Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 10:01 PM

19 posts, read 15,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc50 View Post
Seems like more to the story. Builders want to sell you a home. I doubt any builder in this town isn’t it at least communicating and that doesn’t sound like Trendmaker to me they are one of the very reputable builders in town.
That’s why I’m confused too. Doesn’t make sense that she doesn’t communicate. Unless her homes are selling like hot cakes, which it could be. How familiar are you with this community/builder? I know they had a great reputation but they also got bought out right? Could this have changed their business practice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 02:49 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,784,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehippo View Post
That’s why I’m confused too. Doesn’t make sense that she doesn’t communicate. Unless her homes are selling like hot cakes, which it could be. How familiar are you with this community/builder? I know they had a great reputation but they also got bought out right? Could this have changed their business practice?
I would buy a Trendmaker in Cross Creek Ranch before buying there JMHO https://www.crosscreektexas.com/

Old 12-28-2020, 07:54 AM

160 posts, read 401,140 times
Trendmaker was purchased or rather merged in 2014. So are you comparing them to themselves 5-10 years ago, if so I think all companies have evolved or changed some but from the outside looking in, I do not see large changes in how they operate or treats their customers. Would agree with the poster above you also should check out Cross Creek they offer the same product unless their is some reason you don’t like Cross Creek.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I would buy a Trendmaker in Cross Creek Ranch before buying there JMHO https://www.crosscreektexas.com/
Cross Creek is a little further west than I had wanted. Any particular reason why you prefer Cross Creek over Grayson Woods? If it’s a better community, that may be a better option despite the location.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc50 View Post
Trendmaker was purchased or rather merged in 2014. So are you comparing them to themselves 5-10 years ago, if so I think all companies have evolved or changed some but from the outside looking in, I do not see large changes in how they operate or treats their customers. Would agree with the poster above you also should check out Cross Creek they offer the same product unless their is some reason you don’t like Cross Creek.
Like I said, I’m not familiar with Trendmaker except I have heard that they were/are a good company. However, my experience so far has been sub-par. Does that mean that Trendmaker as a whole is bad? Maybe not. But the other piece of information I know is that the company either got bought out or merged and companies can change depending on if management changes. You seem to know Trendmaker hasn’t changed. Have you worked with/bought from them throughout the years or know someone who works there?

Last edited by Purplehippo; 12-28-2020 at 08:36 AM..

Old 12-28-2020, 09:56 AM

25 posts, read 34,883 times
Had a discussion with Toll Brothers the other day (in the Dallas area), and it seemed clear that there was not good value to be found there.

The salesman was trying to upcharge for everything and it seemed like a scam.

Probably leaning toward buying an existing home and renovating.

Old 12-28-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relocating2dfw View Post
Had a discussion with Toll Brothers the other day (in the Dallas area), and it seemed clear that there was not good value to be found there.

The salesman was trying to upcharge for everything and it seemed like a scam.

Probably leaning toward buying an existing home and renovating.
Yeah, the upcharge is pretty crazy but Trendmaker seems to have higher prices than Toll brothers. A media room at Toll brothers is $19k but at Trendmaker it’s $28k. I feel like the market is making these builders so greedy, it’s disheartening.

Old 12-28-2020, 04:09 PM

7 posts, read 8,962 times
Quote:
Yeah, the upcharge is pretty crazy but Trendmaker seems to have higher prices than Toll brothers. A media room at Toll brothers is $19k but at Trendmaker it’s $28k. I feel like the market is making these builders so greedy, it’s disheartening.
You can not compare like that. Media room, per se, in different floor plans will mean different infrastructure change. Even within same builder same addition will be different price for different floor plan.
Toll brothers is a more expensive builder and supposedly better quality.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboNJ View Post
You can not compare like that. Media room, per se, in different floor plans will mean different infrastructure change. Even within same builder same addition will be different price for different floor plan.
Toll brothers is a more expensive builder and supposedly better quality.
Oh, I didn’t realize. I assumed that since they were both upstairs additions, they were comparable. If Toll brothers is better builder with better quality, they only charge $19k for their media addition but Trendmaker charges more for their addition though.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:33 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,784,793 times
Quote:
Cross Creek is a little further west than I had wanted. Any particular reason why you prefer Cross Creek over Grayson Woods? If it’s a better community, that may be a better option despite the location.
It's a much better community than Grayson wood. It has more amenities, onsight schools, and tons of community activities. I'm sure it will maintain a much stronger resale value than Grayson woods (any decent realtor would agree).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston