Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 10:38 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,275,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Plans have changed a little I think. Washington Federal is building a stand alone bank at Sunnyside & Hitt. The developer, Skidmore, is also doing one or more seperate retail strips in addition to the bank. Correction; Bizmojo reports a total of four buildings at this site. Also mentioned the Syringa Wireless building on Hitt is being renovated to become a car wash.

At the former Fred Meyer, I saw that Construction Solutions Company is the general contractor behind the big renovation. As far as anyone knows, its just an improvement to attract new tenants. A large portion of the parking lot Is currently being used, I think, as a park & ride for INL.
Thanks, I forgot all about the bank corner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 11:43 AM

434 posts, read 417,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Especially when there is a car wash across the road on the northeast corner

So we have many banks/credit unions at Sunnyside and Hitt and now they want to duplicate other businesses?
Northeast corner of what? Only nearby carwash I can think of is at sunnyside and st. claire. Granted, I also dont think this is the place for a new one. Traffic is already congested. This will make it worse

Old 02-24-2016, 12:09 PM

168 posts, read 174,525 times
Quote:
Northeast corner of what? Only nearby carwash I can think of is at sunnyside and st. claire. Granted, I also dont think this is the place for a new one. Traffic is already congested. This will make it worse
There is a quickie drive-thru car wash in the building with Reeds dairy and Jiffy Lube. At least I think it is still there.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:55 PM

168 posts, read 174,525 times
Drove by there this evening, and that little drive thru car wash is actually part of Jiffy Lube, and not a public wash.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:56 PM

432 posts, read 534,571 times
Did a little looking into Sand Creek Commons on a website and noticed they were only advertising for two open locations. One was for the big box set up and the other was for a location in the strip center. Makes me wonder if we'll be getting some news soon. As I recall there were 8 pad sites a big box site and quite a few sites in the strip center left so there could be quite a few things to talk about soon.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:05 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Quote:
Perhaps the tractor supply that had some people excited? Not sure if the space is large enough for both? Its getting interesting for sure as I sense activity on other broadway sites at early stages. I am a little surprised at the lack of new residential developments on the westside.
No, the other part of the former Rite Aid in Skyline is a furniture store. Marketplace Home Furnishings plans to open in two weeks. The new Ace store is now open.

I think there are areas which will be developed in Skyline with higher density housing. The big Grandview/Skyline Dr. expansion in the roads and sidewalks starts in months. It might be that some don't want to start projects until the roads are easier for employees and building supplies.

I'm glad to see more businesses, adding new products, being opened in Skyline

Old 03-02-2016, 09:03 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
I need to get out more.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:15 PM

Mountain West Truck broke ground on a new facility today. Who knew?

It looked to me like Exit #113. Theotherdude, remember how we said Warner Truck land would bring more businesses? Here is proof.

Watch the news tonight. NPG hasn't posted the story yet.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Mountain West Truck broke ground on a new facility today. Who knew?

It looked to me like Exit #113. Theotherdude, remember how we said Warner Truck land would bring more businesses? Here is proof.

Watch the news tonight. NPG hasn't posted the story yet.
I admit I wasn't watching and barely listening to the news. I'm not sure. I wonder if this is the Mtn. West Truck I referenced above?

Mountain West Truck Center

Old 03-02-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I admit I wasn't watching and barely listening to the news. I'm not sure. I wonder if this is the Mtn. West Truck I referenced above?

Mountain West Truck Center
This is small compared to Warner Truckland. It's for Semi truck sales and maintaince. The building is ~ 14,000 s.f. with 8 service bays. There will also be a warehouse on the 7.5 acres. Yes, it is at Exit #113. Wow, this is going to open by fall, this year. New jobs for techs and sales. But once again, it's the technician jobs both at Warner Truckland and Mountain West that should be reason enough to get those degrees from EITC.

But I'm happy for further development there.

It does make me wonder how soon BMPO is going to have to assess expanding the road ~ 6400 S. Doug Andrus is on the west. Now this is something like the 6th -7th Semi Truck related business at the exit. I look for an economy hotel to be built somewhere. What other businesses do you think need to build in "Truckland." ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls