Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 01:11 PM

32 posts, read 66,768 times

Advertisements

I am considering making the switch back to satellite. I had Dish many years ago and never had any major problems with them. It seems most are going to Direct now. Is one just as good as the other or is Direct better then Dish? My current cable provider is just not cutting it any more. Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 01:12 PM

626 posts, read 755,217 times
Only if you are a big NFL fan and want Sunday Ticket. Other than that, they are pretty comparable.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:17 PM

I do not watch Basketball, Pro football or baseball. I only watch College Football.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:34 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,603 times
DO you like sports if so then directv is for you since they have the big sporting packages and dish does not!! both are a crapshoot with customer service weather you get someone in America or in a third world country!! do you want to own your own system or go contract and get all of the goodies freebies and stuff. if you want to own your own system then I would go with dish since they have the flex pay program wich is prepay and buy your own system upfront but then why buy something that would be outdated in 2 years. directv will NOT setup new accounts for stationary service with owned equipment. both require a contract to get all of the freebies and good stuff wich is understandable. i'm just not into contracts because then if the marriage between you and the company goes bad and you want to run like hell you'll be paying to get out of it. sorry I don't sighn contracts id'e rather pay for my stuff upfront then later on I can sell it off if need be.

Moderator cut: consumer complaint

Last edited by Keeper; 08-14-2014 at 01:47 PM..

Old 08-14-2014, 05:11 PM

I would avoid direct at all cost. there customer service sucks. and now that att has bought them out watch em raise there rates!! directv will NOT open up new accounts for people buying there own boxes for there homes that are stationary. of course I had to ask why they didn't and the rep was all dumfounded wich was very entertaining to see a multi million dollar company run by complete idiots!! id'e go with dish if your not a big sports fan they will give you your options

Old 08-14-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
I would avoid direct at all cost. there customer service sucks. and now that att has bought them out watch em raise there rates!! directv will NOT open up new accounts for people buying there own boxes for there homes that are stationary. of course I had to ask why they didn't and the rep was all dumfounded wich was very entertaining to see a multi million dollar company run by complete idiots!! id'e go with dish if your not a big sports fan they will give you your options
AT&T buying Direct is a big factor for me. I do not use that company.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:43 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,991 times
I guess I'm the other side of having Directv, never had issues, always good customer service and since we watch NFL and now the SEC channel, it'll always be Directv for us

Old 08-14-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Forgot View Post
AT&T buying Direct is a big factor for me. I do not use that company.
AT&T buys DirecTV for $48.5 billion

Old 08-14-2014, 08:20 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,036,806 times
One of them has Tivo.

If you've never used a Tivo instead of the lame DVRs that come from your provider, they're nice. I almost regret getting rid of ours.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:55 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
I've had Dish Network since 2002. No complaints here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area