Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,412,780 times

Advertisements

Quoting NorthGAbound12 ~~

" I am fine with them being able to see an Immigration Judge to fight their case. But once the Judge makings his ruling that it's. It's OVER. Go back to Mexico. You had your day in court, you lose. "

Exactly. They LOST, now be gone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 10:18 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,253,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
citizen or not everyone in the US has constitutional rights. taking them away from one group can opens the door to taking the rights a way from others. we don't get to pick and choose who gets rights and protection in the US. one of the things that makes us great
That story is getting old...
Americans are losing rights as I type this.....

Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 AM

18,414 posts, read 19,051,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
You are mis-understand the meaning of the word "voluntary" in this context. If you are ordered by an Immigration Judge to "voluntarily" depart all that means is that ICE does not hold you in a detention center and put you on a JPATS flight out of the country. It means you will buy your own ticket and leave on your own. However, you are given a specified amount of time to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yes I can choose to rob a bank but damn I'd expect to face some consequences of my actions if I got caught. Not create myself into a persecuted minority, cry about losing my rights and whine about my "DREAM." Also, quit twisting my words. I am fine with them being able to see an Immigration Judge to fight their case. But once the Judge makings his ruling that it's. It's OVER. Go back to Mexico. You had your day in court, you lose. Willy Wonka says it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aJROW6cuEM
thanks for the clarification on voluntary. seems pretty foolish to me to tell someone they need to leave on their own and give them time to do it when they already have shown a disregard for the laws to start with.

I am unsure what words of yours you think I am trying to twist. I agree once you are told to leave you should leave.

law abiding, moral people sometimes expect people who are not should think more like we do. leave when they are told, not rob banks, or use up all the appeals when they are guilty. they just don't care and use everything at their disposal to get their way or avoid doing what they should because it doesn't suit.

due process is one thing but why we don't make sure they deport is something else

Old 12-07-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
That story is getting old...
Americans are losing rights as I type this.....

the "story" is old like 200 plus years! some easy reading in a nutshell
Illegal Aliens and Constitutional Rights – Do Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
would your rather we just ignore the constitution?
Show me in the constitution where it says illegals have a right to be here and have a right to stay using the constitution ....

Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
the "story" is old like 200 plus years! some easy reading in a nutshell
Illegal Aliens and Constitutional Rights – Do Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights?
I was referring to your liberal way of giving this country away story..

Old 12-07-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Show me in the constitution where it says illegals have a right to be here and have a right to stay using the constitution ....
Quote:
I was referring to your liberal way of giving this country away story..

the link pretty much explains why illegals are able to "fight" to stay in the country.

you will have to explain what you mean by "my liberal way of giving this country away story" means. I have pointed out the constitution, do you find it to be a liberal document?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
the link pretty much explains why illegals are able to "fight" to stay in the country.

you will have to explain what you mean by "my liberal way of giving this country away story" means. I have pointed out the constitution, do you find it to be a liberal document?
No, your link shows what some judges said, I asked YOU to "Show me in the constitution where it says illegals have a right to be here and have a right to stay using the constitution ...."

I find you to be liberal....nuff said.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:10 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,446,368 times
Quote:
No, your link shows what some judges said, I asked YOU to "
Quote:
Show me in the constitution where it says illegals have a right to be here and have a right to stay using the constitution
...."

With a question like this...don't expect an answer "verbadum or word for word" directly from the Constitution..

Old 12-07-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
No, your link shows what some judges said, I asked YOU to "Show me in the constitution where it says illegals have a right to be here and have a right to stay using the constitution ...."

LOL I am far from a constitutional scholar. however the highest court in the land has ruled that ALL people are under the protection of the constitution illegal or not time and time again. the constitution has always been "interpreted" protection under the constitution goes both ways. would rather some people were not protected? who else should not be protected beside illegals? yes I am a liberal however you don't have to be to understand the basics of the constitution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration