Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 08:46 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,248,025 times

Advertisements

I predict at some point this year, we will not have seen rain in a month and the lawns will be brown and we will be praying for rain. The farmers are never really happy, are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 11:24 AM

11,123 posts, read 7,188,359 times
A person who has moved to a horribly dry and depressing area (as I have) can value the rains and moisture. Sure, sunny days are great, but rain and moisture are important too, and that includes with our bodies (which are largely water-based). Take that away, and you start to see life starved at the core, and also less functioning. It's the food and "oil" for most of life (plants, animals, etc.)

Old 05-27-2021, 02:22 PM

2,442 posts, read 2,532,375 times
Rain is important. At least for my lawn and plants occasional rain couple of times a week is good enough. Don't forget that humidity in the air is always there and it helps too. It doesn't have to rain all week long including weekends. And I don't like draught too. I love right balance that we normally have in Houston, but not last two weeks.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:20 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,245,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I predict at some point this year, we will not have seen rain in a month and the lawns will be brown and we will be praying for rain. The farmers are never really happy, are they?
Lived most of my life here and that’s how it is many times. It’s a cycle of drought & flood, and the same parts of town that have houses take on water make the news.

Old 06-01-2021, 11:20 AM

18,136 posts, read 25,318,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Fertilizer is more efficient than just water.
Rain water is easier and cheaper than fertilizer

Old 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM

268 posts, read 180,889 times
If you plan on living here long, it is important to develop both indoor and outdoor activities/hobbies.

This is not San Diego or Phoenix...it rains here often. LOL

For me, I have my bikes for non-rainy days and the gym for the rainy days.

Not a fan of the rainy days either, but if you only have activities that depend on dry conditions or fair weather...Houston is going to be a hard place for you to live.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Allen View Post
If you plan on living here long, it is important to develop both indoor and outdoor activities/hobbies.

This is not San Diego or Phoenix...it rains here often. LOL

For me, I have my bikes for non-rainy days and the gym for the rainy days.

Not a fan of the rainy days either, but if you only have activities that depend on dry conditions or fair weather...Houston is going to be a hard place for you to live.
It's funny to hear that. I've lived in Houston long enough. Don't really consider it to be a hard place for me to live. And I do have both indoor and outdoor hobbies. This thread is already obsolete: last two weekends were good. This weekend is going to be good too. Beach time

Old 06-11-2021, 05:55 PM

66 posts, read 58,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Well last weekend was half ruined.
This weekend is pretty much ruined completely.
Still huge chance of rain even tomorrow.
I didn't complain about the rain yesterday, went out for a long walk and it was warm.
But today it's already too much.
could you guys please help me please-does it rain a lot in Houston in general? What is weather like there in summer? Rain every day? Would like to know before I were to move

Old 06-11-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ym2m11 View Post
could you guys please help me please-does it rain a lot in Houston in general? What is weather like there in summer? Rain every day? Would like to know before I were to move
May was quite wet this year.
But it's already June now.

Old 06-11-2021, 06:20 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,942,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ym2m11 View Post
Here is a ten day forecast

https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...pearland/77584
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston