Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 01:08 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I'm not wrong. Go to Virginia Highlands or Druid Hills inside the perimeter and they are whiter than the Woodlands. Atlanta housing is just a lot more segregated than Houston and always has been. You lived in the most diverse part of the Atlanta area, more an exception than the rule. That is like comparing Alief to Forsyth County.

Now if you are talking politics, maybe you have a point.
You do realize Inner Loop Houston has neighborhoods just as White as what you'll find in Atlanta or The Woodlands. The only difference between Houston is that a lot of neighborhoods in the the loop were much more predominantly Hispanic but are not gentrified communities filled with half a mil townhomes and hipster right next door to modest to damn near dilatated housing occupied by Hispanic Houstonian's that's been in community for generations.

No one is saying Atlanta is less segregated than Houston. I specifically said coming from Chamblee and that part of metro Atlanta that extends into Gwinnett County moving into the Woodlands was a cultural shock.

Also even though Virginia Highlands and Druid Hills are primarily White as far as residency goes, there's plenty of businesses and establishments where you'll see a ton of different ethnic groups, demographics, etc. in those areas. You won't see that diversity on any level in The Wooldands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 03:27 PM

1,952 posts, read 828,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
You do realize Inner Loop Houston has neighborhoods just as White as what you'll find in Atlanta or The Woodlands. The only difference between Houston is that a lot of neighborhoods in the the loop were much more predominantly Hispanic but are not gentrified communities filled with half a mil townhomes and hipster right next door to modest to damn near dilatated housing occupied by Hispanic Houstonian's that's been in community for generations.

No one is saying Atlanta is less segregated than Houston. I specifically said coming from Chamblee and that part of metro Atlanta that extends into Gwinnett County moving into the Woodlands was a cultural shock.

Also even though Virginia Highlands and Druid Hills are primarily White as far as residency goes, there's plenty of businesses and establishments where you'll see a ton of different ethnic groups, demographics, etc. in those areas. You won't see that diversity on any level in The Wooldands.

Yep! Bellaire, West U and Southside Place are white as Sweden. LOL

Old 02-08-2022, 05:57 AM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Yep! Bellaire, West U and Southside Place are white as Sweden. LOL
No, they arent.

Sweden is 94% white.

Belliare is:
62% white
23% Asian
8% Hispanic
3% black

West U is:
74% white
13% Asian
6% Hispanic
1% black

Ill grant they arent diverse compared to Greater Houston as a whole, but nowhere near as white as Sweden.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:53 AM

1,952 posts, read 828,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
No, they arent.

Sweden is 94% white.

Belliare is:
62% white
23% Asian
8% Hispanic
3% black

West U is:
74% white
13% Asian
6% Hispanic
1% black

Ill grant they arent diverse compared to Greater Houston as a whole, but nowhere near as white as Sweden.

Well..it was a JOKE. Sorry for the inaccuracy. Jeez

I guess I need to preface every joke with "this is a joke" from now on. LOL

Old 02-08-2022, 11:36 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
That would be appreciated

Old 02-08-2022, 12:40 PM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Well..it was a JOKE. Sorry for the inaccuracy. Jeez

I didnt know. Just clarifying.

Old 03-12-2022, 10:57 AM

13 posts, read 12,051 times
Sorry for changing the topic but as Vietnamese family if we lived in woodlands would the kids have any inclusivity issues at school? I know it’s vastly predominantly non minority

Old 03-19-2022, 01:14 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
The Woodlands is diverse
What happens is that you find people from all over the World … that are white

I call it … the most diverse white town in America

Now that is funny but very true!

Old 03-31-2022, 01:43 PM

121 posts, read 84,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Boi View Post
I think it is designed to look like a eastern bloc labyrinth…everywhere literally looks the same to me and the commercial areas aside from the waterway resembles more like Spring than a high income city. I feel like Katy, Cinco Ranch, Cypress, and Sugar Land definitely deliver a more upper class look and are more convenient to Houston. (Cypress is far but you don’t have to take I45 Also, it has I45 lol.
I spent an entire day looking at houses in the $350-400 thousand dollar range just a week ago in the Woodlands and I can tell you that although the city center is handsome and very well done, the residential areas are nasty and ill kept. The place is so overgrown and covered in dead shrubbery and overgrown trees that no grass will grow. anywhere. Most yards are just mud or mud covered with green mold. Back yards are dark, dank wastelands of mud. Houses ill kept. The main roadways are not cleared - dead shrubbery and dead trees crowd the streets. I think the developers wasted a great opportunity in the Woodlands. They built a jazzy city center and then never cleared the land for the residential developments. I would agree that Katy, which I know well, is much nicer. There are handsome divided boulevards throughout, treed and landscaped and very pretty. Be careful of the housing however. There are plenty of cheap builder houses made cardboard and spit in the older sections. Even the newer ones. And there are nice houses too, but you will have to pay upwards of $500,000 for a nice house in Katy. Housing prices have doubled there in the last 6 or 7 years.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:59 PM

403 posts, read 462,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro42 View Post
I spent an entire day looking at houses in the $350-400 thousand dollar range just a week ago in the Woodlands and I can tell you that although the city center is handsome and very well done, the residential areas are nasty and ill kept. The place is so overgrown and covered in dead shrubbery and overgrown trees that no grass will grow. anywhere. Most yards are just mud or mud covered with green mold. Back yards are dark, dank wastelands of mud. Houses ill kept. The main roadways are not cleared - dead shrubbery and dead trees crowd the streets. I think the developers wasted a great opportunity in the Woodlands. They built a jazzy city center and then never cleared the land for the residential developments. I would agree that Katy, which I know well, is much nicer. There are handsome divided boulevards throughout, treed and landscaped and very pretty. Be careful of the housing however. There are plenty of cheap builder houses made cardboard and spit in the older sections. Even the newer ones. And there are nice houses too, but you will have to pay upwards of $500,000 for a nice house in Katy. Housing prices have doubled there in the last 6 or 7 years.
I highly disagree with this post. The Woodlands never would have had the economic demand to build The Woodlands Town Center if it’s residential neighborhoods were not so well kept. It’s residential areas are far more well designed than it’s urban areas.

There is a large hipster population in The Woodlands, having a large urban area has affected The Woodlands and it has much more big-city cultural influence than it had in the 90s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston