Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 7,542 times

Advertisements

Know of any subdivisions that have a pool (4+bedrm home), reasonable HOA dues, is located within 10-15 min of a Redstone gate (west or north of arsenal), and is in a non-cookie-cutter neighborhood? It may be asking a lot, but I'm hopeful...

I believe Edgewater off of Zierdt fits this description, but wondering if you know of any others in the area. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 03:29 PM

346 posts, read 852,400 times
Friend of mine lives in a neighborhood off Wall-Triana north of 565, but before you get to 72. The homes in her neighborhood are not cookie cutter, but they have a neighborhood pool. Not altogether sure if there are any for sale however. Area is called Ashley Green.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 7,542 times
Thanks! We'll be sure to check it out!

Old 10-21-2010, 08:19 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,277,585 times
Mountain Brook is a great neighborhood, just north of Edgewater. Homes range from the low $200k up to +$500k. Lots of custom builds.

Ashley Green would typically be deemed "cookie cutter"....majority was built by Adams Homes and Brian Homes (before he bankrupted). Still a very nice neighborhood, but definitely cookie cutter spec type homes. The homes that are in the Kensington section (Radisson Lane and part of Antique Rose) tend to have a little more diversity, but that is only two short streets. Those are the older ones built by Brian Homes). Optional HOA for pool and tennis.

Hunington Chase is also another one...established neighborhood at County Line/Mill Road, and they have a community pool and tennis courts that not many people know about.

Heritage Plantation is a fabulous neighborhood as well. May be a bit more "cookie cutter" than say Hunington Chase and Mountain Brook, but it is still very popular and has fantastic amenities. Homes have a good diversity because there was so many custom builds in there.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:29 AM

346 posts, read 852,400 times
I guess I deemed Ashley Green non-cookie cutter because I live in Shadow Springs, another Adams property and we are cookie cutter without a pool. I don't have much to go on. I'm still fairly new to town with only knowledge of real estate visiting my ladies group friends.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:39 AM

262 posts, read 794,692 times
Magnolia Springs is on Railroad Bed Road (what County Line turns into once you cross 72)...they have a fantastic pool and clubhouse.

Last edited by Huntsville82; 10-21-2010 at 10:58 AM..

Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,843,316 times
I think that unless you go into older neighborhoods most are going to be cookie-cutter. Basically all the homes look somewhat alike in newer neighborhoods. Nature of the beast, I guess. If you can find a neighborhood with many builders, then less so. Even then, it is basically all the same, particularly in most price ranges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area