Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 05:58 AM

410 posts, read 696,076 times

Advertisements

Opening today on Balch in the strip just to the west of the Madison Hospital.

https://www.facebook.com/rocketcitycraftbeer/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 08:58 AM

582 posts, read 826,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
Opening today on Balch in the strip just to the west of the Madison Hospital.

https://www.facebook.com/rocketcitycraftbeer/
God help me if somebody opens one of those in Taft or Blanche! I'd gain weight like a MoFo!

Old 03-26-2018, 12:54 PM

609 posts, read 529,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
So I was driving to work on US 72 this morning through Madison, and noticed the parking lot of the Chicken Salad Chick was full, and folks appeared to be camped out there.

Today is the grand opening, and there were some free items for the first customers today, and also some items for the first customers through Saturday I think.

Free giveaways planned as Chicken Salad Chick opens Madison location
Looks like they didn't plan for enough parking. The Teriyaki Madness hasn't even opened yet and people are parking on the side street at lunch.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:31 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston3124 View Post
Looks like they didn't plan for enough parking. The Teriyaki Madness hasn't even opened yet and people are parking on the side street at lunch.
It's amazing what people will do to get just a little bit of something "free" or to be one of the first to visit a new place.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:38 AM

2,996 posts, read 3,579,157 times
Downtown street (Holmes) changing to two way, from the city blog;
It is a three-block stretch of Holmes, between Jefferson and Lincoln, that is being transformed. Otherwise, Holmes has long been a two-way street.
Two of the blocks will have two lanes. The block between Greene and Lincoln will be three lanes, including a turn lane.
City Council has approved construction of a parking structure at the Holmes and Greene corner.
The one-way “slip lane” into which drivers could turn left off Lincoln and onto Holmes has been closed.
The angle parking spaces on the south side of Holmes between Lincoln and Greene are being re-angled to facilitate parking for drivers coming from the west.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:40 PM

46 posts, read 56,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Downtown street (Holmes) changing to two way, from the city blog;
It is a three-block stretch of Holmes, between Jefferson and Lincoln, that is being transformed. Otherwise, Holmes has long been a two-way street.
Two of the blocks will have two lanes. The block between Greene and Lincoln will be three lanes, including a turn lane.
City Council has approved construction of a parking structure at the Holmes and Greene corner.
The one-way “slip lane” into which drivers could turn left off Lincoln and onto Holmes has been closed.
The angle parking spaces on the south side of Holmes between Lincoln and Greene are being re-angled to facilitate parking for drivers coming from the west.
The parking lot east of the Times building is going to be a parking garage? What ever happened to the development north of the Times building across Holmes?

Old 03-27-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts256 View Post
The parking lot east of the Times building is going to be a parking garage? What ever happened to the development north of the Times building across Holmes?
Seems it is still in the development stage. The parking garage will solve any parking problems and it will have retail space on the ground floor.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:59 PM

46 posts, read 56,630 times
Oh I see, Clinton Row Garage Part deux. Cool...

Old 03-27-2018, 09:31 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Seems like half the buildings in the downtown area are parking garages these days.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:41 AM

Too bad the state refuses to address this issue, aldot could do it if it weren't for petty egos and politics
The City of Huntsville is paying for expanding and building Greenbrier Parkway as well as highway 20 improvements. Toyota should tell the Governor we want the interstate improved and it would get done.
Has the state been in contact with the Federal Highway Dept?
https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/resources/topics/funding.cfm

From WAAY TV:
Experts estimate there could be as many as 10,000-15,000 more driver traveling this corridor between Madison and the I-65 connector near Decatur once the Mazda-Toyota plant is fully operational.
“There’s going to be additional traffic onto an interstate that’s almost at capacity at this point,” said Tom Hill, President and CEO of Limestone County Economic Development.
Mo Brooks would like to see the interstate widen from 4-lanes to 6-lanes and have the project move up on the Alabama Department of Transportation’s priority list. There's just one thing holding the project back...FUNDING. ( I don't believe that, it's where the money is allocated and diverted)
A project of this magnitude would cost millions of dollars in federal and state funding and several years to complete.
“I’ve personally met with the governor and Department of Transportation head, John cooper, and others regarding I565 for the last couple years. But, this certainly has this even higher on their radar,” said State Senator Arthur Orr, District 3.
WAAY 31 combed through the “Alabama 2040 Statewide Transportation Plan” from last year and based on the 80 page document the widening of I-565 was not listed as one of the top 17 key capacity improvement projects scheduled prior to 2040
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area