Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:40 AM

14 posts, read 13,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegaeBusRider View Post
I went to Bdubs JV last night and got the largest wing I have ever seen. It was a large drum with a huge mushroom chunk of meat on top. Have to admit, I am growing fond of the Jones Valley location.
I had the chance recently to eat at both BWW and Baumhowers. I must say it was a close match up and both my battle buddy and myself were torn on the deciding who we liked the best....

Beer:
BWW 4.50 for a 20oz tall Miller Lite too damned expensinve...especially when the bar and eating areas are not busy. Get a damn happy hour going!!
BH: .99 for 10 oz(happy hour)
- Winner BH

Wings:
BWW - .60 wings on Tues freakin HUGE and not over or under cooked.
BH: Claimed to have biggest wings in town. Drums ok; flats tiny. Cooked well.
- Winner BWW

Sauce:
BWW Lots of good sauces, easy choices. Thick and never afraid to make them WET when asked.
BH: Good quality sauce. Not as hot as BWW Blazin. Too many combinations of sauces/heats for my simple mind. Matter of fact, the menu is almost as much reading material as A Song of Ice and Fire.
- Winner BWW

Service:
BWW Hit or miss on a good friendly waitress. Typical chain mentality. A good one found is great but not and often thing.
BH Fun and entertaining AFTER the Iron Bowl. Good trash talking but friendly.
- Winner BH

It is honestly a toss up for these two establishments.

I will probably bounce between the two just to mix things up a bit but they both are the best I have had in the Huntsville area. Maybe drink at BH on Tuesdays and then go to BWW for the .60 wings.

Regards
Hufbuffer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 09:15 AM

85 posts, read 98,405 times
Exceptional review huffbuffer!! Do you write for any food publications?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:27 PM

157 posts, read 195,276 times
Nice review. I will be trying out baumhowers this week.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 PM

11 posts, read 13,080 times
I absolutely LOVE the Buffalo Wild Wings here in Charlotte next to the convention center. Amazing staff and good food. I plan to check out this "Baumhowers" you spoke up Hufbuffer when I land in the area. I am not sure any other Buffalos would ever have a chance against the one I frequent

Old 12-10-2013, 02:34 PM

157 posts, read 195,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins Fan View Post
I absolutely LOVE the Buffalo Wild Wings here in Charlotte next to the convention center. Amazing staff and good food. I plan to check out this "Baumhowers" you spoke up Hufbuffer when I land in the area. I am not sure any other Buffalos would ever have a chance against the one I frequent
I was just there last night. Great wings! But wasn't easy being a bama fan with an auburn waitress. Definitely worth a visit or 10.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:57 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
I like Brickhouse in Providence. Not really wings, but Below the Radar is also a good place.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:28 PM

60 posts, read 73,359 times
I always forget about Providence establishments and I work so close. Will have to give it a try.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:35 PM

626 posts, read 754,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Knucleheads is closed.

The management was not stellar.

I mean how hard is it to sell the hooters model to people???
Knuckleheads has never closed. Where did you get that info from?

Old 06-13-2014, 12:46 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Bowman View Post
Knuckleheads has never closed. Where did you get that info from?
What is the purpose of these misinformation posts? Go to the establishment and report back to us .

Old 06-13-2014, 12:50 PM

626 posts, read 754,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
What is the purpose of these misinformation posts? Go to the establishment and report back to us .
Wow. My mistake. A friend was telling about that place just last week. I guess his lapse in time was much greater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area