Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 05:43 PM

5 posts, read 19,232 times

Advertisements

Gleannloch Farms off Spring Cypress and Champion Forest is a nice master planned community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 08:45 PM

13 posts, read 97,360 times
Thanks everyone! You guys have been very very helpful

Mr.smectite - Thanks for a brief history of Spring & Jill's website. Very informative and details about each communities. If I don't know any better, I think she's marketing it for the out of state people like me hehehe

Indianspringguy - The Woodlands is an option along with Tomball and Cypress but I will be living w/ my sister in Spring for the first year so I want to find out more info about it from a long time residents. Once I'm there, I will decide which community or city I would like to purchase my house.

Studio - Thanks for the listing. They are great looking homes!

James - I work in HR-Health care for the past 11 years so I would like to stay in the same field. However, I plan to work P/T until the kids are a bit older. I heard about Med Ctr in downtown but I don't think I want to commute there for p/t work...might not worth it. Maybe work locally in a smaller hospital. My husband is a CNC Machinist. We don't have any jobs line up for us so we don't know where we will be working...

Sugarsugar - from what I saw on the internet I like Gleannloch Farms & Champion Forest. I like an established neighborhoods w/ bigger lots & mature trees b/c it reminds me of my house in MA.

Wish everyone a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!

Thanks again.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:23 AM

76 posts, read 236,917 times
spring used to be one of the places to live back in the day... now, many parts are starting to get a little geto/ghetto...I say that because I live here...You're better off in the woodlands area if you can...cops are a little more strickt there but thats good...champion forest has great areas, but surrounded by not so great areas...i work minutes from there..shops/stores/restaurants are not that great in the areas either... I worked in the woodlands as well, and stores/rest/malls, etc is much much nicer...in a few years, the spring/north houston area will just get worse in my opinion... good luck with your choice either way...

Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 PM

26 posts, read 107,251 times
We love Northampton, it's near F.M. 2920 & Kuykendahl.
It's zoned to Northampton Elementary, Hildebrandt Intermediate and Klein Oak High School.
All three schools are clustered together next to each other and are connected to Northampton.
A new neighborhood connected to Northampton is Auburn Lakes.
The entire thing, Northampton & Auburn Lakes, backs up to Creekside Park, the newest neighborhood from the Woodlands Development Corp.
Northampton Elementary, Hildebrandt and Klein Oak are all zoned to Klein ISD.
Creekside Park, the Woodlands' newest community, is zoned to Tomball ISD.
Just across Spring Creek, to the north, is The Woodlands, and it's all zoned to Conroe ISD.
It's gorgeous out here and you should get a Realtor and come check it out.
Be forewarned, however, many Realtors in The Woodlands will pretend that they don't know where Northampton and Auburn Lakes are, or that they've even heard of them.
But Northampton has been here just as long as The Woodlands has, about 30 years.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:31 PM

130 posts, read 455,763 times
You are smart to try before you buy. Many people commit in a couple of days. I lived in an apartment for an entire year looking for a place and finally found it here.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:06 PM

Northampton Neighbor blog

Here's a link to my neighborhood in Spring, it's called Northampton.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:46 PM

13 posts, read 97,360 times
Benning - Thanks so much for taking the time to provide me with such details info about those three Klein ISD schools. I really appreciate it. Sounds like Northampton would be a perfect neighborhood for me as all three schools are close to one another.

I took a quick look on line on all three schools and found that most comments from former students/parents are positive. One of the parents' comment from 2006 was that there's no after school care program for Northampton elementary - is this still the case? I may not need it but it'd be nice to know if they have one now.

Indianspringsguy - thanks for your advice. I definitely will take the time to look around before making any commitments. My sister said I can stay with her as long as I need to - she may regret that offer LOL

Thank you both again

Old 02-11-2009, 02:08 PM

Hi Northshoregirl-
Glad to hear you like Northampton! We love it here, too!
As far as after school programs for Northampton Elementary, I really don't know if there are programs held at the school directly paid for by Klein ISD. You might want to check with the school personnel on that one. There are plenty of daycares in this area, plenty of stay at home moms, some of whom will watch kids after school for a nominal amount, and two Y's close by. If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them for you.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,749 times
How close to your family are you planning to live? Same subdivision? Same Schools? Also I have recently noticed that a local business(Spring) was hiring CNC machinist, near Gleannloch Farms. I can send the name of the company if wanted, just can't recall the name right now.

Kevin

Old 02-15-2009, 03:31 PM

5 posts, read 14,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northshoregirl View Post
Hello everyone,

Our family will be relocating to Spring TX in summer 2009 to be close to family. We would like to purchase a house between 150k - 200k in a family friendly neighborhood. We have a 6 & 2 year old kids.

Could you recommend a great/safe school, subdivisions, park...maybe within walking distance?

Heard all about the traffics and it kind of scar us a bit coming from small town MA (yikes!)

Thanks a lot!!!
Have i got a house and great school area Klien ISd for you
Go 5419 alamosa lane spring texas on your com****r and take a look at that house and subdivision
this area is is Kid friendly and very family oriented .also i know these people are selling for sale by owner and are very motivated .they have to leave after 8 months because of a job Transfer .this house is beautiful and they upgated everything .the yard is to die for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston