kirby but from Westpark. One of the dining areas is a modified train. It is a long time local area favorite.

And yes I agree with your statement about how worthy your education can turn out by how you direct what you do with it.
I love "railcar" restaurants (or at least the unique ambiance of them... always fun). I also like double decker buses turned restaurant too. There's one in the town I grew up in. Anything "outside of the box" is a favorite.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:09 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,452,629 times
Quote:
I love "railcar" restaurants (or at least the unique ambiance of them... always fun). I also like double decker buses turned restaurant too. There's one in the town I grew up in. Anything "outside of the box" is a favorite.
It is one of my long time favorite places to eat. They also have a location at Gessner and I-10 but it is more upscale.

The food at both locations is very good. I would certainly check it out to see if they need help. If not there are many other mom and pop places. Keep trying and never give up. Give your critters much love as I know they are your dear friends.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketteroo View Post
UH School of Architecture may be "certainly not the best", but I bet Rice University School of Architecture would meet your high standards........if you could get in......or afford it......
If I wanted the best I'd attend the University of Cincinatti's architecture program.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:16 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,274,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
I wondered the same thing. How does someone float around aimlessly and yet be so picky on living arrangements, job responsibilities, with an extremely limited budget and with no plan. Of course UH is not the best, but I am betting the admissions are going to be tougher than you think. And where do the pets stay when you need to leave the vehicle for food or filling applications? You won't be able to do that in the summer.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
It is one of my long time favorite places to eat. They also have a location at Gessner and I-10 but it is more upscale.

The food at both locations is very good. I would certainly check it out to see if they need help. If not there are many other mom and pop places. Keep trying and never give up. Give your critters much love as I know they are your dear friends.
So I'm assumming Goode's is not corporate owned?

My dog Lucy, has been with me for 5.5 years and she is the best. My cat was a feral kitten I took in over 2 years ago (her official name is Gata Con La Raya but I just call her Cat). She is by far, the most playful cat I've ever had, they make me smile and laugh every day. Good for the soul!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston