Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 07:20 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post

I am just a simple man, what you see is what I am, just want some decent seafood omelette, sizzling hot fajita, fresh mellons as fruit, and smiling & flirty waitress that calls me "hon" and fills my cup with strong coffee that can take paints off my tummy while I read the sunday paper. Is that too much to ask for in Madison?

ps- wifeo wants waffle...
I'm crying from laughing so hard. Yep, that's asking too much for Madison. If you want your pants taken off while reading, I'd suggest Jimmy's on 72, ROTFL. What's up with that anyway? Can't sell "adult" toys in Alabama but can have a strip joint on every corner? Does that make sense? I was pleased to see that the adult "massage parlor" on 72 is out of business. Bible Belt and strip clubs...hummmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_G View Post
. If you want your pants taken off while reading, I'd suggest Jimmy's on 72, ROTFL.
Elizabeth !!! I said "paints" off my tummy, not "pants" off me...

But I can see what was on your mind

OK Tim... do your thang !! (red wine, candles, Barry White !!)

Old 01-27-2009, 01:10 AM

346 posts, read 851,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
Was wondering about that...judging by the ad I just got in my mailbox, looks like it could be another Domino's sort of outfit (no thanks, will wait for Mellow Mushroom.)
I'm looking forward to the Mellow Mushroom coming to town. Love their calzones. Having one nearby when I lived in Tuscaloosa was nice.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:27 PM

567 posts, read 1,744,531 times
Quote:
Was wondering about that...judging by the ad I just got in my mailbox, looks like it could be another Domino's sort of outfit (no thanks, will wait for Mellow Mushroom.)
Was by Mellow Mushroom yesterday. Nothing going on there. I begining to wonder if we will ever see it.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times
HB2HSV, I am SO embarrased...how did I miss "paints"? ROTFL...I wondered why hubby had the candles lit, Barry White playing and wine... I'm re-reading everything I comment on from now on!

Old 01-28-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_G View Post
ROTFL...I wondered why hubby had the candles lit, Barry White playing and wine...
Sounds like you folks had a good evening !

Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 PM

216 posts, read 580,664 times
Quote:
PO BOY's has some slammin' bread pudding, too - and interesting to note what seems to be an Alabama thing - the sauce that serves as a garnish is SAUCED...not for the little ones.

I am all about the bread pudding.

Yummmmmmm......bread pudding is my fav. And the sauce must be sauced!

I have a slamming recipe for chocolate bread pudding that is sooo good!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm42 View Post
Wild Flour is not too far from Madison, and they have Crab Florentine Omelettes and Belgian Waffles (sorry, no fajitas).

Dinner Menu (http://www.wildflourbistro.com/brunch_menu.html - broken link)
Stopped by the Wild Flour for brunch this sunday. It is a charming place. Has that 'artsy' funky decor but has its charms. We like it and will be back.

It also offers free wi-fi so I can see a lazy layback brunch while serving online

Old 02-04-2009, 01:03 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp4ever View Post
CHINA DRAGON III--Chinese Takeout. The best we've found so far. Hubby is half Chinese and thinks this is very good. Located at the corner of Wall-Triana and Pine Grove road, north of Hwy 72.
I can vouch for this. They deliver, too. Had my first meal in my new home delivered by China Dragon. It was fast, fresh, and delicious. I had house fried rice & house lo mein. Spring roll was overcooked but I think the delivery guy might have even been the owner (older Chinese gentleman), he didn't want to take my tip at first ;-)

Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,494 times
WHat is the best sit down Chinese?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area