Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:14 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,216,670 times

Advertisements

Pearland is not near the water and you would have to drive to get to some. There are no beaches (w/sand) except at Galveston or along the coast, though there are nice parks where you can wade and fish in LaPorte, Shoracres, Seabrook, etc. "Port" areas are confined to the Ship Channel, Bayport, Clear Lake channel (pleasure vessels), and the intercoastal in Galveston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 01:46 PM

2,548 posts, read 4,054,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlynn View Post
So if you work in the medical center area Pearland is close by? What kind of travel time?
Depends on the time of day. I guess in rush hour it could take quite a while; 288 gets backed up. But I drive it often in the middle of the day and on weekends, and it takes me 15 -20 minutes (med center area to Silverlake area).

Old 07-12-2008, 04:57 PM

4 posts, read 11,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
Pearland is not near the water and you would have to drive to get to some. There are no beaches (w/sand) except at Galveston or along the coast, though there are nice parks where you can wade and fish in LaPorte, Shoracres, Seabrook, etc. "Port" areas are confined to the Ship Channel, Bayport, Clear Lake channel (pleasure vessels), and the intercoastal in Galveston.
Thanks. That is what I was telling my wife, but since I actually have never been to that part of Houston, she wanted to make sure that those areas were actually considered part of the Port. Thanks again for confirming what I thought.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:42 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
The drive to Katy from downtown is a major drag out I-10. For that reason alone, I would not pick Katy if it were me. Katy itself is very nice - where you live really depends on where you commute to and what you desire or don't care about in your commute.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:16 PM

40 posts, read 206,604 times
Pearland seems to be the hottest area in town. Thats what I gather.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 779 times
Katy and Sugar Land are both VERY crowded, both with traffic and undisciplined kids. When you go shopping or to a restaurant, there are too many spoiled, screaming, undisciplined kids around. Katy schools have bullying and drug problems just like any other school. Too many people are moving to both Katy and Sugar Land because there are rumors of great schools. Do parents really know what goes on at their child's school during the day when the parents aren't around? The schools tell the kids to keep it quiet when drugs are found in the lockers. They "address" bullying issues, but nothing is really ever done about it.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:09 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,793,637 times
WoW... Now let me google this and see if I can decypher / translate your post. That is quite some intense message you got there mate... No intent to insult but after a post like this, you either don't have any kids or if you do, you already lost the train as far as parenthood goes.... How can you make so many inaccurate and idiotic statements in very few words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernresident View Post
Katy and Sugar Land are both VERY crowded, both with traffic and undisciplined kids. When you go shopping or to a restaurant, there are too many spoiled, screaming, undisciplined kids around. Katy schools have bullying and drug problems just like any other school. Too many people are moving to both Katy and Sugar Land because there are rumors of great schools. Do parents really know what goes on at their child's school during the day when the parents aren't around? The schools tell the kids to keep it quiet when drugs are found in the lockers. They "address" bullying issues, but nothing is really ever done about it.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:00 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Why are all of these extremely old OP's being resurrected lately? This one began in 2008.........

Old 01-01-2011, 10:33 PM

85 posts, read 193,467 times
texas... I was just wondering the same thing. This is the third one tonight I've noticed. Posts should be deleted after 3-4 months of no activity.. IMO.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:38 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Nah, people come here searching for relocation info and the old threads are helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston