Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:18 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
Peru?

You mean un-North-American, in North America, for North Americans...
I got hip to such criticism in college in a Latin American history course. But isn't that kind of silly?? Do Latin Americans refer to themselves as "Americanos"? Not that I'm aware of. They would refer the specific countries, saying "Bolivians" or "Brazilianos" or "Ecuadorians", por exemplo, no?

Amerigo was just some foolhardy explorer anyway, was he not? Nobody can remember a thing about him. The issue is not political but simply the semantics of language.

Please nobody get me wrong, either. I have a great admiration and interest in Latin America, whether it's poliitical figures such as Castro, great musicians like Gato Barbieri or Gonzalo Rubalcaba, or even closer to home, the funniest man in the history of the world and world-class film-maker Cheech Marin, or even just some cholos fishing for pescado down the street from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 AM

261 posts, read 738,974 times
It doesn't seem that time of day makes a big difference. While a family member was hospitalized in HSV, I spent months eating FF dinners in the car. Usually dinnertime was 8 - 10 p.m., which isn't prime time for most FF places. Approx. 4/5 of the orders were filled incorrectly. As a former homeschooler, I blame gub'mnt schools. ;-)

Old 08-21-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHaus View Post
I spent months eating FF dinners in the car.
Well, Hauser, I hope you didn't get too much ketchup on the seats!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:58 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelrj9 View Post
Well it looks like my complaining worked. 2 days after I complained to McDonalds they knocked down the whole building and are rebuilding it (hopfully with employees that are faster). Then I got a card in the mail for a free fattening value meal.

See who says that complaing is worthless.. At least I got them to knock down the building. LOL
Don't get your hopes up, LOL. They demolished ours two years ago and replaced it with a new one, things are no better, may actually be worse. They also claimed the new restaurant would be bigger, but it turned out that the dining area is more cramped and the tiny tables are jammed together. I don't understand it, the old building was built in '86 and was still in great condition, yet they tore it down and replaced it with a building that was worse. What a waste!

Old 08-21-2009, 01:48 PM

804 posts, read 1,965,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Ya, I'm the guy in front of you in the drive through who makes you sit there for five minutes only to watch the employee hand me one little bag.
How considerate of others

Old 08-21-2009, 02:08 PM

79 posts, read 320,153 times
I lived in several states, including Alabama, and I can assure you with COMPLETE certainty that the SLOWEST McDonalds is located in Brookfield, Illinois, near the Zoo (not that that indicates any causal relationship!).

Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 PM

79 posts, read 320,153 times
Besides, with all the good barbecue places in Alabama why would anyone go to McDonalds, Wendy's, etc? Oicks! (or maybe that should be "Oinks!")

Old 08-22-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Don't get your hopes up, LOL. They demolished ours two years ago and replaced it with a new one, things are no better, may actually be worse. They also claimed the new restaurant would be bigger, but it turned out that the dining area is more cramped and the tiny tables are jammed together. I don't understand it, the old building was built in '86 and was still in great condition, yet they tore it down and replaced it with a building that was worse. What a waste!

Well that still beats how they were doing things in Russia near the end of the Soviet era.

The higher ups probably got a mainline injection of TALF/PPIP stimulus and figured what the heck, might as well go for it.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:33 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,587,700 times
FF is not good for you... stay away from it, cook or learn to cook your own food, and have a good supply of freezer bags and containers so you don't have to eat the corn fed, gross fattening stuff they sell.. really, there is a reason that people are obese .... and AL does lead the US in that regard... blah on FF... eat it very sporadically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area