Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 08:18 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times

Advertisements

What's going on with this?
Buffalo Lakes Master Plan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 09:04 PM

Washingston Street or Heights?(IDK about this; just posting)
http://bisnow.com/real-estate-hou/20...ngton-heights/

Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 PM

270 posts, read 478,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
lots of downtown jobs were lost because of the merge. Some will tell you lots will be created in the airport, but you are losing a lot of upper level jobs in Houston and creating more labor related jobs at the airport. Quite disappointing in my point of view
Actually being an employee we will pick up more jobs at the airport. Houston is a Pilot and Flight attendant base, then you factor in the maintenance and techs. With the opening of the new runways,we've seen flights and destinations increase. On top of that,we'rre still taking deliveries of aircraft,thus you'll need additional manpower. Everything at the airport isn't just labor related jobs ( which pay pretty good ). We still have the flight simulators,complete with engineers out on JFK, plus your training,management, and admin jobs inside the airport. Actually expect this aiport to grow. If we do add a terminal as the constant,but subtle rumors are true,then expect more jobs out at the airport and in the area. The city of Houston ( surrounding MSA ) and local companies drive the growth at the aiport. IAH has the highest fares of any airport in the US. Most of it is driven by OIL and ENERGY. Which is why we have so many international carriers popping up. Dubai,we're starting Auckland ,New Zealand, and Lagos ,Nigeria is in the plans as well. So when they say we will add jobs,yeah,there will actually be growth. The local economy is what will drive it. Before the merger Houston had more flights per day operated by CO than UA had daily at Chicago,thus making Houston the largest hub in the new United System.

As far as the topic of the thread, SouthernBoy205 asked about projects in The Woodlands. I'll be honest,other than the occasional visit to the mall,or movies, I pretty much stay within the village I live in. As most here have it's own grocery store,resturaunts,etc

But here is a link for Creekside Park. It's the newest, and currently ongoing as far as development.

Some of Creekside is actually in Harris County I think, so some homes are in Tomball ISD or the city of Tomball. Yet it's part of The Woodlands development. Forgot how all that works.

Houston homes, Houston Open Houses, and New Houston Listings - HAR.com - HAR.com

The from the Woodlands website : The Woodlands - Texas' most celebrated master-planned community.

everything on that last link should take you to whatever you want to know about creekside.

Last edited by BCEagles01; 05-29-2011 at 09:42 PM..

Old 05-29-2011, 09:12 PM

Regent Square is going to break ground in 2012.
Quote:
Regent Square is set to break ground next year. That project will include 400k SF of retail and restaurants, 240k SF of office, 1,000 apartment units, and 500 condos.

STICK-TO-IT-IVENESS

Old 05-29-2011, 09:24 PM

270 posts, read 478,386 times
My first link is jacked up. Sorry.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:33 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
All this stuff you posting is new to me. Good stuff.

With that said; ew, sushi.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCEagles01 View Post
Actually being an employee we will pick up more jobs at the airport. Houston is a Pilot and Flight attendant base, then you factor in the maintenance and techs. With the opening of the new runways,we've seen flights and destinations increase. On top of that,we'rre still taking deliveries of aircraft,thus you'll need additional manpower. Everything at the airport isn't just labor related jobs ( which pay pretty good ). We still have the flight simulators,complete with engineers out on JFK, plus your training,management, and admin jobs inside the airport. Actually expect this aiport to grow. If we do add a terminal as the constant,but subtle rumors are true,then expect more jobs out at the airport and in the area. The city of Houston and local compaanies drive the growth at aiport. IAH has the highest fares of any airport in the US. It's all driven by OIL and ENERGY. Which is why we have so many international carriers popping up. Dubai,we're starting Auckland ,New Zealand, and Lagos ,Nigeria is in the plans as well. So when they say we will add jobs,yeah,there will actually be growth. The local economy is what will drive it. Before the merger Houston had more flights per day operated by Co than UA had daily at Chicago,thus making Houston the largest hub in the new United System.

As far as the topic of the thread, SouthernBoy205 asked about projects in The Woodlands. I'll be honest,other than the occasional visit to the mall,or movies, I pretty much stay within the village I live in. As most here have it's own grocery store,resturaunts,etc

But here is a link for Creekside Park. It's the newest, and currently ongoing as far as development.

Some of Creekside is actually in Harris County I think, so some homes are in Tomball ISD or the city of Tomball. Yet it's part of The Woodlands development. Forgot how all that works.

Houston homes, Houston Open Houses, and New Houston Listings - HAR.com - HAR.com

The from the Woodlands website : The Woodlands - Texas' most celebrated master-planned community.

everything on that last link should take you to whatever you want to know about creekside.
Thanks!
Nice to know that you guys' airport is expanding.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
All this stuff you posting is new to me. Good stuff.

With that said; ew, sushi.
Thanks! Maybe, y'all will see Beyonce' at that new sushi spot since it will be a hotspot for celebs.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 PM

The weather isn't the only thing heating up in Houston: CityCentre keeps getting bigger and better - 2011-Mar-13 - CultureMap Houston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston