Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 05:52 PM

11 posts, read 19,117 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

First, I do not live in Al. so I am in need of your assistance in identifying these buildings, the location, and or street name or anything else you can provide me of these places. Below will be a description of four places. Not sure what town they are in but either in Huntsville or surrounding areas I guess they could even be in Decatur or something like that. They may not be exactly correct but I think enough info will be provided that I am truly hoping someone will know of these places. Not sure if they are all apartments, some could have some townhomes in the complex or be all townhomes. I will go on and describe to you the main street first before I start describing the places. The street has a median that splits the street and has two lanes on each side of the median. In the median there are some trees. I also want to say there are signal lights as well which the median ends so you can turn but then median starts again.

Unsure of direction if going North, West etc. but if you are going down the road to the right there is first a complex that is gray wood or siding (shingle shake type siding I believe) with red/burgundy shutters and trim. The gray doesn't appear to be painted but has its color due to weathering like cedar does with age/weather or just came that way. I want to say roof is gray or maybe black. There is a building of apartments or townhomes with its back facing the main road. The back of this apartment has sliding glass doors and patio but are not covered nor enclosed. There seems to be a courtyard or some type of community area in the middle area. Then there are some trees (maybe pine or evergreen) to the left of complex if looking from main road and then a privacy fence (privacy fenced is aged) to the left of the trees, that separates what would be the next complex.

The next complex that is next to that one (the gray and red one) has a private driveway entrance that runs the full length of complex along side of that privacy fence that separates the two complexes. The first building in this complex is either white or Khaki/Tan siding with black shutters (leaning toward more tan then white). I want to say the doors on apartment are white with black numbers. It is kind of like a hotel look with the row of apartments with two floors. Top floor has black iron railing that runs across the front of top floor (two story) of apartments and the walkway is covered. The end of building has stairs with probably cinder block at the most outer edge that has been painted to match siding. This stairway is what I will call enclosed........the type you go up turn and then continue up. At the end of building/stairway is a dumpster, either green or blue. At the center of first apartment building there is also a stairway taking you up to top floor. This stairs is in center of unit and like the end ones you go up turn and continue to go up. It is also open on back side so you can look out and see the next building that is directly behind it but there is a room under the center stairway that is covered by same roof but extends out past the building. This room may be like a laundry room beneath the center stairway with a black iron door but not really sure what that room is. Regardless if the room is a laundry room or not the outer is painted center block like the end stairs. On bottom floor there is a sidewalk that runs next to doors of apartments (all doors facing out to parking lot) and then in front of sidewalk there is some shrubs and in front of them is concrete barriers. The parking lot in front of first apartment also may have shrub area in center of that parking lot. The outer part of that parking lot closest to the main road has crape myrtle trees or some other kind of trees and then another sidewalk that runs down along side of main road. I also want to say there is small building in the front parking lot could be mailboxes for apartments. I think the roof of this place is black. Not sure about the top floor but bottom apartments have sliding doors with patios/porch with no exit what I would call enclosed and is flush with the building. Behind this building (first row of apartments) is a building that faces away from first building. The third one faces second one with a parking lot between the two (2nd and 3rd). Also these apartments (2nd and 3rd) has more of a townhome feel because they each have I think upstairs in each apartment. They also each have a very little yard in the back of them with privacy fences for each one. Then I guess there is another building after 3rd one that faces the other way that looks like the 1st apartment building and has its own parking lot in front of it. Then there is some kind of field after that. The buildings are all parallel to each other. All these buildings in the complex appear to have same color siding and shutters. There may be more then these 4 at the other end but I am just unsure.

Across the main street from tan/khaki complex there is a complex that is a gated community with black iron gates. This seems to be a huge community. The gate has two sides I guess you would say one to enter and one to exit. There seems to be a small building a little bit further in like one a guard would stay in but not sure if it literally has a guard. At the ends of the gate on both sides is blonde brick columns with a black iron light on top. Like the old lantern types.........like the gas lamps back in the day that look like a flame inside. On the right columns it has a black plaque that has numbers on it in gold. On the exit columns on left side has the same black plaque with gold letters maybe name of community. The gold letters and numbers are raised on the plaques. There is also a black pole in the center that I guess can be manually lowered. There is also a black iron fence around the outside of complex and every so many feet has blonde brick columns but they do not have lights on them like the gate columns did. There is also some shrubs on outside of iron fence area but before the main street sidewalk. Inside of the gated community to the left of gates is trees. To the right of gate I think there are two buildings of either apartments or townhomes with the backs of buildings facing main road that are two story. These buildings have blonde brick (not painted) on bottom half and siding of some sorts on top half that is kind of a creamy yellowish/golden color. It has black shutters on back of buildings with white trim. It doesn't appear to have patios on backside or doors but just not sure if that is so.

Then next to blonde brick complex which would be to the left of it if looking directly in front of complex and also across from the gray and red is a place that is got that English Tudor/Alpine/Bavarian look to it. It has a horseshoe driveway in front of it with some shrubs in the center of horseshoe. The horseshoe driveway is one way. So there is an enter driveway and a exit driveway. There is a small area for parking in front of horseshoe driveway maybe about 12 cars or so. There is then some shrubs and then sidewalk to main road. To the front of this building there is a green awning material that extends far enough out over horseshoe driveway at the main door that a car can drive thru. It has numbers at the end of awning I believe. There is glass doors at front under awning and concrete entry way type area between door and driveway. The bottom half of building is dark wood. Then top half is maybe like antique white/off white plaster/stucco/concrete with dark beams inverted etc. which is typical look in English Tudor/Alpine/Bavarian buildings. In some areas of this building it is two story but where the roof peaks across the building appears to be 3 story or just has the look of 3. It has brown shutters. Not sure what this place is. If it is apartments/hotel/assisted living or what. If looking at the front of this building to the left of it there is a road not sure if this road is only for this place or not.

Also in this area on the main road it seems like there are homes maybe built around 1960 or so with rather nice size yards. I feel this is maybe in a older area of town. Guess all this needs to add up for it to be the right area or at least very close. I am truly trying to locate the apartment complex that is Tan/Khaki (possibly white). The name of this place and the street/address. If anyone knows of this place or places I would so much appreciate it. Even say you just know of the aIpine place but the other things don't add up please let me know anyway. I have done google earth so much to the point I almost feel like I know Huntsville and its surrounding towns. I also did the apartment searches on web. This is my last resort aside from just having to make trip there to see if I can find it. Again thank you for assisting me in this, what has been a big NO GO up to this point.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 07:24 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,452,726 times
Got pictures?

Old 01-25-2011, 07:26 PM

No I don't sorry. :-(

Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,431,475 times
Are these apartments high-end or low-rent? Maybe the police could recognize the description from their drug-bust raids (patrolling).

Is there a railroad running close-by? Is the street hilly/flat?

Where did you get your description, do you have more?

Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,431,475 times
Is it Royal Pines Apts., Tara Gardens Apts. Madison Gardens next to it, Steeplechase townhouses up the road, another complex across (behind West End on the map), and old '60 houses - all off 4+1 lane Old Madison Pike)?

Are there major roads (interstate, highway), shopping, churches, businesses nearby?

Google Maps

http://www.taragarden.com/gallery.html
http://www.apartments.com/summary.as...=Royal%20pines
http://www.apartments.com/summary.as...0.42&srt3=0.72

Last edited by friday13; 01-25-2011 at 11:40 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 PM

Was not told of a railroad being near by. I was told the road was flat. Was told that the privacy fence between the two complexes was on a small mound/hill that appeared to be man made. I will look at my notes and see if there is anything else. I looked at the links you sent and they didn't look like any of the places, at least not on the description I was given. This info came from a relative but she has recently died so I can't go back and ask for more. I do appreciate the time you have spent and your help. Thanks a lot. I have to travel tomorrow but as soon as I can I will get back to you if I find anything else in my notes. I can't totally rule out what you sent because there were other apartments in the area but was unable to look because I didn't see an image for them on google earth. Again thanks so much for you trying to help me.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:27 PM

Oh I forgot, the blonde brick complex would be high-end. The gray and red/burgundy would be middle. The Tan/Khaki would be low I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area