Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 12:35 PM

251 posts, read 260,516 times

Advertisements

It's insane how long its taking to just get one daggone tenant name for this place and The Crossing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 08:47 PM

37 posts, read 35,876 times
Construction bid accepted for planned retail site Tanyard Station | Recent News | herald-dispatch.com
I guess they will also be responsible for widening the roads there

Old 09-14-2017, 09:57 PM

530 posts, read 589,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddingdoc View Post
Yes, the contract is for all the site prep and road construction and construction of a few of the Phase 1 strip-style buildings as illustrated on the Tanyard Station website. However, most of the tenants will construct their own buildings (i.e. tenants like Sheetz will certainly bring in their own crews to do their construction). One minor thing that stood out to me was the large difference in the reported bid award amount; WSAZ reported $6.9 million and the H-D reported $9.45 million...our local media drives me crazy with these mistakes that should be easy to report, it's a hard number amount, you would think they could at least get that right, SMH.

On the bright side, it does seem more promising than ever that the project is actually ready to start.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:49 AM

So now that dirt is about to start moving what are your Top 10 hopes for Tanyard and The Crossing? Here are mine:

1. Trader Joe's
2. Bass Pro
3. VIP Cinema
4. Some sort of nice Ice Cream shop
5. Costco
6. Shake Shack
7. Zaxby's
8. Ethnic Restaurant...maybe Jamaican or Brazilian
9. Outlet Mall (Maybe at The Crossing)
10. Nicely landscaped and clean looking. Not just another strip mall.

See...I'm not asking for much, Right?

**Had to edit mine...added Costco** We REALLY need one of those in this area.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:58 AM

A bd's Mongolian Grill and an REI would be great too. Neither Field & Stream or Bass Pro really carry a lot of nice hiking gear. I feel like that kind of store would do pretty good in this area as people seem to be getting out and exploring WV a little more nowadays.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:57 PM

530 posts, read 589,823 times
Noticed some heavy equipment up at the Tanyard Station site yesterday. Could not see well from the road but did see the top of an excavator. Hopefully that's a good sign!!

Old 09-21-2017, 06:12 AM

583 posts, read 594,590 times
All of those and:

Alamo Drafthouse
Red Robin
Panda Express
Carrabas

And it's pitiful if they end up putting in more duplications of Yum Brands places that we don't need.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:33 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,228,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNada View Post
All of those and:

Alamo Drafthouse
Red Robin
Panda Express
Carrabas

And it's pitiful if they end up putting in more duplications of Yum Brands places that we don't need.
I'd bet Panda Express will build there, they built one in Martinsburg last year and they are currently finishing up the one in Morgantown right now.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNada View Post
All of those and:

Alamo Drafthouse
Red Robin
Panda Express
Carrabas

I've never heard of Alamo Drafthouse but I would be ok with the rest of those. Looks like Alamo is kinda what I meant when I put "VIP Cinema." Cinemark has a movie/meal type place. I think they should do something in conjunction with IMAX. We don't really need another basic theater like Cinemark or Marquee, just maybe an upscale place where you can have dinner and/or see a movie in an IMAX theater.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:26 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredAtWork304 View Post
I've never heard of Alamo Drafthouse but I would be ok with the rest of those. Looks like Alamo is kinda what I meant when I put "VIP Cinema." Cinemark has a movie/meal type place. I think they should do something in conjunction with IMAX. We don't really need another basic theater like Cinemark or Marquee, just maybe an upscale place where you can have dinner and/or see a movie in an IMAX theater.
Alamo Drafthouse would be fantastic. Think "AMC theater-meets gastro pub", quality food and drink along with a comfortable movie experience would attract a lot of younger people to the area. Also, i do hope we get a Panda Express, i try to eat there at least once anytime i'm out west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington