Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:15 PM

325 posts, read 236,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Can you actually be that thick? The original link I posted is the link to Zogby International. It is as I said, you didn't even bother to read the page other than to find out that the poll, which has been released to various news agencies, had been annotated and explained by a Washington Times writer on Zogby International's own website. The full poll has not yet been released to the public at large, but the link is to Zogby's own website.

You simply dismiss it out of hand because it doesn't line up to your "scary, scary boogyman, white supremacist, racists under every rock" view of the world.

Zogby International (http://www.zogby.com/soundbites/ReadClips.cfm?ID=19093 - broken link) Please notice the link itself reads "Zogby International."
It's linked to a blog on Zogby's website. A freakin blog. No actual links to the actual poll, which according to you is top secret only available to journalists and anti immigration organizations. Funny how Zogby has many other polls available to the public. The article is dated 2009 and it has yet to be released. Something tells me this poll will never be released to the public. Even the author refers to the poll as "[SIZE=2]The CIS poll" [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 08:05 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,753,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
It's linked to a blog on Zogby's website. A freakin blog. No actual links to the actual poll, which according to you is top secret only available to journalists and anti immigration organizations. Funny how Zogby has many other polls available to the public. The article is dated 2009 and it has yet to be released. Something tells me this poll will never be released to the public. Even the author refers to the poll as "[SIZE=2]The CIS poll" [/SIZE]
Various entities hire Zogby to perform polls. Just because CIS commissioned this one doesn't make it any less valid. In researching the Zogby International site, I have found that they do not link the actual polls, merely the interpretations--something you would have found out had you bothered to read any further than the by-line.

Having found this posted by another news agency works just fine for me and I'm sure it does so for the majority of those posting on this forum. You're like a baby pit bull. You sink your teeth into what you perceive as flaws and then you gnaw it ad nauseum. Most reasonable people would have realized by now that they are merely talking themselves in circles while appearing extremely petty and puerile.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:10 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,838,637 times
Quote:
Various entities hire Zogby to perform polls. Just because CIS commissioned this one doesn't make it any less valid. In researching the Zogby International site, I have found that they do not link the actual polls, merely the interpretations--something you would have found out had you bothered to read any further than the by-line.
the Zogby poll is not invalid, but the reporting of the poll can be creative. There are many examples of the reporter from CIS and others have left crucial information off or reworded poll questions in their reporting of poll results thus skewing the true meaning of the results.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:26 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,520,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
the Zogby poll is not invalid, but the reporting of the poll can be creative. There are many examples of the reporter from CIS and others have left crucial information off or reworded poll questions in their reporting of poll results thus skewing the true meaning of the results.
try reading the whole thing before you go off

Public Opinion in Mexico on U.S. Immigration: Zogby Poll Examines Attitudes | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 07-11-2010, 08:41 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,838,637 times
s
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post

I have, if you notice the poll was done in mid-late 2009 and reported in oct 2009 byCIS...this is an old poll.

relax its sunday...I was speaking of polls in general on this forum...nobody is picking on you.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,520,791 times
Quote:
s

I have, if you notice the poll was done in mid-late 2009 and reported in oct 2009 byCIS...this is an old poll.

relax its sunday...I was speaking of polls in general on this forum...nobody is picking on you.
you are right, relax is good advice for all of us including you

Old 07-11-2010, 12:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Seroiusly would you if you lived i mexicao with its corrupt history of leadership and lack of sconomic progress. the fact that so many risk so mcuh to leave the country is evident of that. Even americans going there are going for one reason.That their situation form having lived here makes them amoung the well off there.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:48 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,753,735 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's a Washington Post writer who looked at the poll, and then wrote an article on the results--not a CIS reporter.

The Washington Post is not exactly known to be politically to the right.

I swear....do folks just comment on stuff they never read?

Old 07-11-2010, 06:31 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,655,865 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's a Washington Post writer who looked at the poll, and then wrote an article on the results--not a CIS reporter.

The Washington Post is not exactly known to be politically to the right.

I swear....do folks just comment on stuff they never read?
You are correct. Washington Post leans way to the left.

Washington Times is the right version, but that, too, is swinging left as of late.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:58 PM

325 posts, read 236,054 times
Quote:
Wrong, here is a poll on the Zogby International site.

Zogby International

Quote:
Show me the poll on the Zogby site. No original information of this secret poll exists on the Zogby website, no info regarding the methodology, sampling, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration