Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 08:37 AM

10 posts, read 7,903 times

Advertisements

I believe this is rigged. I just voted and noticed no updated voting results. It uses the same voting that the MLB all star game used and those were updated and very public. So, what is there to hide on something so insignificant? One of these names is definitely a plant. I am betting army ants will win magically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 09:31 AM

2,454 posts, read 3,217,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humblebrag View Post
I believe this is rigged. I just voted and noticed no updated voting results. It uses the same voting that the MLB all star game used and those were updated and very public. So, what is there to hide on something so insignificant? One of these names is definitely a plant. I am betting army ants will win magically.
Why should they be required to show results? If you think they are rigging it, don't you think they could just as easily rig the results they show you?

Old 07-27-2018, 09:39 AM

10 posts, read 7,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Why should they be required to show results? If you think they are rigging it, don't you think they could just as easily rig the results they show you?
They can easily rig it in many ways, just as easily.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:41 AM

609 posts, read 530,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I hear ya. I will be damned if I would ever buy a shirt, hat or any other promotional items with any of those stupid names and whatever idiotic mascot might go with them on it. I wouldn't even wear them if they were given out for free.

Do these morons not get the concept of merchandising?

Edit: Maybe I am the idiot. I just did a google search on the New Orleans Baby Cakes and found an article saying it has been a merchandising winner. I can't imagine who buys that crap.
I'm in the group that thinks these names are awful but apparently the team hired a company that has a very good track record of picking team names that are merchandising winners. I don't get it, but I'm sure I'm not the target audience. Maybe most of minor league merchandise goes to young kids. IDK

Old 07-27-2018, 10:15 AM

641 posts, read 699,191 times
Quote:
Maybe the Russians hacked the voting system?

Besides, "Dung Beetles" appeals to four year olds of all ages.

Last edited by cooldiver; 07-27-2018 at 10:34 AM..

Old 07-27-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston3124 View Post
I'm in the group that thinks these names are awful but apparently the team hired a company that has a very good track record of picking team names that are merchandising winners. I don't get it, but I'm sure I'm not the target audience. Maybe most of minor league merchandise goes to young kids. IDK
Hey, the Altoona Curve are taking on the Binghamton Rumble Ponies this weekend. A radius is taking on a character from My Little Pony. Go figure.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
They can easily rig it in many ways, just as easily.
That was my point.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:10 AM

282 posts, read 687,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Hey, the Altoona Curve are taking on the Binghamton Rumble Ponies this weekend. A radius is taking on a character from My Little Pony. Go figure.
I have a 6yr old daughter, this is Rumble Pony:

Old 07-27-2018, 12:16 PM

13 posts, read 9,213 times
Madison Mockingbirds

Old 07-27-2018, 12:40 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,583,586 times
Thought MasterBatters would be something everyone could relate to and participate in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area