Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 04:44 PM

15,645 posts, read 7,679,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Right, well in that case the issue with homosexuals is that they sometimes espouse views and demand policies that favor their own biases. We've seen this happen in our country and here in Houston as a city for a few decades now. It's not a coincidence that they're always crying about fairness and equality but they have no problem whatsoever attacking large groups like white conservatives. A less bigoted homosexual demographic would be a much better way to achieve fairness for everyone. The system was invented by humans to serve their needs and interests to the exclusion of everything else, even poor farm animals. As that continues we're going to see more premium cuts of steak, not less.
White conservatives get "attacked" by gays because those alleged conservatives are jerks that think allowing same sex couples to get married is a sin, that giving benefits to married same sex couples is a sin, and that anything that isn't in their Bible is awful and not to be allowed. Of course, those hypocrites violate all sorts of biblical prohibitions, but that's apparently different somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 08:00 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,073,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
White conservatives get "attacked" by gays because those alleged conservatives are jerks that think allowing same sex couples to get married is a sin, that giving benefits to married same sex couples is a sin, and that anything that isn't in their Bible is awful and not to be allowed. Of course, those hypocrites violate all sorts of biblical prohibitions, but that's apparently different somehow.
I don’t think any of those things and I’m a white Conservative, yet I’ve still been attacked in here.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:29 PM

5,863 posts, read 3,270,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I don’t think any of those things and I’m a white Conservative, yet I’ve still been attacked in here.

That's because you haven't been around the block yet.

The poor have medicaid.
The rich have their millions.
The middle class have their savings and their houses in the event of catastrophe.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:15 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,073,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post

The poor have medicaid.
The rich have their millions.
The middle class have their savings and their houses in the event of catastrophe.
This is the Houston forum, take your stupidity and trolling back to the NY forum. 😁

Old 02-19-2019, 06:14 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,101,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post

The poor have medicaid.
And con artists have been willing to scam medicaid to hurt the poor. Unethical Small Smiles managers had dentists overschedule (to make more money), diagnose fake cavities (to make more money), and to avoid painkillers / anxiety management and just straightjacket (papoose board) kids so they can schedule more visits.

There's a reason Small Smiles lost Medicaid eligibility. The poor aren't the enemy here. The scammers and grifters are.

If Harris Health (Harris County Hospital District) took primary responsibility for healthcare for the poor (as in the poor regularly go to THEM instead of scammy private clinics owned by hedge funds that want money) and the clinics paid salaries that did not rely on commissions, the poor wouldn't be scammed and healthcare costs would go down.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:06 AM

45 posts, read 31,963 times
Why do y all fall for these fake posts? Another lgbt post? REALLY? Lol. Be better.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:17 AM

9 posts, read 15,800 times
check us out in the up and coming northline area- our civic group president is very active in the LGBQT caucus and loves living here in our diverse, eclectic neighborhood. there's never much for sale around here as it's an older area (i'm here 50+yrs) but there are several new developments in and around the northside area metro rail stations i hear are nicely upgraded. the zip codes are 77022-77093-77076 which is ours. we're under a new harvey recovery/revitalization plan that our community was invited to collaborate on and since we're not historically known like acres home or independence heights we chose to be the neighborhood known for artists, artisans and crafters. good luck!

Old 07-11-2019, 04:05 PM

30 posts, read 27,475 times
Wow I’ve checked out a couple LGBT relocation posts today and I’m honestly surprised at how many people can’t just be civil. People end up arguing about politics when really we should be helping people with what areas they can narrow their searches. I lived in Houston 2 years and I never experienced any kind of prejudice. The Houston I know is diverse and kinda just lets everyone do their thing. I would think any suburb except the rural ones would be welcoming. I worked in Cypress and was in the burbs a lot and never had an issue.

I hear that NW Houston(Champions Forest, Klein, Spring) have a relatively good sized gay population but those are far out. If you want to stay close to the city, I would suggest Meyerland, Westbury, or Briar Forest. I think you’ll love Houston and fit in just fine.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:37 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,449,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex90 View Post
Wow I’ve checked out a couple LGBT relocation posts today and I’m honestly surprised at how many people can’t just be civil. People end up arguing about politics when really we should be helping people with what areas they can narrow their searches. I lived in Houston 2 years and I never experienced any kind of prejudice. The Houston I know is diverse and kinda just lets everyone do their thing. I would think any suburb except the rural ones would be welcoming. I worked in Cypress and was in the burbs a lot and never had an issue.

I hear that NW Houston(Champions Forest, Klein, Spring) have a relatively good sized gay population but those are far out. If you want to stay close to the city, I would suggest Meyerland, Westbury, or Briar Forest. I think you’ll love Houston and fit in just fine.
Houston definitely feels more "live and let live" than other places. Not sure if this is apathy or libertarianism or what. What I have found is that SO MUCH depends on your immediate neighbors. If you end up with great neighbors, and you each take time to genuinely get to know each other, then you can live basically anywhere. If your immediate neighbors are cold (at best) or hostile (at worst), then even the greatest pocket of the city will be miserable. We are a gay family surrounded by straight families and retirees, and 80% of them have been great. The remaining 20% are polite, bordering on cold, but they are more than offset by the ones who have decided that genuine (genuine-appearing, at least) is the key to a happy life for everyone.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:14 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,347,799 times
I've lived in Meadows Place and loved it. Reasonably priced, nice neighbor plenty of "family" in the community. You'd like it.

That being said, any place in/around Houston is LGBT friendly. I have friends in pretty much all the ["you would want to live in"] communities around Houston and no issues reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston