Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 PM

3 posts, read 4,670 times

Advertisements

My husband job is looking to relocate him to ID and we have been doing some research online. We have a dughter and are going to have more children. The question is which is a better place to raise my children IF or Boise? Are there community activities? Also which place has younger families? Any info would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,523,528 times
I think the answers to your question have as much to do with you as with the two places, I can only speak for the Idaho Falls area, which is full of young families and a great place to raise kids. What kind of community activities are you looking for? What would you like in a place? Are you able to visit before making any decision?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
As for raising children, as opposite as they are, both IF and Boise would be wonderful when compared to a larger city.

When making this decision, what are you & your family wanting out of it job wise, weather wise and size?

While Boise is small compared to New York City, it's larger than IF.

Visiting both beforehand would be a benefit.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:32 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Lightbulb Check Some Basic Resources; Please Visit if You Can

Hi Tomommie,

I think both communities have a lot to offer. How do you feel about snow?

Also, as others have already suggested, can you come for a visit? I am a strong believer that one knows when they have found their "new home," as it will feel right.

Any other information you can give us might be able to add may help us.

In the meantime, I'd recommend that you look at the Idaho Falls 10 Things to do. Many of us have added to that forum over the years.

Also, I'd recommend looking at the website of Idaho Falls Magazine. There are a tremendous number of resources there. Idaho Falls Magazine.

Finally, contact Torrie or someone in the Boise area for some guides about Boise.

It sounds like your husband is being transferred. Are there other area employees in each area whose families you may be able to contact with specific concerns unique to his employment (if that is an issue - such as commute time, which can be long in Boise compared to Idaho Falls).

I hope you can visit first. Sometimes there are little things which may be little to some of us but not you, or vice versa. You deserve to be happy in your new home.

Kids are welcome in Idaho!

Let me know if I can help in any more specific way. Good luck in this process.

MSR

Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 AM

3 posts, read 4,670 times
Default Thanks so much

Thank you everyone for the advise. Yes this summer we are going to and visit both areas. But sometimes what you see when you are visiting is different han when you actually move there. I know I need to expect snow in each place so that is something that I just have to deal with. We live in a city of about 300,000 so its really not that small, so I am expecting for there to be less to do.Thanks for the advise.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:50 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
Actually, if you peruse both the Idaho and Boise forums, I think you'll find there are plenty of community activities geared at families throughout the year.

There's a stick post on the Idaho forum titled Top 10 things to do in (around) IF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho