Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2023, 06:31 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,851,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Well Huntsville will has basically the same ordinance
https://whnt.com/news/huntsville/hun...ordinance/amp/
With all the things going on in this world that we need police handling and the police departments being understaffed; this is what the city councils are focusing on? This is a great idea. Tell them to pull people over because they think they saw them holding a cell phone. That will lead to many confrontational interactions with the public and some fine videos recorded by those cell phones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2023, 06:48 AM

13,061 posts, read 9,585,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
With all the things going on in this world that we need police handling and the police departments being understaffed; this is what the city councils are focusing on? This is a great idea. Tell them to pull people over because they think they saw them holding a cell phone. That will lead to many confrontational interactions with the public and some fine videos recorded by those cell phones.
Texting on a phone while driving is equivalent to, maybe even worse, than drunk driving. Talking on a hand-held isn't much better. Virtually all cars nowadays have bluetooth connections for phones. Use that capability.

Old 09-14-2023, 08:41 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,851,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Texting on a phone while driving is equivalent to, maybe even worse, than drunk driving. Talking on a hand-held isn't much better. Virtually all cars nowadays have bluetooth connections for phones. Use that capability.
I agree with the texting. That is incredibly dangerous and I knew someone who was killed in a crash due to them texting while driving.

Holding a phone to your ear I do not agree. I have absolutely no problem holding a phone to my ear while driving. If I don't have the phone in my hand, I either have my drink in it, a pen or my arm just laying on the armrest. I have been holding phones to my ear while driving for over 30 years now and it has not been a problem. My hearing isn't the greatest so it is hard for me to hear well over the bluetooth and in addition, I am talking about business that I may not want the passengers to hear the other side. In addition, I despise riding in someone else's care and having to listen to them talk to someone else on the phone on bluetooth over the car speakers.......super annoying.

I have several vehicles that are for pleasure driving that certainly do not have bluetooth since it was not a thing when they were made. lol The handsfree on the phone itself I have tried and it is not very easy or pleasurable to try to understand what people are saying, especially when you are in a high performance car with all the sounds associated with them.

Basically, I just hate everything about handsfree phone calls.

It is sort of humorous that they are pushing these ordinances and I am seeing police officers riding around in their patrol cars with phones held to their ears both yesterday and this morning.

Old 09-14-2023, 01:35 PM

I noticed a little activity at the vacant lot at Constellation, between Clinton and the new apartments. Is something about to be built there, or are they just using it for storage? BTW - still no visible activity at the Front Door (or whatever it's called) on the old Coca Cola site.

Old 09-14-2023, 01:43 PM

3,000 posts, read 3,598,349 times
Quote:
I noticed a little activity at the vacant lot at Constellation, between Clinton and the new apartments. Is something about to be built there, or are they just using it for storage? BTW - still no visible activity at the Front Door (or whatever it's called) on the old Coca Cola site.
Starbucks, which will just be a few blocks from the other one in the new Autograph Hotel under construction.
Hard to believe so many people buy so much expensive coffee.

Old 09-14-2023, 02:44 PM

705 posts, read 941,463 times
Quote:
Starbucks, which will just be a few blocks from the other one in the new Autograph Hotel under construction.
Must be, because there are 6 Starbucks from MidCity to Clift Farms along US-72 if you count the ones in the Target and Kroger stores.

Old 09-14-2023, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Ah. Big lot for a relatively small building. I'm afraid I'm guilty of frequenting Starbucks. That'll be a good, easy to access location.

Old 09-14-2023, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8tiger View Post
Must be, because there are 6 Starbucks from MidCity to Clift Farms along US-72 if you count the ones in the Target and Kroger stores.
New one that opened two or three months ago in Town Madison on Zierdt Rd as well.

Isn't the one at MidCity supposed to be the largest in Alabama and one of the largest in the country?

Old 09-14-2023, 06:31 PM

656 posts, read 594,818 times
Quote:
Starbucks and lottery tickets were designed to easily identify stupid people.

Old 09-14-2023, 06:44 PM

3,000 posts, read 3,598,349 times
Quote:
New one that opened two or three months ago in Town Madison on Zierdt Rd as well.

Isn't the one at MidCity supposed to be the largest in Alabama and one of the largest in the country?
The one at the Autograph hotel supposedly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area