Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 01:54 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,741,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartbra View Post
My wife and I refinanced in January; we used Brian Hamaker. The process went fairly smoothly and we never had to leave our house! Brian and another lady (an underwriter maybe?) came to us...

Conrad Thompson (of 1st Family Mortgage) seems like an all right guy based on his radio interviews/advertisements. However, I associate 1st Family as servicing those with poor credit. That could be completely untrue though.
We also used Brian and his team.

We were very pleased. He came to our house and when we signed at closing someone came to use too. We didn't have to go anywhere. They are the best. Send me message if you want his contact info. The rate is low also

Old 08-16-2012, 01:58 PM

Also I had no out of pocket fees with Brian. Sure there were some feed but those were at closing but added to mortgage. We paid nothing out of pocket, even the appraisal

Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM

45 posts, read 170,527 times
We used Tracy Flesch at 1st Family Mortgage, could not have been happier with him. He saved us quite a bit of money. We had origiaonlly started off with Worthington Federal and they simply were not responsive to questions and just gave me the feeling that they didnt really need my business...so I took it elsewhere.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:47 AM

4,885 posts, read 7,285,522 times
Thanks for all resonses!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,127 times
Here at 1st Family Mortgage we pride ourselves on Customer Service. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you in person about your experience. You can contact me anytime at 256-382-7670 or email me at [email]susie.brock@1fmc.com[/email]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Susie Brock
Director of Marketing/CRM Administrator
1st Family Mortgage Company

Old 02-05-2013, 02:32 PM

468 posts, read 906,961 times
Talking Supreme Lending

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
First Family drags their feet. Their loan advisor that was working with us quit right in the middle of a two month long ordeal just to get pre-approved. NOBODY CALLED TO TELL ME! I HAD TO FIND OUT THROUGH MY REALTOR WHEN SHE CALLED TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON! Then nobody knew that we were already pre-apporved. They wanted us to do all this settle and delete junk. Went with someone else and got a solid pre-approval in one day! If you want to let houses slip away from you use them. We went with Supreme Lending and has been nothing but smooth sailing. Also you might want to check with the listing agent to be sure the lender is approved with them. Sometimes they will not even bother with you if you are with approved lenders.
I had an excellent experience with Supreme Lending. Sharon Andrews and her team got us preapproved - all the way --- her rates and closing costs were second to none. I shopped coast to coast ---- and the level of professionalism and ease of transaction was just superb. Everything was paperless ... using digital signatures - except at closing (closing attorney's office). The mortgage assistant kept me abreast of everything during construction - and even tracked me down during the closing process.

Previously, I had talked to one other local lender - smug and unethical. He pulled my customer info from another lender when he bolted and formed his own. He even made me call his office to make it appear that I went to him ---

Anyway, I don't work for Supreme. Look at all my previous posts.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:47 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,263,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatSnake View Post
I had an excellent experience with Supreme Lending. Sharon Andrews and her team got us preapproved - all the way --- her rates and closing costs were second to none. I shopped coast to coast ---- and the level of professionalism and ease of transaction was just superb. Everything was paperless ... using digital signatures - except at closing (closing attorney's office). The mortgage assistant kept me abreast of everything during construction - and even tracked me down during the closing process.

Previously, I had talked to one other local lender - smug and unethical. He pulled my customer info from another lender when he bolted and formed his own. He even made me call his office to make it appear that I went to him ---

Anyway, I don't work for Supreme. Look at all my previous posts.
I just can't say enough about how wonderful Sharon Andrews is.....amazing lender, and she has a great attention to detail. I have used her for years and I have NEVER had any issue arise.

Sharon has done my personal loans and she just refinanced my mom's home in Bham for her. I HIGHLY recommend her!!!!

FYI....for the few comments about being "guaranteed" on getting appraisal money back if deal doesn't work.....that is pretty unethical to state that. The appraisal (and this is true with every lender) is done by a third party, and that is why lenders collect the appraisal fees before they order. Once that appraisal is done, it has to be paid for.....and YOU are the one who pays for it. I have heard about this going on (especially with refinancing) and it really is very misleading.
So just remember that when you pick someone to handle the monetary portion of probably the largest investment you have.....chose someone not because they are a "cheap" lender, because you often get what you pay for with them.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
.....chose someone not because they are a "cheap" lender, because you often get what you pay for with them.
Very good point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (please forgive typos)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area