Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 06:36 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,193,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
What on earth is a wood slat kitchen island? Never mind - there is always Google. Is this what you consider ultra modern? BTW - Whoever wants to clean that is welcome to it. My folks had the matchy matchy fronts for kitchen and laundry appliances in the 70s. 2-3 years into it you have surface issues.

Sounds like you are looking for a freebie you can boss around. Best of luck.
Or hopes for a date…

Old 09-25-2022, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVAeroEngineer View Post

………

My ideas are way ahead of most people in this area anyways…….
No, they are not.

Looked at the house photo you posted and “approved “ as good.

Nearly fell off the chair. I knew right then that you need help buying the house.

Take this thread - another confirmation.

Moneyed people of good taste don’t look for decorator.
They hire a reputable interior design firm, not “a young person who should be prepared to be belittled and yelled at during your “paid internship“ - are you for real?

Sounds like you need a submissive date.

To put words “Samsung” and “bespoke” next to each other is a joke if not an outright crime..

What else have you got?

Old 09-25-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:

For a person like me- one of the most eligible bachelors in the Huntsville metro area- living in the Strand would be the next step up- it allows you to interact with all the women walking to the beach and you could invite them to your place for drinks as they walk by.

https://m.cbhomes.com/p/734/SB200977...Bd/pdl23tp.jpg
I am going to die laughing!

Is it a some kind of C-D variety of “smile, you are on camera?”

Is it someone writing a research paper on interpersonal skills on internet?

If you are for real - how come that you are not already taken?

So you need to purchase a multimillion dollar condo “to interact with all women walking through it to the beach”?

My dream is to see it IRL. I want to start taking bets how many will accept your invitation vs take some other actions - like calling the security

Last edited by L00k4ward; 09-25-2022 at 08:17 PM..

Old 09-26-2022, 02:58 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Quote:
I don't need an online decorator, I can do a much better work on my own than any of them, especially people that do not have any understanding of modern design.
What I was hoping to find is someone relatively young in need of an unique project that could be added to her portfolio-sort of like a paid internship if you will.
My ideas are way ahead of most people in this area anyways-right now, I am looking at kitchen designs with Samsung Bespoke appliances fully integrated with the kitchen cabinets and wood slat walls and panels.
I have not seen one home yet in this area with a wood slat kitchen island, so the styles I am seeing here are about ten years outdated.

Oh, so you want this service for free! And you want them to accept your heart-felt, always-correct critiques. It's a cliche, but I'll say it: You get what you pay for.

The type of cabinet construction you are writing about is extremely labor intensive and, as such, extremely expensive. Also, with our humid climate, that may not be the most practical type of cabinet. But there's always DIY, and since you're an expert at everything, that probably would be the way to go.

I've heard first-hand too many people having problems with Samsung appliances. I'm staying far away from them.

Old 09-26-2022, 03:15 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post

I've heard first-hand too many people having problems with Samsung appliances. I'm staying far away from them.
My brother in Law and his wife own an appliance and repair store. They will not work on Samsung appliances due to availability of parts and lack of factory support.

Old 09-27-2022, 05:20 PM

653 posts, read 589,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
My brother in Law and his wife own an appliance and repair store. They will not work on Samsung appliances due to availability of parts and lack of factory support.
From a reliability point of view; what is their recommended brand?

Old 09-27-2022, 05:38 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick in madison View Post
from a reliability point of view; what is their recommended brand?
GE, oh and we have Electrolux, but will replace as time comes with GE. We had GE is our condo for over 10 years, never an issue.

Old 09-27-2022, 05:55 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
Quote:
You have absolutely no understanding of high end construction.
Do you? Mr. renting a condo for 12 months and has no connections in interior design.

If you did, you would fly yours in from LA, South FL or NY like someone who actually does "high end construction".

Old 09-28-2022, 05:54 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times
Closing this thread as it is going off-topic and OP has left the building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area