Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:38 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,127,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Lake Houston? I don't know about that, but the San Jacinto River isn't exactly a clean, sparkly body of water. If that means anything...

One example: Environmental Releases for SOUTHWEST SHIPYARD L.P.
lol. well i'll do dirty if someone with hair and skin intact having fun on it. but thanks, i wont get shocked if i see mutants in that location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 11:39 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,595,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
so you were walking only. my bad. the hell do you do that....
Because I'm cooler than you.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:40 AM

659 posts, read 1,378,367 times
Some of the comments from new transplants astound me. You didn't check to see what summer weather in Houston is like before you moved-and now you're griping? That's like buying a car and not confirming what amenities it has. Get over it-learn to adapt-or move.

Someone mentioned that they're from Phoenix and that Houston is boring?? Boring?? Really, sounds like that person is probably boring. There's tons of great cultural (and not so cultural) stuff to do in Houston-summer or not. Phoenix? Now, that's boring. The main art museum was nicely designed-but the collection wasn't very "deep." Sounds like someone should have chosen to live in the Loop-buyer's remorse I guess...

Old 06-19-2008, 11:40 AM

469 posts, read 1,453,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh yes, please do, cash only please!
Me too!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Someone from PHX saying Houston is boring?? Whats next? Someone from Providence saying NYC is boring?

Yes, the heat in Houston is incredibly hot and humid, but what do you expect? Thats like someone moving to Minnesota and complaining about cold winters.
thats just the wrong person at the wrong place kind of situation. similar to whats being discussed here

Old 06-19-2008, 11:42 AM

659 posts, read 1,378,367 times
Quote:
dude, you're on a bicycle on a hot day taking pictures of ordinary things. you're very exciting. or more obviously youve learned to love and be thankful with what you got compared to, say, honduras.

you dont understand. the area should taunt you to do things you haven't done before BUT must be in-line with your interests - very important, I dont need people to tell me to go visit some stupid museum.
what adrenalin pumping activities can you recommend thats 1-2hrs away? not involving reading suspense books or spectating? got anything a little more exiting than slowly drifting with tubes on canals? oh wait thats not even in houston i think. how about bike trails, i mean trails with danger/warning signs. you know stuff just a notch more challenging and not for kindergarden kids. i do appreciate your recommendations. I already did skydiving thats not cost effective
Should have done your homework. Your fault...

Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,730,396 times
Quote:
lol. well i'll do dirty if someone with hair and skin intact having fun on it. but thanks, i wont get shocked if i see mutants in that location

That area is downstream from Lake Houston about 7-8 miles, but it's all the same continuous body of water. I will say the water around that shipyard is brown, if not browner than Galveston's. Highly industrial area. That's enough for me to scratch the lake off my list.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feufoma View Post
That's like buying a car and not confirming what amenities it has. Get over it-learn to adapt-or move.
houston is more like an econo company car. its what noone really takes care of

Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 AM

469 posts, read 1,453,056 times
Default Hold on...

[quote=feufoma;4160910]Some of the comments from new transplants astound me. You didn't check to see what summer weather in Houston is like before you moved-and now you're griping? That's like buying a car and not confirming what amenities it has. Get over it-learn to adapt-or move.

I am here because of my husband's job (he works in Sugar Land.) He is in the oil/pipeline business, and Houston seems the place to be for that. I have lived here since 2003, but my husband is from here. He even says he would like to move and has promised to do so within the next 2 years.
I just wanted to get some feedback from others who are "stuck" in a similar situation; so I would not feel so lonely in my misery.
You know, misery loves company...

Old 06-19-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feufoma View Post
Should have done your homework. Your fault...
voila! didn't i tell you guys about standard houstonese responses like this. "should have done your homework/research" hahahaha! i flew to america and thats all I need to know. all its major cities should be great! but woah, what the hell is wrong, this houston place blows monkey balls. [falling on my knees, looking at the sky] "NOOOOO! I should have done my homework!", "Damn them, damn them all!"

now what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston