Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:49 PM

151 posts, read 641,201 times

Advertisements

The week has finally arrived!!

I want to do 2 things on 2 separate days and I need your help with planning/managing the particulars:

1.) Museum Outing during mid-morning w/lunch at a place that is unique to houston but not expensive. I'd like to ride the Metro Rail to all destinations. What do you suggest?

2.) Kemah or Galveston at 9am w/seafood lunch. Same as above, unique to Houston, inexpensive within close distance.

Thanks for your help. My fam/friends will appreciate it. Even after 10 months of living here, I am just as much of a tourist as they are. I know, must do better!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericka709 View Post
The week has finally arrived!!

I want to do 2 things on 2 separate days and I need your help with planning/managing the particulars:

1.) Museum Outing during mid-morning w/lunch at a place that is unique to houston but not expensive. I'd like to ride the Metro Rail to all destinations. What do you suggest?

2.) Kemah or Galveston at 9am w/seafood lunch. Same as above, unique to Houston, inexpensive within close distance.

Thanks for your help. My fam/friends will appreciate it. Even after 10 months of living here, I am just as much of a tourist as they are. I know, must do better!!
I'm not up to speed on Kemah / Galveston eateries, so I'll defer to someone more knowledgeable.

For lunch on Museum day you may want to breeze through Empire Cafe. Quirky, artsy, coffee shop feel with healthy and not so healthy options at reasonable prices. It's not a bad drive from the Museum district but not a good walk. 1732 Westheimer, 77098 (between Dunlavy and Shepherd). I think you would probably drive north on Montrose from the Museum and turn left on Westheimer, but trust Google Maps more than me.

Hope I'm not too late.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:32 PM

151 posts, read 641,201 times
Thanks Jimbo!! You are not too late, the outing is Saturday so please continue to post your suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I'm not up to speed on Kemah / Galveston eateries, so I'll defer to someone more knowledgeable.

For lunch on Museum day you may want to breeze through Empire Cafe. Quirky, artsy, coffee shop feel with healthy and not so healthy options at reasonable prices. It's not a bad drive from the Museum district but not a good walk. 1732 Westheimer, 77098 (between Dunlavy and Shepherd). I think you would probably drive north on Montrose from the Museum and turn left on Westheimer, but trust Google Maps more than me.

Hope I'm not too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston