Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 07:48 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,216,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post
But eggs are close to $3.00/dozen. The cows need a better agent.
Walmart has them for less than $2/18
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 02:21 PM

110 posts, read 95,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Walmart has them for less than $2/18
I bought eggs at Aldi last week for 68¢ a dozen. University Drive location.

Same eggs were over $2 a dozen at the S. Memorial Parkway (old Walmart) location.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:06 PM

170 posts, read 140,297 times
At least it will be easier to pay off debt with high inflation.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:53 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
Agreed.

Write, "Return to Sender" on the check's proverbial envelop and throw it back into the box. Nobody is forced to take it.
I would if I thought that would work Rick in Madison.
I am thankful that Hillary is not President and I think Trump is our only chance at surviving. I don't think I will be around to see it but the USUAL way out of this mess will be WW3.

That gives real meaning to "the meek will inherit the Earth". IOW you ain't seen nothing yet.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:51 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,592,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
That's interesting you got it on your regular date. A lot of people get their SS on the 3rd of each month. Since the 3rd of May is on a Sunday they will be getting it on the 1st of May which is a Friday. That one week after this Friday. I wonder if that is when they will be sending these Stimulus Checks.
My wife and I are on Social Security and are non-filers. Today we got a pending notification at RFCU for Stimulus Checks to be deposited into our account on Wednesday April 29.

We had a family member who just filed 2018 taxes by mail last month and had no income to file for 2019. Instead of him having to wait for a paper Stimulus Check I registered him on the Non-Filer website for a direct deposit into our account. There is also a pending notification at RFCU for his Stimulus Check to be deposited into our account on Wednesday April 29.

I just checked the website Get My Payment. They have updated it so that non-filers can also find out when they will be getting a Stimulus Check.

Last edited by MisterEd51; 04-27-2020 at 07:25 AM..

Old 04-27-2020, 08:13 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
I owed, so I Had to go in and give them my account stuff 2 weeks ago, just got the notification yesterday that the deposit is set for the 30th.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:11 AM

165 posts, read 211,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I would if I thought that would work Rick in Madison.
I am thankful that Hillary is not President and I think Trump is our only chance at surviving.
Me, too! Let's celebrate with the
Tide Pod challenge.

Old 04-27-2020, 01:40 PM

946 posts, read 775,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
Some people in Washington think that if they print enough money they will able to solve the current problem. Anyone that understands economics know that eventually we are going to pay for this with rampant inflation. There is currently some inflation now because the prices of many things have been slowly going up the last ten years. The only things that is holding inflation at bay is the near zero Prime Interest Rate. If inflation starts taking off like it did in the 80's the fed will have no choice but to raise the Prime Interest Rate. When that happens the interest on the national debt will take a much bigger bite out of the federal budget. Remember by law the interest on the national debt has to be paid before anything else. That means that paying it has precedence over everything else including "entitlements".

As you see that currently the interest on the national debt is taking up about 10% of the budget. That should worry us because we have a near zero Prime Interest Rate. That percentage could easily jump to 20% to 30% if the Prime Interest Rate has to be raised because of inflation.

Note what is not shown is the actual national debt for every year shown and the Prime Interest Rate for that year. What is important to know is that the national debt itself will grow every year that the government spends more than it takes in (prints money). The interest on the national debt will vary depending upon the size of the national debt and the Prime Interest for that year.

I like the way you explained this. Thanks for the quick education.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:16 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I moved to a new address in Feb. I did not have to file taxes this year or last year. However I did try to call the Irs about the new address starting a month ago. They were not taking calls. Per Thier recording. I then tried to do it online to no avail. I'm on SS Retirement. Using that irs. Gov tool for the stimulus payment. I find out my payment is being sent in the mail May 1 to the old address. That tool did not work for me until today. I tried that tool daily for the past 3 weeks. It simply three me out everytime.
I was under the impression that SS Retirement people got it in their direct deposit. That the irs used that banking info to post the $1200.

My new address was changed with the Post Office as well as SS. However I doubt a Federal stimulus check is forwarded to my new address by the post office.

So for those on SS Retirement take notice. If you moved no longer file taxes. The IRS isn't using your SS Direct Deposit info for the stimulus, they are sending a paper check. Sending it to your last known address. Even if you haven't had to file taxes for however long. There is nothing but a recording when the IRS is called, and no way to change an address or get info about this. Actually this doesn't surprise me. The whole payment thing seemed very vague and haphazard. Fitting for the times I guess.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:46 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
So, we received our money, $2400....a little confused, my son works and could not get the stimulus due to me claiming him on my taxes. They have cut his ours down to 28 hours a week, he has bills...So why would they not give me the $500 for him living with me?

I'm just rambling....but in a way, he was screwed. I know that kids 16 and younger, the parents would get the $500.....but why would he not get anything all because I claimed him?

Again, just rambling......I'm going to give him $500 of the $2400...just because....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: