Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 01:07 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,770,912 times

Advertisements

Realizing that this is the 'news' thread, and we all will very shortly be chastised about going off topic . . . I will say that I'd love to substitute teach when I arrive next year. Looks like I won't be able to continue teaching at the community college level as I do here. Subbing might work. I'll have to find out how to go about signing up.

In a lame attempt to keep this post 'on topic', here is an on-line article about becoming a substitute teacher in Idaho.
http://www.education-colleges.com/id...-teaching.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 01:31 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Realizing that this is the 'news' thread, and we all will very shortly be chastised about going off topic . . . I will say that I'd love to substitute teach when I arrive next year. Looks like I won't be able to continue teaching at the community college level as I do here. Subbing might work. I'll have to find out how to go about signing up.

In a lame attempt to keep this post 'on topic', here is an on-line article about becoming a substitute teacher in Idaho.
Substitute Teaching in Idaho, ID
I think this is a valid subject for anyone who is looking for some work.
The thing I didn't mention is a good substitute could possibly take over a class for longer than a day here or there. Sometimes teachers have to take a leave of absence, and a good substitute could work steadily as a replacement for several months or longer.
My sister-in-law discovered she had breast cancer a couple of years ago, and took such a leave. She is currently still cancer free, thank God and the Mayo Clinic, but she only taught for about 3 months in total during that term, as she was in treatment for almost an entire school year.

In her case, no substitute was found. She's one of a few teachers who teaches a specialty subject and goes from school to school on a daily rotating schedule, a couple of schools a day. A qualified replacement could have had a school year's steady work, and the school district tried to find a sub for her for a couple of months.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:30 PM

212 posts, read 308,972 times
Horribly misleading

Old 10-08-2015, 09:52 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,901,395 times
Idaho's Legal Fund To Be Drained Further After Lost Lawsuit | Boise State Public Radio

Quote:
Idaho will now use the fund to pay for a $70,000 bill for attorney fees and costs in the Madelynn Taylor case. Taylor sued the state for permission to be buried with her late wife in the Idaho Veterans Cemetery.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:34 AM

356 posts, read 520,614 times
Default One of the gun deaths

Shooting in Bonner County ruled self-defense

Old 10-08-2015, 11:50 PM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Default Plane Crash Between Hope and Clark Fork

Bonner County deputies at scene of plane crash near Hope Idaho | North Idaho - KXLY.com

Quote:
The Bonner County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that there are no survivors in Thursday's plane crash near Hope, Idaho.
The names of the pilot and any associated occupants of the aircraft have not yet been released.
The Sheriff's Officer was notified of a possible missing aircraft on Thursday just after 9:30 a.m. An aircraft Emergency Locator Transmitter beacon was detected and led deputies to the area of the crash.
Deputies located the crash site at approximately 2:30 p.m. A debris field was found on the South side of Round Mountain just north of Hope, Idaho.
The plane was identified as a Cessna 182 fixed-wing aircraft. Emergency crews and law enforcement are still on the scene of the crash site and the FAA has been contacted.
How tragic...I looked at the Sandpoint webcam this morniing, and it looked like fog and rain. No visibility at all on Gold Hill. So it might be a weather-related accident.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:07 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Sandpoint Airport named after late biomedical engineer | North Idaho - KXLY.com

Quote:
SANDPOINT, Idaho - The Sandpoint Airport in Bonner County has been given the honorary name of a lifelong aviator and inventor who passed away this summer.
The Daily Bee reports that county commissioners on Tuesday approved the honorary name of Dr. Forrest M. Bird Field.
A group of aviators had petitioned the county to adopt the name following Bird's Aug. 2 death. He was 94.
Bird was a biomedical engineer known for developing some of the first reliable mass-produced mechanical ventilators for cardiopulmonary care. His devices have been credited with saving countless lives.
We had the privilege of meeting Dr. Bird a few years ago. What an extraordinary human being! The Bird Museum is still open, and has his medical inventions on display, plus his large collection of aviation and military memorabilia. It's a fantastic place, and they also have a very nice little cafeteria.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:47 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,013,254 times
Very sad news ...

Update: Crash kills inventor's widow

A small plane crash Thursday morning near Hope, Idaho, killed three friends and pilots, including the widow of Dr. Forrest Morton Bird, whose research in breathing apparatuses led to the development of the modern respirator. Sagle resident Pamela Riddle Bird, who lost her husband Aug. 2, died in the crash along with Tookie and Don Hensley of Mohave Valley, Arizona, friends confirmed today.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:01 PM

356 posts, read 520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Bonner County deputies at scene of plane crash near Hope Idaho | North Idaho - KXLY.com

How tragic...I looked at the Sandpoint webcam this morniing, and it looked like fog and rain. No visibility at all on Gold Hill. So it might be a weather-related accident.

Even worse-I heard that the plane was piloted by Dr. Bird's widow.

ETA: Hadn't seen the above. On a less than stellar device. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho