Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2020, 07:26 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,893,699 times

Advertisements

Dunkin once was in the pnw but I believe they have entirely left the region, focusing on the eastern us. The success of Krispy Creme in the region is likely the reason.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 07-27-2020 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 08:55 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
There is a 27 acre plot called L & S Subdivision that will go for approval next week that is on the south side of Lincoln next to the small neighborhood. The developer intends to develop it as one plot and will set back from Lincoln with an access road. It'll be interesting to see what this turns into.

That whole stretch of Lincoln is now city besides just a small sliver to the east of the old fire station.

That area of open fields is really all that seperates IF from the rest of the developed county. Give it a couple years and should all be blended together.
I know that land. It was tied up for years in a family dispute, and it has access problems due to right of way issues.
That's why it has remained empty for so long; the family dispute began around 30 years ago, and the place was originally a homesteaded farm.

If there's something planned for it now, then apparently, the issues have all been resolved at last. That comes as a surprise to me, as I know the folks, and I thought they would never reach a compromise or an agreement.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:17 AM

5,586 posts, read 5,024,843 times
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...o-idaho-falls/

Old 08-01-2020, 12:26 AM

5,586 posts, read 5,024,843 times
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...rant-in-ammon/

Old 08-03-2020, 10:25 AM

434 posts, read 417,388 times
There is a ton of housing and quite a bit of commercial being pushed through planning lately. There have been two meetings a month for the last 3 or 4 months. It only seems to be picking up.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:39 AM

432 posts, read 534,571 times
I know the housing is being built, and a rapid rate nonetheless but I feel the commercial is getting ahead of the game. I feel as soon as the pandemic economic situation gets a bit more stable, we'll start to hear some things.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:47 PM

434 posts, read 417,388 times
Retail and restaurants/hospitality are the losers from the pandemic for sure but there is some heavier commercial and industrial going on. Especially if you've been outside city limits there is a lot happening.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
I know the housing is being built, and a rapid rate nonetheless but I feel the commercial is getting ahead of the game. I feel as soon as the pandemic economic situation gets a bit more stable, we'll start to hear some things.
That's possible. Idaho Falls has always had a tendency to jump on the bandwagon and go at it when it comes to building new housing. When things look good, the contractors always get busy.

And they've quite often been slapped around when a sudden downturn comes in our economy. Sometimes a downturn results in only plans that never reach fruition, and other times, it results in a bunch of half-finished houses.

But this downturn is different. There was an immediate, pressing need for new housing because so many people are moving here. That wasn't the case in any of the over-building in the past. There was never a shortage of existing homes on the market like there is now.

I also think that Idaho Falls will spring back and get back to doing business as soon as it's safe to do so. Everyone is eager for this to be over.
This makes the downturn different than those in the past too.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:21 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,893,699 times
I think one statistic that hasn't really surfaced (yet), is how many are moving out of larger cities to smaller cities due to the outbreak. I am willing to say it is somewhat significant, but not massive. Like I said, I would like to see some raw numbers on this but it is probably still too soon to capture.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I think one statistic that hasn't really surfaced (yet), is how many are moving out of larger cities to smaller cities due to the outbreak. I am willing to say it is somewhat significant, but not massive. Like I said, I would like to see some raw numbers on this but it is probably still too soon to capture.
Yup. The virus has people moving around now. With it coming on a census year, I'm wondering if the moves will show up on this 2020 census or we'll have to wait until 2030 to see them.

I also tend to wonder how permanent the moves will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls