Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2019, 07:53 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoing View Post
Based on updated master plans for Snake River Landing, I'm guessing this is going just east of the BMW dealership on Pioneer Road, surrounded by a parking lot.

Snake River Landing is such a great development, but I wish it was more pedestrian oriented. Yes, there are trails to walk on, I just wish the building entrances were facing the main roads. Imagine if the new apartments had front doors facing Snake River Parkway, or some retail at ground level along Snake River Parkway. I wish the office buildings faced the roads, including the new Knolls office building. It should have a main entrance on the corner of Events Center Drive and Snake River Parkway similar to the building by the pier. Pier View drive is good, I just wish similar development was extended throughout the development. Even Stockmans restaurant would be better with the main entrance at the corner.

The new events center is also going to be surrounded with parking and no pedestrian connection to the sidewalk along Events Center Drive.

I really like the Northgate@Stapleton Development in Aurora Colorado.

Don't get me wrong, SRL is incredible for our community, and they've gone above and beyond a typical development, I just feel like 20 years down the road they're going to wish it was more walkable.
Snake River
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 12:30 AM

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/1...n-idaho-falls/

Old 12-29-2019, 04:29 PM

432 posts, read 533,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
After looking at the conceptual plan for SRL, I can see two areas that the theater could go. The first being down on Sunnyside frontage and the second to the southwest of the event center. On the plan there seems to be a fairly large sized lot that could definitely hold a huge theater and being that close to the event center does make sense. Also they seem to have added some building sites to the west of Heritage Park. Makes me wonder if they've been procuring tenants for awhile.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
After looking at the conceptual plan for SRL, I can see two areas that the theater could go. The first being down on Sunnyside frontage and the second to the southwest of the event center. On the plan there seems to be a fairly large sized lot that could definitely hold a huge theater and being that close to the event center does make sense. Also they seem to have added some building sites to the west of Heritage Park. Makes me wonder if they've been procuring tenants for awhile.
Just curious what are the typical general admission prices to theaters in this area?
Here it's 8.50 matinee to 15.00 for IMAX.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:45 PM

I went and back read all of the pages from 2019 to get some insight into all the development buzz and do a sort of recap and all I can say is wow. Many cities would love to have had half of the growth and announcements...so without further ado here's my recap.

As we were entering the fresh new year we we're all abuzz with the amount of projects downtown and the announcement of the Holiday inn Express at Jackson Hole Junction figuring that was where the growth was going to concentrate. We were also getting our first look at the completion of the Broadway development, then the bomb went off so to speak.

Costco's announcement was huge but the location was an even bigger story. By now I think we all understand why they chose that location but the roundabout still seems to be a huge topic of discussion. Also while unannounced, a new shopping center is in the planning stages on the west side of Hitt Road.

Snake River Landing sure was busy. After announcing the addition of more new apartment buildings, we were also treated to site prep work for the event center and the eventual naming rights and filing of building permits but also the announcement of the 3 story office building and building "y" on pier view drive. And as a late Christmas gift of sorts they unveiled plans for a new movie theater to close out the year.

A bit north of SRL, a new extended stay hotel filed site plans and building permits...Staybridge Suites will be the next hotel project continuing a trend of the last few years of having a hotel under construction. Also in the general area a doctor's office is slated for construction at Taylor Crossing and Longhorn Steakhouse will move into the old Famous Dave's.

Further north, on the heels of the completion of the new INL buildings a three story office building was announced and construction has since commenced. A few pages were dedicated to the Boisean Skinny Home development on Fremont, I think we're all curious to see the final project.

The former shell of Toys R Us will be the home to Als sporting goods and a new online school will fill the vacant sports authority, leaving only a few large vacant store fronts, namely Cal Ranch, Shopko and Sears.

We've also opened a new hospital, seen the area near Sand Creek Commons expand rapidly and seen the rapid spread of homes and townhomes in the urbanized portion of the county further blurring the city limit lines and confusing those new to the area as to where one city begins and the other ends.

More items of note...we watched the redevelopment of the Bonneville and it is so close to reopening. Also, the Yellowstone corridor on the north side is booming with industrial growth, Fred Meyer is on the tail end of a massive remodel with Sam's Club ready to go on theirs soon. I can keep rambling but I'll close with the growth of the INL and three certain projects...the Naval facility, Oklo's micro reactor and the SMR reactor project should keep growth going very strong for years to come.

Here's to 2020!!! Feel free to add to what I may have missed!

Old 01-03-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I went and back read all of the pages from 2019 to get some insight into all the development buzz and do a sort of recap and all I can say is wow. Many cities would love to have had half of the growth and announcements...so without further ado here's my recap.

As we were entering the fresh new year we we're all abuzz with the amount of projects downtown and the announcement of the Holiday inn Express at Jackson Hole Junction figuring that was where the growth was going to concentrate. We were also getting our first look at the completion of the Broadway development, then the bomb went off so to speak.

Costco's announcement was huge but the location was an even bigger story. By now I think we all understand why they chose that location but the roundabout still seems to be a huge topic of discussion. Also while unannounced, a new shopping center is in the planning stages on the west side of Hitt Road.

Snake River Landing sure was busy. After announcing the addition of more new apartment buildings, we were also treated to site prep work for the event center and the eventual naming rights and filing of building permits but also the announcement of the 3 story office building and building "y" on pier view drive. And as a late Christmas gift of sorts they unveiled plans for a new movie theater to close out the year.

A bit north of SRL, a new extended stay hotel filed site plans and building permits...Staybridge Suites will be the next hotel project continuing a trend of the last few years of having a hotel under construction. Also in the general area a doctor's office is slated for construction at Taylor Crossing and Longhorn Steakhouse will move into the old Famous Dave's.

Further north, on the heels of the completion of the new INL buildings a three story office building was announced and construction has since commenced. A few pages were dedicated to the Boisean Skinny Home development on Fremont, I think we're all curious to see the final project.

The former shell of Toys R Us will be the home to Als sporting goods and a new online school will fill the vacant sports authority, leaving only a few large vacant store fronts, namely Cal Ranch, Shopko and Sears.

We've also opened a new hospital, seen the area near Sand Creek Commons expand rapidly and seen the rapid spread of homes and townhomes in the urbanized portion of the county further blurring the city limit lines and confusing those new to the area as to where one city begins and the other ends.

More items of note...we watched the redevelopment of the Bonneville and it is so close to reopening. Also, the Yellowstone corridor on the north side is booming with industrial growth, Fred Meyer is on the tail end of a massive remodel with Sam's Club ready to go on theirs soon. I can keep rambling but I'll close with the growth of the INL and three certain projects...the Naval facility, Oklo's micro reactor and the SMR reactor project should keep growth going very strong for years to come.

Here's to 2020!!! Feel free to add to what I may have missed!
A Sam's Club too? Competition to Costco?
That's great to have both. Add a Wal-Mart too which is same ownership as Sam's Club.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
A Sam's Club too? Competition to Costco?
That's great to have both. Add a Wal-Mart too which is same ownership as Sam's Club.
We already have two Walmarts in town a new Smartsource foods which is a small version club pack store and a high volume WinCo Foods, Fred Meyer, Smith's , Broulims, Natural Grocers and three Albertsons.

There's also been a rumour circulating of a Trader Joe's but that is just rumour at this point.

One can hope that the extra competition in town will lower prices at all stores making it a win for consumers.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
We already have two Walmarts in town a new Smartsource foods which is a small version club pack store and a high volume WinCo Foods, Fred Meyer, Smith's , Broulims, Natural Grocers and three Albertsons.

There's also been a rumour circulating of a Trader Joe's but that is just rumour at this point.

One can hope that the extra competition in town will lower prices at all stores making it a win for consumers.
Yes yes! Nothing wrong with lower prices at all stores and more selections.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:44 AM

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...n-idaho-falls/

Old 01-10-2020, 04:26 PM

Looks like the empty pads behind Bowlero and Ashley furniture will be home to 8 three story apartment buildings...144 units total. I'm sure the neighbors will be in an uproar over it when they get word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls