Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 AM

47 posts, read 175,741 times

Advertisements

The amount of first time posters in favor of Cervelle in this thread make it lose all credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 01:29 PM

34 posts, read 48,503 times
What issues have you seen or heard from people about Cervelle? I'm looking for info on as many builders as I can, but can't find too much negative info about that compared to other builders. It could be because they build fewer homes.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,056 times
Default Cervelle Homes

I have read through this post and find it enlightening. I am moving back to my home state of Texas at the end of the year and we are making a 10 day house hunting trip starting Friday. We will be looking at existing homes but also new and a couple of custom builders. This will be our last house so we are particular but not home snobs. The important things to us is a pool or room to put a pool in, one story, a three car garage and an open modern layout. We are not formal people so a formal living room is actually a minus to us. The Cervelle Homes look good for us. We are also looking at Tilson Homes for a custom build if we need to. Does anyone know if these developments allow private pools or is there even room in the back yards for a big pool? Being empty nested we only need 3 bedrooms and an office for me.
It sounds like you either like Cervelle or you hate them. I am not sure about the haters but one thing I notice on this post is that none of the haters actually owned a Cervelle home and no one owning a Cervelle Home seems dissatisfied with the exception of the person with the gutter issue. I will keep an open mind and judge for myself. Also the BBB has no real history of complaint with Cervelle. Actually it looks pretty good. One complaint resolved and one that looks like owner damage report way after warranty period. So that makes me wonder even more about the Cervelle decenters???

Old 05-20-2014, 01:04 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,565,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboMan1 View Post
It sounds like you either like Cervelle or you hate them. I am not sure about the haters but one thing I notice on this post is that none of the haters actually owned a Cervelle home and no one owning a Cervelle Home seems dissatisfied with the exception of the person with the gutter issue. I will keep an open mind and judge for myself. Also the BBB has no real history of complaint with Cervelle. Actually it looks pretty good. One complaint resolved and one that looks like owner damage report way after warranty period. So that makes me wonder even more about the Cervelle decenters???
My parents bought a newly built Cervelle house in SouthFork and they couldn't be happier. It's been 3 years now.

When they were looking, I tried to push them away from Cervelle. The houses are not the latest design, they don't have the cool features that I found in the builders in Southern Trails, but my parents didn't want anything to do with the flashier builders. They looked at the materials Cervelle used and the quality of the houses. They got a one story with a four car barn garage and a huge backyard. They have nothing but grass in that yard. They like it that way, my dad says it is the easiest to mow.

They got a very well built house that will be lower maintenance, all brick, marble inlays in the window sills, etc... It's not a flashy place and it looks like an older home, to me. But they love it. They wanted quality They got quality. And they didn't have a bad experience with the builder at all. The salesperson they dealt with was a very frank and blunt older guy. My dad is a frank and blunt older guy so they spoke the same language.

Again, those builders are not for people wanting flashy designs and sweet friendly salesfolk. But that was just my family's experience. My parents will be there till they die (hopefully a long long time from now, they're only 60).

Old 05-20-2014, 02:39 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,219,974 times
if cervelle could let you have the option of those dang barn garages....they're not bad...doesn't look appealing when all homes look the same...I was in one this weekend and they decorate it with that "old feel" and the lot sixes are big

they give you the impression that you actually bought a lot

they have some nice 2 story homes but there's no model for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston