Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:29 AM

1,474 posts, read 4,998,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timnwendy View Post
Tell that to the two guys who got shot to death while sitting in their car a few streets behind the Hong Kong City mall a couple of weeks ago.
got any links? is that even chinatown related?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 01:44 PM

480 posts, read 1,699,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
got any links? is that even chinatown related?
Police investigate 2 SW Houston shooting deaths | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Plug in Carvel Dr. in mapquest and you will see what I'm talking about.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timnwendy View Post
Police investigate 2 SW Houston shooting deaths | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Plug in Carvel Dr. in mapquest and you will see what I'm talking about.

umm thats really quite far and not related to chinatown patrons. IIRC this happened in one of those old deteriorated neighborhoods

Old 04-08-2010, 06:13 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,658,318 times
It's not far from China town at all, is is right behind it. Hong Kong City Mall area is definitely part of China/Asian town.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
umm thats really quite far and not related to chinatown patrons. IIRC this happened in one of those old deteriorated neighborhoods
Just the other day you were saying Chinatown is between Gessner and Highway 6. This murder happened right by Boone 5 short blocks south of that Hong Kong Mall. You saying that's not in Chinatown is like somebody saying Niko Niko's isn't in Montrose.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:40 PM

LOL i said *patrons", not in an area where one visits when going to chinatown. do you guys go 5 blocks behind hongkong city mall? I dont. you dont just "walk" into that area, no?

chinatown is ON BELLAIRE BLVD, between gessner and 6. firkin obviously. the rest of Alief/Sharpstown is not chinatown, cannot be safe as chinatown(the public area). I cannot even encourage people to visit south of bellaire blvd. youre probably thinking chinatown is upto where a chinese man lives LOL dumb
I'm not defending it. obviously people need to know that chi-town is just a SECTION of the Alief/Sharpstown SuperNEIGHBORHOOD. you guys get me? same as my pretty good/safe SUBDIVISION is just unfortunately part of the superneighborhood

Last edited by SteveArmy; 04-08-2010 at 07:51 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 07:50 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
LOL i said *patrons", not in an area where one visits when going to chinatown. do you guys go 5 blocks behind hongkong city mall? I dont. you dont just "walk" into that area, no?

chinatown is ON BELLAIRE BLVD, between gessner and 6. firkin obviously. the rest of Alief/Sharpstown is not chinatown, cannot be safe as chinatown(the public area). I cannot even encourage people to visit south of bellaire blvd.
I'm not defending it. obviously people need to know that chi-town is just a SECTION of the Alief/Sharpstown SuperNEIGHBORHOOD. you guys get me? same as my pretty good/safe SUBDIVISION is just unfortunately part of the superneighborhood
I'm not sure anybody gets you.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm not sure anybody gets you.
like jesus. (you wont get it.)

Old 04-08-2010, 11:01 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,542,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elipar View Post
I've got a job in Chinatown (near Bellaire and Gessner) and was wondering how safe it is, at night especially. I see burglar bars everywhere!
You should be fine. Avoid low lit areas and withdrawing cash from ATM machines. Don't leave anything valuable in plain view inside your vehicle. Just common sense kinda things. There is a police substation in DiHo square.What kind of job is it that you do at night around Chinatown? What specific part of Chinatown are you working in(streets exactly)?

Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
You should be fine. Avoid low lit areas and withdrawing cash from ATM machines. Don't leave anything valuable in plain view inside your vehicle. Just common sense kinda things. There is a police substation in DiHo square.What kind of job is it that you do at night around Chinatown? What specific part of Chinatown are you working in(streets exactly)?
LOL youre too obvious man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston