Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 06:34 PM

34 posts, read 42,837 times

Advertisements

Any idea on if they are still installing a traffic signal at County Line Road and Hardiman Road? Any idea on when it would be installed if they are still planning on installing a traffic signal? It is sorta difficult to turn to the left from Hardiman Road in the mornings to go north on CLR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsvillemadisonresident View Post
Any idea on if they are still installing a traffic signal at County Line Road and Hardiman Road? Any idea on when it would be installed if they are still planning on installing a traffic signal? It is sorta difficult to turn to the left from Hardiman Road in the mornings to go north on CLR.
Why not cut behind the shopping center and utilize the light? It pisses me off when people turn left there and don't move towards the center of the road, meaning they block everyone else turning right.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:55 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,216,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Why not cut behind the shopping center and utilize the light? It pisses me off when people turn left there and don't move towards the center of the road, meaning they block everyone else turning right.
There are signs prohibiting thru traffic for the shopping center.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
There are signs prohibiting thru traffic for the shopping center.
I don't see how a sign is going to stop anyone...if you're worried about a sign, then cut through the neighborhood.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I don't see how a sign is going to stop anyone...if you're worried about a sign, then cut through the neighborhood.
A sign isn't going to stop anyone, but you are advocating foisting the traffic problem on the owners of the shopping center. By ignoring the sign, you are trespassing and could suffer the consequences of doing so.

I have tried cutting through the neighborhood and it is not convenient, either.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:37 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
A sign isn't going to stop anyone, but you are advocating foisting the traffic problem on the owners of the shopping center. By ignoring the sign, you are trespassing and could suffer the consequences of doing so.

Really what should be done is Mill road moved towards Hardiman and cut out the current Mill intersection.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
Really what should be done is Mill road moved towards Hardiman and cut out the current Mill intersection.
That would make too much sense...instead lets just stack traffic lights and then take 2 years to get their timing pattern nailed down.

I swear for being one of the "premier" suburbs in Alabama, the roads and associated traffic planning here is a total sh*tshow compared to other places I've lived.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:

I don't think any of those businesses are open during the morning rush hour. I'm sure the consequences for driving through a parking lot are quite severe...25 to life?

Old 01-24-2018, 12:29 PM

226 posts, read 388,808 times
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya blue View Post
really what should be done is mill road moved towards hardiman and cut out the current mill intersection.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I don't think any of those businesses are open during the morning rush hour. I'm sure the consequences for driving through a parking lot are quite severe...25 to life?
Doesn't make it right. Would you want someone cutting across your property because it was more convenient for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area