Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:17 PM

683 posts, read 1,469,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Maywood is 97% Hispanic including legals and illegals and that is the problem. It doesn't fit Houston at all and that is a shame.
There are no Spaniards living there. That city isn't Hispanic. It is 97% Mexican.

You uneducated people should know that Hispanics are spaniards not mexicans.

Hispania=Espana

the daddys of the English people were the northern Hispanics Basques who were whale hunters and started to populate England thousand of years ago.

Mexicans are not Hispanics. Mexicans are pure blooded native americans, mongoloid race/Asian. Came through Alaska and populated the whole American continent.

Hispanics are European spaniards. Caucasian, the conquistadores.

Also, Hispanics Aka Basques are the daddys of the Irish and English people.

Hispanics, Portuguese, Irish and English are genetically very similar.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
?

The U.S. has more Spanish speakers than Spain.

You would have to erase many state names, architecture, and sites, and even the name of the country: United States of "AMERICA".

The U.S. was discovered by Hispanics and Spanish has been spoken since 1560. Both Spanish and English are part of the U.S. culture and history.
Nope....can't do it. I've posted about the history of the New World so many times, I can recite it in my sleep. Wish folks would for once, just pick up a history book. 'Nuff said.

So, where else do I begin?

The number of speakers of Spanish, in Spain, as a mother tongue is roughly 35.6 million, while the vast majority of other groups in Spain such as the Galicians, Catalans, and Basques also speak Spanish as a first or second language, which boosts the number of Spanish speakers to the overwhelming majority of Spain's population of 45.9 million.

The United States holds the world's fifth largest Spanish-speaking population, outnumbered only by Mexico, Spain, Argentina, and Colombia.

America was actually named after Amerigo Vespuci, an ITALIAN explorer who made at least two voyages to the Americas as navigator, the first time in 1499. He was not the first European of his era to set foot on the mainland, as was once thought, but probably was the first to realize that the land he helped explore was a separate continent and not merely the coast of Asia, as Columbus and others believed.

Hispanic: the term which has been used to denote the culture and people of countries formerly ruled by the Spanish Empire, usually with a majority of the population speaking the Spanish language. Collectively known as Hispanic America, this definition includes Mexico, the majority of the Central and South American countries, and most of the Greater Antilles. The term may include a relation to the Iberian Peninsula to include Portuguese people and/or their diaspora in Brazil. The nations formerly pertaining to the Spanish East Indies are sometimes loosely included in this definition, as their cultures have some Spanish or Latin American elements.

Mexicans are for the most part Mestizo--a mixture of Mesoamerican Indian and Spanish--to the tune of roughly 80% +/- of the population.

The Bering Strait theory (I assume that's what you meant by "came through Alaska" statement was disproven by archaeologists years ago. We now understand that there were multiple migrations, by multiple groups of people, by land and by sea, for thousands of years.

As for the rest of that hooey...I just don't have the time for it right now.

Lesson of the day? Research before typing. I'm going to start charging for the history lessons.

Last edited by Kele; 06-28-2010 at 07:44 PM..

Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
?

The U.S. has more Spanish speakers than Spain.

You would have to erase many state names, architecture, and sites, and even the name of the country: United States of "AMERICA".

The U.S. was discovered by Hispanics and Spanish has been spoken since 1560. Both Spanish and English are part of the U.S. culture and history.
No need to erase anything because the point is that we are not known to be a Hispanic country by identity. Our national language is English, not Spanish. Our basic culture is anglo-white from anglo-European ancestry. Remain in denial all you want but you can't change the facts. Hispanic is a minority culture in this country.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
There are no Spaniards living there. That city isn't Hispanic. It is 97% Mexican.

You uneducated people should know that Hispanics are spaniards not mexicans.

Hispania=Espana

the daddys of the English people were the northern Hispanics Basques who were whale hunters and started to populate England thousand of years ago.

Mexicans are not Hispanics. Mexicans are pure blooded native americans, mongoloid race/Asian. Came through Alaska and populated the whole American continent.

Hispanics are European spaniards. Caucasian, the conquistadores.

Also, Hispanics Aka Basques are the daddys of the Irish and English people.

Hispanics, Portuguese, Irish and English are genetically very similar.
Mexicans are a mix of Spaniards and ancestoral tribes from south of our border. They speak Spanish. Where do you think the Spanish language came from? Hint....Spain.

Mexicans are pure blooded native indian? Mexican is a nationality not a race but genetically 60% of Mexicans are of mixed of Spaniard and native indian blood. They are Hispanic culturally from their Spanish ancestors. You need to learn some history and genetics.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-28-2010 at 08:57 PM..

Old 06-28-2010, 08:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Read the article?

Well, that would take all the fun out of arguing for arguments sake.....
Your right.
But I seriously doubt that he'll take the time to get the facts striaght.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
I could tell you a few stories about Maywood, California......
Please, do tell.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:56 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,931 times
What is it with Mexican communities that no other ethnic groups want to live there.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Nope....can't do it. I've posted about the history of the New World so many times, I can recite it in my sleep. Wish folks would for once, just pick up a history book. 'Nuff said.

The number of speakers of Spanish, in Spain, as a mother tongue is roughly 35.6 million, while the vast majority of other groups in Spain such as the Galicians, Catalans, and Basques also speak Spanish as a first or second language, which boosts the number of Spanish speakers to the overwhelming majority of Spain's population of 45.9 million.

The United States holds the world's fifth largest Spanish-speaking population, outnumbered only by Mexico, Spain, Argentina, and Colombia.

America was actually named after Amerigo Vespuci, an ITALIAN explorer who made at least two voyages to the Americas as navigator, the first time in 1499. He was not the first European of his era to set foot on the mainland, as was once thought, but probably was the first to realize that the land he helped explore was a separate continent and not merely the coast of Asia, as Columbus and others believed.

Hispanic: the term which has been used to denote the culture and people of countries formerly ruled by the Spanish Empire, usually with a majority of the population speaking the Spanish language. Collectively known as Hispanic America, this definition includes Mexico, the majority of the Central and South American countries, and most of the Greater Antilles. The term may include a relation to the Iberian Peninsula to include Portuguese people and/or their diaspora in Brazil. The nations formerly pertaining to the Spanish East Indies are sometimes loosely included in this definition, as their cultures have some Spanish or Latin American elements.

Mexicans are for the most part Mestizo--a mixture of Mesoamerican Indian and Spanish--to the tune of roughly 80% +/- of the population.

The Bering Strait theory (I assume that's what you meant by "came through Alaska" statement was disproven by archaeologists years ago. We now understand that there were multiple migrations, by multiple groups of people, by land and by sea, for thousands of years.

Lesson of the day? Research before typing. I'm going to start charging for the history lessons.
America was named after the Spanish name of AmeriCO Vespucio,

Ameriggo Vespucci was called Americo Vespucio by the Spaniards because the translation to Spanish was Americo. He lived and died in Spain (Sevilla). He served the Spanish kingdom.

And Cristobal Colon was NOT named Christopher Columbus. The name he was using at the time while working for the Spanish queen was "Cristobal Colon".

America is originated from the Spanish translation of Ameriggo which is Americo. Being Americo the name he was using at the time, in Spain, and during the conquest.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:

Also, Hispanic is someone from Hispania

Hispania is Espana, Hispania is how the Romans (from the Roman Empire) used to call Espana.

True Hispanics are Caucasian Spaniards.

Under the nonsense definition of U.S. Nationals, hispanic is someone from the Spanish speaking countries of the American continent.

What a stupid definition. What do full blooded Amerindian mexicans have to do with Spaniards?

By that same stupid definition of Hispanics that you wrote, the U.S. is also a Hispanic country because 1) it was discovered by Spaniards. 2) Spanish was spoken in saint Augustine florida (San Agustin) since the 1560 more or less and 3) there are more U.S. Nationals with Spanish blood than Mexican with Spanish blood.

Also, the U.S. Has a Spanish speaking population larger than many many other countries of the continent.

Lastly, the U.S. Has more Spanish speakers than Spain. Basques and catalans speak perfect "Castellano" (what you know as Spanish). My grandparents are Basques and they speak both Euskera and Castellano. The U.S. Has over 60 million spanish speakers and Spanish is the most widely taught second language in secondary schools.

The Bering Strait theory is valid, and the most accepted. Native Americans came through Alaska. Not just people, also the animals (mammals).

How the heck do you think that a tiger arrived to the American continent?? By boat?

Native Americans migrated from Asia through Alaska down to Argentina, and the Asian mammals as well.

Take a look at the amazon tiger, the bears, etc.

Man, you need to study. It was hilarious when you Typed that native Americans came by boat... Lol.. Hahaha
also the animal kingdom..lol.

You Are Hilarious!!!

Last edited by Edu983; 06-28-2010 at 11:27 PM..

Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
What is it with Mexican communities that no other ethnic groups want to live there.

I see this forum is all about illegals still....

Costa Mesa is a Mexican Community in OC...many people want to live there.
Redwood City in the Bay Area is a large Mexican Community that many people want to live in.
Long beach...
Anahiem..
Chula Vista...
San Mateo...

Now if you are talking about poverty stricken areas...just replace "Mexican" with any race/ethnicity...and ask yourself who else wants to live there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.