Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 09:35 PM

73 posts, read 83,476 times

Advertisements

The rumor mill cranks and turns and says that some stores that were kind-of committing to the project are backing out because others will not commit and the whole thing is turning into a folly. But that's a rumor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 10:29 PM

456 posts, read 602,265 times
was there a presentation on august 11th like there was supposed to be. I can't find anything on it. everyone seem to be dragging there feet on this and I would think if anything is going to be done something would be happening soon. the company in charge never updates there site and I wonder who is backing out and why. they can still pull this together and make it a nice addition to the area. I would think they would still update us good or bad. someone has to know something going on.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:43 AM

530 posts, read 589,318 times
The way in which the developers have managed this project is appalling. Couple that with our incompetent local media and less than anemic updates on the project, I think we are getting to a point where the public is starting to lose hope and, certainly interest, in the project. With each passing month of no major updates (and I mean DETAILED updates from the developer, and not just that a TIF district has been approved) and not the first sign of construction, not even on the road improvement portion, which mind you, we were told could proceed even though actual construction on the property could not, due to the endangered bat species, makes the project appear to be more and more of a folly, as previously referred to. And then...August 11th rolls around when we were supposed to have a COMPLETE UPDATE from the developer and as far as I can tell, there was NOTHING...at least nothing that was reported (which would not be surprising). It's these actions or inactions that severely erode interest and public confidence in the project. At this rate, who knows if the project will even come to fruition. Again, the developers have really botched this project and it would be no surprise that prospective businesses were pulling the plug and not wanting to be part of what has become nothing more than a debacle. The only thing I can think to do is send the developers a message through their website (link below) and try to pressure them to provide some answers. Maybe if enough people do so, they will give some information.

http://tanyardstation.com

Old 08-23-2016, 02:26 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,209 times
FYI, Sheetz was awarded their stormwater construction permit on 8/11 for their Tanyard Station location.

Old 08-23-2016, 03:00 PM

456 posts, read 602,265 times
Well at least you will have a Sheetz. its amazing to me that nothing has been announced. I have tried contacting developer and the newspaper with no response from either. I thought announcements were to happen on august 11th. without some dirt moving soon nothing will be in there till at least 2018. they could at least start the road work.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:51 PM

4,952 posts, read 8,947,670 times
Something is better than nothing and you've got to start somewhere. I heard that the hold up was over one bat FYI. Not an entire group, just one.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,209 times
One bat is enough. There won't be any tree clearing until November, when the bat migrates.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
Well at least you will have a Sheetz. its amazing to me that nothing has been announced. I have tried contacting developer and the newspaper with no response from either. I thought announcements were to happen on august 11th. without some dirt moving soon nothing will be in there till at least 2018. they could at least start the road work.
I too, have tried multiple times to contact the developer with no response. I have also contacted the HD and other local news media numerous times with very little success. It's just so frustrating because a project of this size and magnitude should be something that you would think our media would cover very closely because it's something exciting for the area. And yes, we all know the hold up was over at least one bat, but the Mayor clearly stated that the road upgrade portion of the project could proceed in the meantime and there have been absolutely no signs of that happening. Finally, regarding Sheetz, at least it is something at this point which is better than nothing. I've said before that a gas station at that exit actually makes great sense and will do a lot of business. As the calendar gets ready to turn to September we will see if we finally get an update. For the record, there have been ZERO reports on the project since early June.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:27 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,712 times
One thing to consider about the road construction/upgrade is that with all of the flooding damage from early this summer, there are a lot of roads and bridges that must be rebuilt across many counties. I have no proof but one may have to ask if that work has taken priority, both in terms of manpower and funding.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:17 AM

I had posted this communication earlier in this thread that I had w/ the WVDOH regarding the road upgrades. If I am reading this correctly, the DOH is not going to be doing any of the construction; they will only be approving/modifying the developer's plans to meet their specifications. They state that the schedule and construction will be established by the developer.

"Our Central Engineering Division has been working with the developer of the Tanyard Station Project to ensure proper traffic flow, reduce congestion and they provided the following information: “The modifications of the State Highway System associated with the development generally consist of addition of turn lanes along WV 193 and US 60, and signal installation/modification. We are finalizing with the developer the specific recommendations of the Developer’s Traffic Impact Study to verify that certain of the recommendations realistically can be implemented as proposed. The Developer will be responsible for submitting detailed construction plans for Division of Highways (DOH) review/approval pertaining to all work proposed along the State Highway System, and those plans would be submitted at whatever schedule the Developer desires to utilize. Once the DOH approves the plans (as they pertain to the DOH), the Developer then will be responsible for implementing those modifications at whatever construction schedule he desires to utilize. The DOH isn’t implementing the construction or administering the design of the construction and the schedules for plans and construction would be established by the Developer.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington