Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 09:17 PM

34 posts, read 25,688 times

Advertisements

Like I previously said, I pay AT&T (for Uverse TV) $172.53/month for TV U200 package which is just one step above their cheapest package. So, as suggested, I called them and after giving them all the information (Username, Password, Pass Code, Favorite Restaurant) I was able to speak with a live human, not a very nice one at that, and asked for a reduction in my monthly Uverse rate. Lo & Behold I was offered $40 less for the coming month (note just ONE month) and $20 less for the next 11 months. I declined and hung up.

Next, I got online with Fubo TV and began the process of signing up for their "Free Trial". I wanted the "Pro" (their cheapest) and checked to see if it included the Astros' games. It did. I filled in all the information requested and began Checkout. There, for the first time, I saw an additional fee of $13.99/month for "Regional Sports Fee". Total right there of $88.98/month for Fubo's lowest offering. Just a week or so ago I did not se this Regional Sports Fee".

I may just get YouTube TV and then get to watch only the Astros' AWAY games. MLB blocks out local games and I don't intend to try and use VPN to get around that.

Basically, I just give up.

By the way, AT&T really STINKS. If you can find another option, take it. AT&T people would bleed their own families for a few additional cents. No joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2023, 11:37 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,026,405 times
Radio is not so bad but if I were you I would still purchase the MLB TV package. At least you can watch the home games 90 minutes after they end or the following day. If you are a baseball junkie like me you will enjoy listening to other teams’s broadcasts too.

Old 01-27-2023, 04:39 PM

34 posts, read 25,688 times
I was not aware you could watch the Astros' home games 90 minutes after game completion on MLB network. That's something to think about. Thanks.

Old 01-31-2023, 11:22 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
MLB Network is probably your best bet. I've heard you can use a VPN to get around the blackout restrictions for home games. We still have U-verse too, it's nice being able to watch all of the Astros games. But it is getting pricey. I just call every year to cancel and they offer me a promo, so I stay.
I think Fubo is figuring that out.

Old 02-13-2023, 03:22 PM

98 posts, read 99,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Eater View Post
I may just get YouTube TV and then get to watch only the Astros' AWAY games. MLB blocks out local games and I don't intend to try and use VPN to get around that.
The MLB.TV package blacks out all Astros games in the Houston market, not just away games. Not sure why you think you could watch away games on YouTube TV. Home vs. away are not treated any different for blackouts. If you want to watch the Astros, you need to go through DirecTV, Comcast, ATT&T or Fubo. Buying the MLB.TV package is not a workaround if you live in Houston.

That being said, one thing I did a few years ago when the Astros were on that terrible Comcast owned channel ("CSN Houston") which I didn't have access to was to buy the MLB.TV package, knowing that the Astros games were blacked out. The MLB package has one of those channels where they have 6 or 8 games being televised at once, all in little boxes. I could watch most Astros games by clicking on the Astros box. The Astros game was only on 1/6 of my TV. But I had a 72 inch TV, so was able to see it just fine. That channel was not subject to the blackout. Could actually watch other games at the same time if the Astros game was on a commercial.

Old 02-27-2023, 10:56 AM

313 posts, read 282,161 times
Everybody who cut the cable cord, what are you doing now? ATT, Xfinity, Direct TV can all eat a bag of rocks. FUBO has been pretty good so far but we’re open to other packages.

Old 03-06-2023, 09:10 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,446,206 times
Fubo for the win! For what it’s worth, you can refer friends and earn free credits. You get $30 credit and your friends get $30 credit when they subscribe. If you refer enough people, you watch the Astros for free all Summer long.

Old 03-07-2023, 11:07 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
I have Comcast Xfinity and I get all the Astros games home and away. I'm paying about $127 a month.

Old 03-07-2023, 06:46 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,240,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I have Comcast Xfinity and I get all the Astros games home and away. I'm paying about $127 a month.
Is the $127/month just for the Astros package, or does that include other services?

Old 03-07-2023, 09:30 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Is the $127/month just for the Astros package, or does that include other services?
Thats for their basic cable which includes like 150 channels. Local channels, ESPN, A&E, Hist etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston