Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 03:05 PM

339 posts, read 1,167,356 times

Advertisements

From the Cheeburger Thread:

There is
also a trailer being configured across the street beside the insurance office. Perhaps another building is soon to start rising in Providence.

I've been wondering about the construction trailers.. my husband said I should check city data to see if any one knows what the deal is.

Hmm there seems to be a ton of vacant real estate in the area - The space above the CVS is vacant and I think the Bank's upstairs is empty too -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 05:16 PM

956 posts, read 2,502,346 times
It is Madison Drugs heading that way! Their lease expires in a couple of weeks and had plans to relocate to Providence. Seems it will happen sooner rather than later. I'm thrilled, since I'm right across the street They will operate temporarily out of the trailers until their building is completed, which hasn't been started, yet.

As for the vacant lots, yes....several! They are soon to begin building a new product, below $300,000. Looking forward to seeing what they have in mind. The "lofts" are also priced well now. They have sold a few this year...seeing lots of action around Providence. I LOVE working there.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:28 PM

We are big fans of Providence since it is just a mile down the road. Kalou's is the best thing that has happened - IMHO. Beer tasting on Friday nights being a big hit with me and the hubby - it is also great having a place to stop and grab the odds and ends for dinner or a great cut of meat for dinner.

Now...if people could just figure out how to use the round about.. that is another story.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:18 PM

leavin_florida: I love Kalous also! I grab lunch there almost daily. They have the BEST Chicken salad. Yummy! Have you been to their Steak night yet? It's really good and great for the price. I think it was $12.99 for a Filet.

Yes, that 'round about is a pain in the butt, for sure!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:23 PM

I like the round about - I just wish every one understood how it works.

We like steak night at Kalous too.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:03 AM

15 posts, read 32,660 times
that roundabout is too small.. for them to work well, they need to be a bit bigger than that one. if a car is coming from the road to your left, you dont have enuf time to be able to tell if he's turning on the road you're on or going to come in front of you.

i'm really surprised there hasnt been alot of wrecks there..

Old 04-11-2010, 06:10 AM

296 posts, read 694,514 times
On the round about, all they have to do is put some "speed bumps" between the lanes so that people coming off the circle go into left lane while those just making a 90 degree turn can continue without worrying about yielding. If people would just stay in the correct lane, I think it would move a lot faster (at least for those making 90 degree turns).

Marc

Old 02-16-2011, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,754 times
Default Vacant Lots

In reference to the vacant lots in Providence, how successful do you think a nice children's boutique would be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_G View Post
It is Madison Drugs heading that way! Their lease expires in a couple of weeks and had plans to relocate to Providence. Seems it will happen sooner rather than later. I'm thrilled, since I'm right across the street They will operate temporarily out of the trailers until their building is completed, which hasn't been started, yet.

As for the vacant lots, yes....several! They are soon to begin building a new product, below $300,000. Looking forward to seeing what they have in mind. The "lofts" are also priced well now. They have sold a few this year...seeing lots of action around Providence. I LOVE working there.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:13 PM

blessed120: Hmmm. I'd have to think about that. We don't really have an actual "retail" in Providence, but that's not to say it wouldn't go over. Rent is pricey, so you'd have to sell a whole lot of cute clothing

I think I would run a poll with all of your facebook friends? I have a teenager, so I'm out of that stage. Wish I could be more help!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 AM

We had the Moods and the Pink Pelican and a Grocery store - I'm thinking there isn't enough traffic to support retail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area