Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 09:14 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,725,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What's funny is that in a thread where we're talking about being fair, unbiased and accepting of certain groups of people it's quickly turned into a conversation about how to eliminate or replace as many white conservatives as possible in order to reach a political goal.
The issue with white conservatives is that they sometimes espouse views and enact policies that are not fair and favor their own biases. We have been this way as a country and here in Houston as a city for hundreds of years. It's not a coincidence that white conservatives want to keep things for themselves, but when they do so unfairlythen it's when you have to think about how to change the system. A more mixed demographics where the majority is not the historically powerful is usually a better way to fairness for everyone. The system was invented by white conservatives to serve their needs and interests, to the exclusion of everyone else, even poorer whites. As that changes, we're going to see more fairness, not less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 12:56 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
The issue with white conservatives is
Just stop, there is no all encompassing "issue with white conservatives" so anything that follows is just your own bigoted opinion. I'm a white conservative who lives in the greater Houston area. I support the LGBT community, I've always supported gay marriage and gay adoption. I don't discriminate against anyone based on their sexual orientation or their choice of spouse. I don't want to keep anything for myself, I'm not even sure WTF that statement means.

Quote:
that they sometimes espouse views and enact policies that are not fair and favor their own biases. We have been this way as a country and here in Houston as a city for hundreds of years. It's not a coincidence that white conservatives want to keep things for themselves, but when they do so unfairlythen it's when you have to think about how to change the system. A more mixed demographics where the majority is not the historically powerful is usually a better way to fairness for everyone. The system was invented by white conservatives to serve their needs and interests, to the exclusion of everyone else, even poorer whites. As that changes, we're going to see more fairness, not less.
If you took the time to look past your own ignorant prejudices you'd see that the overwhelming majority of people in Houston or America for that matter are compassionate, accepting and tolerant. They may have different personal feelings or views about how they want to live their own life but most people rightfully just want to be left alone.

If me being a white conservative guy automatically makes you think that I'm in any way less tolerant, less compassionate or less accepting of any other group of people it's you that needs help, not me.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:26 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,949 times
Quote:
Just stop, there is no all encompassing "issue with white conservatives" so anything that follows is just your own bigoted opinion. I'm a white conservative who lives in the greater Houston area. I support the LGBT community, I've always supported gay marriage and gay adoption. I don't discriminate against anyone based on their sexual orientation or their choice of spouse. I don't want to keep anything for myself, I'm not even sure WTF that statement means.

If you took the time to look past your own ignorant prejudices you'd see that the overwhelming majority of people in Houston or America for that matter are compassionate, accepting and tolerant. They may have different personal feelings or views about how they want to live their own life but most people rightfully just want to be left alone.

If me being a white conservative guy automatically makes you think that I'm in any way less tolerant, less compassionate or less accepting of any other group of people it's you that needs help, not me.
He did say “sometimes”- you seem to be oversensitive about it.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
He did say “sometimes”- you seem to be oversensitive about it.
Right, well in that case the issue with homosexuals is that they sometimes espouse views and demand policies that favor their own biases. We've seen this happen in our country and here in Houston as a city for a few decades now. It's not a coincidence that they're always crying about fairness and equality but they have no problem whatsoever attacking large groups like white conservatives. A less bigoted homosexual demographic would be a much better way to achieve fairness for everyone. The system was invented by humans to serve their needs and interests to the exclusion of everything else, even poor farm animals. As that continues we're going to see more premium cuts of steak, not less.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:29 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,949 times
Quote:
Right, well in that case the issue with homosexuals is that they sometimes espouse views and demand policies that favor their own biases. We've seen this happen in our country and here in Houston as a city for a few decades now. It's not a coincidence that they're always crying about fairness and equality but they have no problem whatsoever attacking large groups like white conservatives. A less bigoted homosexual demographic would be a much better way to achieve fairness for everyone. The system was invented by humans to serve their needs and interests to the exclusion of everything else, even poor farm animals. As that continues we're going to see more premium cuts of steak, not less.
Is it “Crying” when a gay worker expects to receive equal benefits as his/her heterosexual coworker? You seem like you’re one of the “some” white conservatives.

Last edited by Hopeful for Life; 02-14-2019 at 09:37 PM..

Old 02-14-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Once you say that homosexuals demand policies that favor their own biases, you've revealed yours instead. You support gays, but then in the next post go on to say, "they are always crying" and that they are bigoted. I don't know what to say to that--it's clear that you have your own prejudices. A world where white conservatives are the mild, compassionate ones and the homosexuals (who you love, by the way) are just too darned mean? Please.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Is it “Crying” when a gay worker expects to receive equal benefits as his/her heterosexual coworker?
Did they earn the benefits?

Old 02-15-2019, 07:18 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,252,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
Once you say that homosexuals demand policies that favor their own biases, you've revealed yours instead. You support gays, but then in the next post go on to say, "they are always crying" and that they are bigoted. I don't know what to say to that--it's clear that you have your own prejudices. A world where white conservatives are the mild, compassionate ones and the homosexuals (who you love, by the way) are just too darned mean? Please.
Sometimes the more you know, the less you understand.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
You seem like you’re one of the “some” white conservatives.
And the resident CD Houston subforum homosexuals seem like they're the type that like to cry all the time about petty crap, what's your point? I'm sure most of the gay members who frequent this forum aren't always looking for a way to be the victim of imaginary wrongs... the rest seem to be the loudest in here though. It makes it a lot more difficult to get average conservatives like myself to support your causes when you never pass up a chance to attack us for no reason.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
And the resident CD Houston subforum homosexuals seem like they're the type that like to cry all the time about petty crap, what's your point? I'm sure most of the gay members who frequent this forum aren't always looking for a way to be the victim of imaginary wrongs... the rest seem to be the loudest in here though. It makes it a lot more difficult to get average conservatives like myself to support your causes when you never pass up a chance to attack us for no reason.
What's funny is that the OP is clearly very careful to point out that they don't want to live in some perfect liberal utopia, only that they be regarded as unremarkable. That may seem like whining to you, but it seems fair to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston