Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 07:39 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Wish I could help, but we do artificial or my male dog would think we brought his potty tree inside
Cleosmom, That is hilarious about your reason for not having a live tree. I did a "modified" ROFL when I read that. While not quite the same, when I had two indoor, female Cocker-Spaniels, they would drink all the tree water for their drinking water One would always get her head stuck in the branches close to lights and ornaments. She had to be untangled everyday. Extra water created extra trips outside etc. And we were always filling up the tree bowl, that's when we could get her sister to not sleep on the tree skirt I do have a sense that live Christmas trees and canines are not always 100% compatible.

But Cleosmom, it's your lucky year. I saw a commercial for all the new Chia-Pet things. One now grows into a bush or small tree. Maybe you could try one of these and observe your male dog. Maybe if the Chia grows and isn't a full grown tree nor smells like a more traditional Christmas Tree he knows, maybe there is a new option.

I hope YOU are laughing. New lyrics could be sung, "Oh Chia Tree Oh Chia Tree." :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 07:40 PM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
preferably, I'd like to support a local business or a civic group/church/family farm/etc

need an 8-footer

Old 11-30-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
preferably, I'd like to support a local business or a civic group/church/family farm/etc

need an 8-footer
There are a couple of families who grow these, I think. Try Sunnyside Gardens or Nursery - whatever the correct name is. If they don't grow them ask them who does.

I think a family on the I.F. - Jackson Hole highway grows them as well. I can't think of their name.

Otherwise, check with the Salvation Army. They will know non-profits.

Tmp4, will you please share that info here? Thanks

Old 11-30-2014, 10:43 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post

need an 8-footer
According to their Facebook post, Sunnyside Gardens have Christmas trees.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:30 AM

Question Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers

Freddy's is open. Who has tried and what was your experience there.

It sounds like the owner was thrilled the building was ready to open 89 days after construction started. That's almost the exact time to build the Starbucks on 17th. We have some builders who can get buildings constructed

Please post your experience at Freddy's.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:01 PM

82 posts, read 97,484 times
I tried Freddy's the week they opened. It was interesting, but I found nothing there that would cause me to go back again. Steak burgers ? The thin, chopped up meat patties were very greasy, the bun was very greasy, the little tiny fries were greasy. The food smelled like the grease recovery barrel behind most restaurants. The frozen custard was nothing special. There was a frozen custard place where I grew up, and it was rich and smooth. The product at Freddy's was not. I was looking forward to trying it, and expected better.
Family and friends who tried the menu's sparse offerings all had about the same opinion. Fast food burgers for me will still be 5 Guys, and for a frozen treat, I'm all in at Reed's.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:01 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
My first Freddie's experience was the same as siege's. The burger and fries weren't as greasy as siege mentioned, and were tasty enough, but not so much that it will be a target drive-in for me.

I like Carl's Jr. much better, and I thought Dairy Queen tasted better on the ice cream side.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:39 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Thanks to the above replies regarding Freddy's, I won't waste my time, money or appetite there Five Guys is my go to place for burgers and I love their LOCAL fries!! As for ice cream, I have to admit Baskin-Robbins is my favorite.

I grew up with Carl's Jr and loved their menu back then, today's is quite shameful as for as what I treasured in my youth and I was disappointed when I went there

Old 02-03-2015, 10:46 PM

Default It May Depend on What You Order....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Thanks to the above replies regarding Freddy's, I won't waste my time, money or appetite there Five Guys is my go to place for burgers and I love their LOCAL fries!! As for ice cream, I have to admit Baskin-Robbins is my favorite.

I grew up with Carl's Jr and loved their menu back then, today's is quite shameful as for as what I treasured in my youth and I was disappointed when I went there
Cleosmom,

I went through the drive through probably a week or more after seige (I'm not sure when Mike went). There are advantages to waiting. I can't speak for the inside. I got a basic steak burger without all the stuff I don't like. They got my order perfect and most don't. I am allergic to the custard so I can't comment personally. My sister was with me and loved it. Neither of us got fries. The fries smelled good and fresh, but I didn't taste them.

Their food was fine for what we ordered. My sister lives in a neighborhood by Woodruff. She's been back a couple of times with her friends just for custard. They all have really liked the custard.

It's been a few years since I've been to Five Guys. I'll have to get a take out and compare. This wasn't the best steak burger I've ever had, but it wasn't the worse either and didn't cost what the best one cost.

I do think as the staff becomes more familiar with everything in the restaurant they know how to prepare the food better. That includes all the grease issues mentioned above. There were probably eight cars ahead of us so many people are trying it.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:54 AM

Default My New Favorite Channel on Direct TV

I finally got Direct TV in Dec. I looked at Dish, which was cheaper but didn't have some key channels I wanted/needed. Wow, I couldn't believe the explosion of channels selling stuff since I'd last had Direct TV a year earlier. What a waste!

However, I have found a great channel for me that has probably been renamed. I like to go to concerts and watch DVDs of concerts, and this channel shows them. It is the AXS Channel # 340. On Saturday I saw part of a behind the scenes documentary about the Moody Blues. I now know a lot I didn't. Since the Moody Blues hit in the 60 and early 70 with big albums they thought their careers would fade. Then along came MTV and new generations discovered and liked their music. They continued with more big releases.

Saturday night I saw part of the Heart Concert from 2013. Currently, I'm watching the debut of Pat Benatar's and Neil Giraldo 35th Anniversary Tour. Pat Benatar is playing CA venues currently of this tour. Foreigner is next.

Each Sunday they debut another new concert. Today (change your clocks ahead) they will debut Chicago and REO Speedwagon at Red Rocks @ 18:00 MSR or 8:00 p.m. EST. Other concerts mentioned for March include Jeff Beck, Hall and Oates, Styx and many more. There are also several programs which approach music in our lives.

Check out this channel if you can get it with your TV reception. I think you'll like it. Please post if you get the opportunity to catch some of the concerts.

ENJOY

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls