Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,575,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I comprehend your trying to say policies have changed...but in this story's context; in which, two Ameircan cirtizens were detained in a Immigration sweep, then in that context you and your assesments are incorrect.

In that context...those two American Citizen's Constitutional Rights HAVE NOT CHANGEd...That I do understand.
It has yet to be determined if their rights have been violated. Thus far, we have only their filed complaint, which may or may not be an accurate account of the events. Prior to the ruling of the court, their allegations remain “alleged.”

It’s interesting that some are willing to take at face value the complaint of criminal accomplices, while refusing to even consider the justifiable actions of federal agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,114,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It has yet to be determined if their rights have been violated. Thus far, we have only their filed complaint, which may or may not be an accurate account of the events. Prior to the ruling of the court, their allegations remain “alleged.”

It’s interesting that some are willing to take at face value the complaint of criminal accomplices, while refusing to even consider the justifiable actions of federal agents.
These two American, English speaking (despite the lies being spread on this thread), natural born citizens were on a work sponsored and work payed for trip from Denver to Omaha for a conference (their job provided and payed for the transportation). A majority of the other people on the bus happened to be in this country illegally. How in God's name does that make these two "criminal accomplices"?????? What crime were they active participants in?

Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
These two American, English speaking (despite the lies being spread on this thread), natural born citizens were on a work sponsored and work payed for trip from Denver to Omaha for a conference (their job provided and payed for the transportation). A majority of the other people on the bus happened to be in this country illegally. How in God's name does that make these two "criminal accomplices"?????? What crime were they active participants in?
It is impossible to live and work in this country illegally without engaging in criminal behavior. The fact is, most of the passengers are here in violation of our laws, and are also employed by Amway. Therefore, they are either using a stolen or fake SSN. That is, unless Amway is paying them under the table, in which case, they are tax evaders. Either way, they are criminals.

There are countless citizens currently behind bars simply because they chose the wrong associates, and were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were charged along with the perpetrators, notwithstanding the fact that they did not pull the trigger, or rob the bank, or rape the woman, or steal the car. These “citizens” knew they were among a busload of criminal aliens. When one chooses to associate with criminals, one can also expect to be treated as such. In my opinion, they are simply trying to get a nice settlement.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:03 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar;16687191[COLOR=red
]It has yet to be determined if their rights have been violated[/color]. Thus far, we have only their filed complaint, which may or may not be an accurate account of the events. Prior to the ruling of the court, their allegations remain “alleged.”

My statment was never to to imply that their rights had been violated, it was to remind the poster that they have rights.

thats is the difference.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
My statment was never to to imply that their rights had been violated, it was to remind the poster that they have rights.

thats is the difference.
No one has denied the fact that they have rights. However, it remains to be determined if their rights were actually violated.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:16 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,335 times
Quote:
No one has denied the fact that they have rights. However, it remains to be determined if their rights were actually violated.
Where have you been...especially on this specific topic. are you serious? keep-up or dont jump in. cheeeze

Old 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,114,664 times
Quote:
It is impossible to live and work in this country illegally without engaging in criminal behavior. The fact is, most of the passengers are here in violation of our laws, and are also employed by Amway. Therefore, they are either using a stolen or fake SSN. That is, unless Amway is paying them under the table, in which case, they are tax evaders. Either way, they are criminals.

There are countless citizens currently behind bars simply because they chose the wrong associates, and were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were charged along with the perpetrators, notwithstanding the fact that they did not pull the trigger, or rob the bank, or rape the woman, or steal the car. These “citizens” knew they were among a busload of criminal aliens. When one chooses to associate with criminals, one can also expect to be treated as such. In my opinion, they are simply trying to get a nice settlement.
Um, okay. You didn't address my questions at all. I'm not talking about the criminal aliens who were arrested (even though I still hold the initial search was illegal). I'm talking about the natural born American citizens who were taking a bus trip (arranged and paid for by their employer) to a conference in Omaha who were illegally searched and illegally arrested / detained.

You're the one who called them "criminal accomplices" (in an apparent attempt to justify their treatment). I asked you to explain that, and you completely ignored it. So again, how is it they are criminal accomplices? What crime did they actively and knowingly participate in? If they are in fact criminal accomplices, why haven't they been charged as such?

Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,848,331 times
Quote:
Um, okay. You didn't address my questions at all. I'm not talking about the criminal aliens who were arrested (even though I still hold the initial search was illegal). I'm talking about the natural born American citizens who were taking a bus trip (arranged and paid for by their employer) to a conference in Omaha who were illegally searched and illegally arrested / detained.

You're the one who called them "criminal accomplices" (in an apparent attempt to justify their treatment). I asked you to explain that, and you completely ignored it. So again, how is it they are criminal accomplices? What crime did they actively and knowingly participate in? If they are in fact criminal accomplices, why haven't they been charged as such?

You really have no idea how Amway works do you? Unless they live and work in Ada, Michigan these are NOT "employees" of Amway, no matter how you'd like to spin it.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:

I thought I did explain. If you are in the company of criminals during their apprehension, you are treated as an accomplice. It’s just that simple. Do you honestly believe the citizens did not realize they were cavorting with criminal aliens?

Why aren’t they being charged? Why aren’t the illegal passengers being deported? Why isn’t the bus driver charged with transporting illegal aliens (a felony)? Why isn’t Amway being investigated for employing illegal aliens? The answer is simple. Our laws are not being enforced.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Where have you been...especially on this specific topic. are you serious? keep-up or dont jump in. cheeeze
I’m not sure what your problem is, but I have not read one post on this thread in which anyone has even remotely implied that these citizens do not have rights. Why don’t you quote one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration