Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
YouTube - A walk through downtown Westbury on a summer evening

Last time I did such a video, I recieved veiled threats that were no joke.
Someone's gotta speak up...
John, I didnt watch the whole thing, but how do you know this is the work of illegal aliens? Could you just explain how you know, without asking us to watch the whole thing? Thank you.

Also, regarding destruction and blight, you should bring your video to the next city council meeting, and have a reporter from your local newspaper come along with you. Just a thought. And keep that terrific title, "A walk through downtown Westbury on a summer evening."

Old 07-24-2010, 12:21 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
I would probably be cussing even more than he did. I have heard that the illegals run down a lot of neighborhoods. It's depressing. It goes deeper than bubblegum on a sidewalk. They bring in a lot of undesirables. Mexico doesn't want them, so they head to clean little towns, and bung them up really badly.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:37 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Think that is bad, try leaving in Texas where they try and change the official language to spanish.

Wish we had the balls to pass immigration laws like Arizona

Old 07-24-2010, 12:52 AM

346 posts, read 709,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
John, I didnt watch the whole thing, but how do you know this is the work of illegal aliens? Could you just explain how you know, without asking us to watch the whole thing? Thank you.

Also, regarding destruction and blight, you should bring your video to the next city council meeting, and have a reporter from your local newspaper come along with you. Just a thought. And keep that terrific title, "A walk through downtown Westbury on a summer evening."
If he did that, the media would probably portray him in a negative light.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:07 AM

They probably would. They are notorious sympathizers

Old 07-24-2010, 10:53 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Hi delusianne,

I grew up in Nassau County (where Westbury is located) and hung out in Westbury in the early 80's. Back then it was a community which was neat, clean and didn't have people loitering about. As a young woman I felt safe walking along the business areas. I wouldn't allow a teenaged girl to do that today.

ALIPAC - Another Illegal Alien Gang Rapist Sentenced in NY

"Alcantara, 20, of New Cassel, pleaded guilty last month to taking part in the November 2001 gang rape of a 20-year-old Marymount Manhattan College student who was attacked as she walked home from the Westbury train station."

The Honduran native wasn't caught immediately for this -- it took a few years and a statutory rape to find him.

The area has gone down the tubes and the politicians are too busy Hispandering. They would rather sacrifice one community as opposed to allow this to creep into other high end neighboring communities.

JohninWestbury has every right to be angry. He's crying that the emperor has no clothes and NO one wants to listen.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
If he did that, the media would probably portray him in a negative light.

The LI newspaper, Newsday, also owns Cablevision and thus, the Cablevision news channel, News12.

The owners of Newsday/Cablevision, the Dolans, are notorious illegal alien sympathizers.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:58 AM

27 posts, read 18,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
I worked in Westbury for a couple of weeks and in the mornings there are streets you avoid because the immigrants walk right into the path of your vehicle looking for day work.
I don't blame him one bit. If you walk down the street of the town you grew up in and you cannot understand most of the signs because they are in another language it can be infuriating.

On a side note though. Being white in that part of LI means you are not in the majority.
So it's illegal to be an immigrant? If you do not like the Spanish signs then maybe you should move to a "white" city. where the dirty "immigrants" wont bother you.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy888 View Post
So it's illegal to be an immigrant? If you do not like the Spanish signs then maybe you should move to a "white" city. where the dirty "immigrants" wont bother you.
It is not illegal to be an immigrant, it is illegal to be an illegal immigrant.

And where is he going to go? they don't integrate like legal immigrants.

People who come here legally (even from Mexico) come here, learn English and behave themselves.

They not only come here illegally but they have the gall to force you to speak their language and cause all sorts of trouble

Old 07-24-2010, 12:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy888 View Post
There is no need for signs in Spanish for legal immigrants nor Hispanic citizens. They for the most part speak English. Those signs are to placate illegal alien Spanish speakers and that is what is objectionable. By the way, why do you just mention "white"? Blacks or Asians for the most part don't speak Spanish either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration