Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 06:51 AM

234 posts, read 425,646 times

Advertisements

I've been reading a lot about Elyson over the internet but nothing has been announced in terms of builders. I just here they will be the same builders as Cinco Ranch. Ive read the price range will be from 250K - over 1M dollars.

If you had to compare Elyson to other MPC communities, other than Cinco Ranch, and being that this is in the Northwest Katy Area zoned to Katy ISD and Cyfair ISD what neighborhoods would you all compare this to in terms of pricing? Bridgeland? Firethorne? Cross Creek? Summerwood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 08:16 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,021,921 times
There's not much to compare it to as everything right now is proposed and not set in stone, though the developer has a great record of building successful MPCs. But yes, I'd imagine that it would be in the area of what Bridgeland and Towne Lake are priced at in Cypress.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:03 AM

5,615 posts, read 4,947,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haudi View Post
There's not much to compare it to as everything right now is proposed and not set in stone, though the developer has a great record of building successful MPCs. But yes, I'd imagine that it would be in the area of what Bridgeland and Towne Lake are priced at in Cypress.
I actually think they'll come in a bit less expensive than those developments, because at least at first they won't be zoned to confirmed high-desirability schools. Once that's established, then prices can go up.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:26 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,220,586 times
they'll get the brand new school in Katy..right?

Old 02-08-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
they'll get the brand new school in Katy..right?
Eventually. Obviously, the new elementary will come first. But it will probably be awhile before a new high school exclusive to Elyson and "nicer" new residential shows up. Until, it's Katy High and / or Morton Ranch for them.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:50 PM

Yes, the new high school, junior high and elementary school is near ventenna lakes. It opens in 2017. The new elementary school, proposed name "Bethke" opens 2016. The boundaries are drawn out for the elementary school already. I believe this elementary school 39, Bethke, will temporarily include students from Elyson. The plats for Elyson show 3 future elementary schools within Elyson.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tahoe View Post
Yes, the new high school, junior high and elementary school is near ventenna lakes. It opens in 2017. The new elementary school, proposed name "Bethke" opens 2016. The boundaries are drawn out for the elementary school already. I believe this elementary school 39, Bethke, will temporarily include students from Elyson. The plats for Elyson show 3 future elementary schools within Elyson.
The zoning boundaries for the new high school will be critical for establishing higher value in Elyson. While it's ridiculous to have to say this, affluent homebuyers don't want to have their kids go to school with the "wrong" North Katy kids.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:05 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,822,922 times
The whole "North and South" Katy issue will be a thing of the past in the near future. With South Katy already developed, that leaves a wealth of land on the north side to go. Cane Island will have 2100 Homes, Elyson will be another large one (Newland did Cinco Ranch, and Telfair.) Add that to the opening of the new Grand Parkway Segment, and it is pretty clear where the growth is going to be. Basically, if you want a new home, want to be in Katy ISD, then you will be going north of I-10.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:44 PM

I agree with Houston321. Katy isd has done the demographic studies and along with Elyson, Cane Island...you have bridgeland building in the katy isd zone in 2025, marcello, and 7000 + homes in 2025 in the Northwest corridor. See katy isd website...interesting stuff about population growth.

For now, south katy is still popular as it will be a while before the north developes. If u want to live west fulshear and Lamar isd is growing too. I picture my I10 to downtown commute to be a nightmare by 2020.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:19 AM

116 posts, read 170,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Eventually. Obviously, the new elementary will come first. But it will probably be awhile before a new high school exclusive to Elyson and "nicer" new residential shows up. Until, it's Katy High and / or Morton Ranch for them.
The CFISD section will probably be zoned to the new HS CY Spring
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston