Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:39 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times

Advertisements

Just July and August???

Hmm... June 5thish-Ocotber 5thish is more like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 06:00 PM

684 posts, read 2,110,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Just July and August???

Hmm... June 5thish-Ocotber 5thish is more like it.
Well if that is the case, we will be fine...we have been out several times in those months..fared very well...actually the only months we haven't been out are July/August

Sonoma County gets pretty hot in the summer (90's & 100's) so maybe it isn't quite the shock for us, sans the humidity, which I don't find that horrible...mostly because you guys actually use your A/C..here people pay to have A/C installed in their homes, then anguish over actually using it because of the energy costs....

yeah I agree, kinda dumb...but true..

Old 04-26-2009, 06:37 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisy View Post
Well if that is the case, we will be fine...we have been out several times in those months..fared very well...actually the only months we haven't been out are July/August

Sonoma County gets pretty hot in the summer (90's & 100's) so maybe it isn't quite the shock for us, sans the humidity, which I don't find that horrible...mostly because you guys actually use your A/C..here people pay to have A/C installed in their homes, then anguish over actually using it because of the energy costs....

yeah I agree, kinda dumb...but true..
Miss Daisy....I have to say...there is NO comparison to the heat in Northern Ca. to the Texas heat and humidity. When we lived in Napa, we turned on our air maybe a total of 5 times a summer....Here, the AC has been on for the last several months already and will not go off until Dec (maybe).
That being said....It's bad...but I find it tolerable. One just learns to live with it and get on with life. But there are some I know who refuse to go out while the sun is up and never leave the AC.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
MissDaisy, sending good home sale vibes your way. I sure do know what you are going through as we have redone and sold two homes since 2006. The first time, we had five offers in the first five hours the home was for sale...that was the height of the real estate boom. Made a huge profit on that one. The second time, we sweated it out for 45 days in a neighborhood full of unsold inventory. We managed to sell that one for just a small loss...it could have been a lot worse.

See you soon in your new home state!

Old 04-26-2009, 08:33 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,938,024 times
Good luck!! Really hope you can sell fast and get down here to enjoy your home...I am still loving my Village built home after 9 months. And I really don't mine the heat all that much...right now our AC is running, the house is at 74 and it feels much too chilly inside to me! I do LOVE that Northern Cal area though, my Aunt lives in Santa Rosa, but the expense...whew!!

Old 04-27-2009, 02:06 AM

214 posts, read 725,125 times
bah...we havent turned our air on this year and won't until it becomes a bit more hot/humid...we love the heat though

Blessings on your trip and best of luck with the sale/move!

Old 04-27-2009, 05:13 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikU19 View Post
bah...we havent turned our air on this year and won't until it becomes a bit more hot/humid...we love the heat though

LOL...your more of a woman (man) than I! Down here on the water, the humidity is way too high...not willing to deal with mold in my house along with the heat! We lost power last week with that little tornado that went through the house was up to 85 degrees in no time...and it's a 5 yr. old house! Couldn't wait for the electricity to go back on to run the AC
Whatever the heat may be....hurry up Miss Daisy and get here so you can give us your personal opinion!

Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhubbell View Post
Good luck!! Really hope you can sell fast and get down here to enjoy your home...I am still loving my Village built home after 9 months. And I really don't mine the heat all that much...right now our AC is running, the house is at 74 and it feels much too chilly inside to me! I do LOVE that Northern Cal area though, my Aunt lives in Santa Rosa, but the expense...whew!!
Your aunt lives in Santa Rosa??? What a super small world!!

What Village Builder subdivision did you buy in??

Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikU19 View Post

Thank you ErikU19 !

Old 04-27-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
MissDaisy, sending good home sale vibes your way. I sure do know what you are going through as we have redone and sold two homes since 2006. The first time, we had five offers in the first five hours the home was for sale...that was the height of the real estate boom. Made a huge profit on that one. The second time, we sweated it out for 45 days in a neighborhood full of unsold inventory. We managed to sell that one for just a small loss...it could have been a lot worse.

See you soon in your new home state!
Hey Topaz ! Great to hear from you !!

...yeah, it is exhausting...and nerve-wracking....

But oh -- so-- worth --it !!!!

ps..can you believe hubby broke his foot !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston