Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:57 PM

567 posts, read 1,744,363 times

Advertisements

Had Little Tony's again Friday night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,219 times
Had Tony's Little Italy for the first time. I really liked it, it is good NYC style pizza. I'm looking forward to them opening the one on Whitesburg.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:20 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,254 times
Where is Tony's again? Looks like we will be relocating to the Madison/Athens area.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:41 AM

^^^Village of Providence off of US72 in West Huntsville.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:57 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,254 times
Perfect, right side of town

Old 01-21-2008, 10:11 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,533 times
I am from the Chicago area and there is nothing better than a pizza from Gino's East in Chicago. But, the best pizza I have had down here is from Terry's at Star Market. I will have to try a few of the other suggestions. Tony's is ok.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
I am from the Chicago area and there is nothing better than a pizza from Gino's East in Chicago. But, the best pizza I have had down here is from Terry's at Star Market. I will have to try a few of the other suggestions. Tony's is ok.
I like Tony's and Terry's equaliy, but they are different. I came fron South Side of Chicago and Arillios and Alfs pub was the best in our hood. Anellos also was good. The only thing I miss about Chicago is pizza and italian roast beef sandwiches. We had Jerry's Bama Beef here for a while and it was awsome.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM

Default Big Ed's....Two Thumbs Down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
Big Ed's is on the Parkway, just south of Home Depot/Costco. I tried it and was really hoping to like it, but I swear it tasted like DiGiorno frozen pizza. They also committed one of the cardinal pizza sins, they used canned mushrooms on the pizza. Nothing screams low quality ingriedients like canned mushrooms IMO.

Sarges Dad: I never tried Terry's while it was around. I have only had the one's you take home and cook from Star. They are OK. I'm looking forward to trying it fresh from their oven once they have the oven up and running at the Five Points Star Market, maybe it will be better.

I'm also a NY style pizza fan myself. Chicago style is ok on occasion, but it is a bit much to eat regularly.
I tried Big Ed's for lunch today. W H A T A L E T D O W N. The sauce had no flavor. I had to put crushed red peppers to get a decent taste out of it.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
I tried Big Ed's for lunch today. W H A T A L E T D O W N. The sauce had no flavor. I had to put crushed red peppers to get a decent taste out of it.
I was seriously disappointed in it as well. It has such a down home, local pizzeria feel to it. I might go back and try a meatball sub or something.

Try Sam and Greg's on Northside Square downtown. They just opened about a month ago. Awesome pizza. Different than Tony's but every bit as good IMO. They also have homemade gelato that is really good too and numerous flavors. The owners are very nice as well and they did a really good job decorating the space. I hope it does well because it is a great local eatery. They serve beer, wine and coffee (latte, espresso, cappuccino...) as well.

Last edited by rnc76; 01-31-2008 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 01-31-2008, 08:49 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
I like Tony's and Terry's equaliy, but they are different. I came fron South Side of Chicago and Arillios and Alfs pub was the best in our hood. Anellos also was good. The only thing I miss about Chicago is pizza and italian roast beef sandwiches. We had Jerry's Bama Beef here for a while and it was awsome.
Yes, I really miss italian beefs. Can't go wrong with a breaded steak sandwich from Freddy's in Bridgeport or a burrito from El farrel on South Archer. The food and sports and well downtown is what I miss. The cost of living, great place to raise a family, and the blustery 50 degree day in January is what brought me down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area