Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 09:10 AM

14 posts, read 17,646 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions on good entry level builders in the Huntsville area? Preferably the Monrovia/Harvest/Toney area. Adams looks like they have a decent product and I don't know much about Saavy, Valor, or Generation. Not sure if they are reputable or not. I like Woodlands but they don't offer much in the entry price range. Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 11:09 AM

2,454 posts, read 3,217,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelocatingHSV View Post
Any suggestions on good entry level builders in the Huntsville area? Preferably the Monrovia/Harvest/Toney area. Adams looks like they have a decent product and I don't know much about Saavy, Valor, or Generation. Not sure if they are reputable or not. I like Woodlands but they don't offer much in the entry price range. Thanks for any input!
I'm happy with my Adams home.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:46 AM

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2014, 01:50 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,841,577 times
For entry level I would also say Adams.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:27 PM

468 posts, read 907,695 times
Default Valor

I am very happy with Valor. Been living in my home for 13 months now.

I got the style and craftsmanship of higher end builders but the space and price of entry level builders.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the input!

Old 01-07-2014, 12:17 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,208,818 times
We have been very happy with our Stoneridge-built home. There were a few minor snags during the building process, but in the end we are pleased with the product. Independent inspections throughout the build process all came back without major issues and they were very flexible in letting us bring some of our own fixtures, modifying the floorplan and adding features. It appears they are building some smaller sized homes now all across the area, which may fit within your budget.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:34 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,268,242 times
Depends on what you consider "entry level"....I have first time homebuyers in the mid $100's and some that start in the $200's....and the recommendations would be very different.

In the $100k range I like Breland. I'm still not so sure about Adams....they are a completely different company than what was here before. They lost most of their best people to Breland. But Adams has been around a long time and has a good reputation.

In the $200's I still like Breland and also throw in Stoneridge and Pearson. Also been impressed so far with what I have seen from Savvy.

I'm not ready to rave on or even recommend Valor at this point, for various reasons.

If you like Woodland you could look at some resale neighborhoods out in the county.....he's built the same plans for years and years and has some neighborhoods out there where homes resale in the $200's (again....not knowing your target range).

Old 01-12-2014, 06:37 PM

493 posts, read 713,613 times
Default Breland Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Depends on what you consider "entry level"....I have first time homebuyers in the mid $100's and some that start in the $200's....and the recommendations would be very different.

In the $100k range I like Breland. I'm still not so sure about Adams....they are a completely different company than what was here before. They lost most of their best people to Breland. But Adams has been around a long time and has a good reputation.

In the $200's I still like Breland and also throw in Stoneridge and Pearson. Also been impressed so far with what I have seen from Savvy.

I'm not ready to rave on or even recommend Valor at this point, for various reasons.

If you like Woodland you could look at some resale neighborhoods out in the county.....he's built the same plans for years and years and has some neighborhoods out there where homes resale in the $200's (again....not knowing your target range).
I have looked at a lot of homes in many different price ranges and I agree that Breland Homes is a wonderful builder for homes in the 100K price range and they go up to the 300K range in some neighborhoods. Some of their less expensive plans are similar to Adams Homes but I really prefer Breland over Adams. Breland Homes also has several different "series" such as the "Heritage Series", "Elite Series", and "Signature Series" with prices in that order, I think. (not sure you can get into any of those series in the 100's though) But I still love what they do with their homes in the 100K range, some of the Adams Homes I have seen do not come standard with rain gutters on the house and I think Breland Homes all come standard with rain gutters now (All homes in all prices ranges should have gutters to protect the homes foundation in my opinion even if it's on a slab) I have also seen some Breland Homes in the 100K range that have in-ground storm shelters, hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances and security systems as a standard feature for as low as $128,900! What other builder does all that for that price? They truly seem to have great quality to me. I think you can also add crown molding to any of the rooms in any of their homes for just $200.00 per room-you would hardly be able to buy the crown molding and do it yourself for that price.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,966,698 times
How is Breland after DR Horton bought them? Are they still maintaining the level of quality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area