Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2023, 02:21 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,501,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Resolute Way interchange is now scheduled for 2026

https://www.theredstonerocket.com/mi...56dd4d9ff.html
Seems to me that removing the existing interchange at Research Park Blvd and replacing it with a proper high volume interchange would be the best way to go. The Resolute Way project just looks like a huge kluge to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2023, 02:31 PM

375 posts, read 514,214 times
What a clusterfrick that Resolute Way interchange design is. Goodness gracious have they created a mess from the traffic circle design that previously existed. Why not just bite the bullet now and redo the whole Research Park/I-565 interchange with some additional flyover ramps and larger exit ramps. Seems like they could also clean things up quite a bit by moving the Research Park exit ramp to the west of the Madison Blvd dumpout onto I-565 and then provide a way for Madison Blvd traffic desiring to go north or south on Research Park Blvd to access that extended ramp.

Old 08-09-2023, 02:55 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,583,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Seems to me that removing the existing interchange at Research Park Blvd and replacing it with a proper high volume interchange would be the best way to go. The Resolute Way project just looks like a huge kluge to me.
I also question dumping the huge volume of traffic into the Redstone Gateway. It will however split most eastbound traffic to Redstone out of the Research Park exit. And adding more traffic lights seems to be a step backwards.

Old 08-10-2023, 02:00 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,593,158 times
Quote:
I am well aware of Mill Creek because I drive by it all the time. I am talking about Mason Court aka Sparkman Homes which was located on Holmes Ave. east of Triana Blvd.

Below I have indicated where Mason Court (yellow) was in relation to Mill Creek (red).

The Sign for Sparkman Homes was still there after the housing project was leveled.

Old 08-10-2023, 04:09 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
I also question dumping the huge volume of traffic into the Redstone Gateway. It will however split most eastbound traffic to Redstone out of the Research Park exit. And adding more traffic lights seems to be a step backwards.
And delaying that project to not even start until 2926 yet the article refers to urgency multiple times to relieve congestion.

Assuming it’s done in 2027, that’s a long time from now before any “relief” is actually provided.

Old 08-10-2023, 10:05 AM

11 posts, read 8,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
And delaying that project to not even start until 2926 yet the article refers to urgency multiple times to relieve congestion.

Assuming it’s done in 2027, that’s a long time from now before any “relief” is actually provided.
It’s a federal highway project, goes through ALDOT

Old 08-10-2023, 02:17 PM

Interesting petition for annexation into the City of Huntsville on the Council Agenda tonight.
695 acres in Limestone County west and along I-65, east of US 31 and north of Martin Line Rd, known as the Sanderson Farms Property. Mostly farmland and a small wooded area, what makes it interesting is I believe a couple years ago was the property targeted for the North Alabama Zoo but the contract expired before purchased. Now the owners requesting annexation into the city. A good bit of land south of the I-65/Huntsville Browns Ferry interchange (north side of the interchange is Buc-ee's) is now in the city limits.
I would say we will see something come to this property sooner than later.

Old 08-10-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVTiger2015 View Post
It’s a federal highway project, goes through ALDOT
True, it's federal through ALDOT (who is known for not being all that fast on north Alabama projects). In this case though, delay might be good.

They need to rethink the whole thing and build a proper interchange at Rideout-Research Park/565. 2022 daily traffic counts on 565 are 118,328 and 69,375 on Research Park (while 255 was still under construction, and traffic was still lower because of Covid).

No idea what traffic counts are needed to qualify for a proper interchange with flyovers and traffic not entering and exiting on the same ramp, but you have to build for the future a little, like they did with 20/59/65 in Birmingham a couple of years ago. I suspect it qualifies now, and the Resolute Way project is just going to make the entire area a total mess and unfixable.

Read this article from 12 years ago. The consultant recommends a new (or heavily modified) interchange: https://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/06...106_milli.html

Old 08-10-2023, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Interesting petition for annexation into the City of Huntsville on the Council Agenda tonight.
695 acres in Limestone County west and along I-65, east of US 31 and north of Martin Line Rd, known as the Sanderson Farms Property. Mostly farmland and a small wooded area, what makes it interesting is I believe a couple years ago was the property targeted for the North Alabama Zoo but the contract expired before purchased. Now the owners requesting annexation into the city. A good bit of land south of the I-65/Huntsville Browns Ferry interchange (north side of the interchange is Buc-ee's) is now in the city limits.
I would say we will see something come to this property sooner than later.
So is the zoo, at least in that location, dead on the vine? It would be a nice place for those traveling through on 65 but would require a little effort for Huntsvillians; great for the "real" metro though.

Old 08-10-2023, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
So is the zoo, at least in that location, dead on the vine? It would be a nice place for those traveling through on 65 but would require a little effort for Huntsvillians; great for the "real" metro though.
from all indications that location is not gonna be the zoo...unless investors like it being in the city limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area