Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 15,924 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Huntsville, AL from Louisiana for my husband's job. We have one 2 year old child. We will probably be there for 3-5 years; so we would prefer an area with good public schools and an area with good resale possibilities. Also I would prefer to only have to redo paint and carpet if need be...nothing too old that requires a lot of updating. At the same time I don't want to be in a brand new subdivision with no trees and small lots. Any suggestions or advice would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 12:53 AM

482 posts, read 991,463 times
Really depends on your price range. There are a lot of great schools in our area and there are many great resources, like GreatSchools, to find out more about them.

There are plenty of places that will probably fit what you're looking for, we just need a little more direction as far as price goes and what area (within X minutes of so and so) you'd like to keep it in.

There are a lot of helpful people on this board that will be more than happy to share their opinion.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:10 PM

31 posts, read 90,423 times
There are tons of homes that could fit your needs. However, not knowing your price range we would not be able to direct you. You can see all homes offered by all realtors at www.valleymls.com . That site is updated instantly when we enter a new home or take one off the market. It has a list of all of the realtors in the area, so you can find one you are comfortable with.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 15,451 times
It's been a while since your question was posted, but if you're still wondering, I've always thought that South Huntsville, off Bailey Cove in the Jones Valley area is the best. Five points is nice, but unless you're not careful you'll wind up in a school district that you don't want to be in. Madison and the Harvest/Monrovia area are okay, but personally, I don't think the roads have caught up with all of the traffic. For the money, South Huntsville in the Grissom High School area is probably one of the most stable. You could also check the Blossomwood area off California Street. That is also a very sought after area.

Best of luck to you!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:46 PM

934 posts, read 1,939,316 times
I just moved from the Jones Valley area after 12 great years there, and I can attest that it's a nice place to live. My daughter graduated from Grissom and I was very pleased with her curriculum and studies..its a fine school. When I moved there in '99 I looked for an established neighborhood and ended up in Willowbrook subdivision, and I couldnt have been more pleased with the area and my neighbors.

Best of luck in your search!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 AM

404 posts, read 778,129 times
I second the last 2 and have a similar story. Just moved from SE Huntsville off Baily cove to another state. Mountain gap elementary is a good one. daughter when through the whole school system graduating from Grissom and I was very pleased. with competition is fierce in home sales, I had potential buyers look at my house who didn't want it cause it wasn't the neutral color they wanted, meaning it was a different neutral color. My point is most houses are updated these days to be competitive. We can thank HGTV for that one!

Old 07-29-2011, 03:20 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,881,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrixwolfe View Post
...I had potential buyers look at my house who didn't want it cause it wasn't the neutral color they wanted, meaning it was a different neutral color...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area