Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times

Advertisements

Finally, states are waking up to the fact that illegals are a menace to society on the roads, and not even the liberal pro-illegal-alien NYT can deny it (although they did deny readers to pleasure of adding comments to the article, LOL Typical liberal censorship). Absolutely no excuse if you're been working in the US illegally for years. Apply for citizenship, learn English, and respect our laws. Otherwise, GTFO.

Some Unlicensed Drivers Risk More Than a Fine
An estimated 4.5 million illegal immigrants nationwide are driving regularly, most without licenses, according to an analysis by The New York Times. Only three states — New Mexico, Utah and Washington — currently issue licenses without proof of legal residence in the United States.

Many states have adopted tough new laws to prevent illegal immigrants from driving, while expanding immigration enforcement by the state and local police. As a result, at least 30,000 illegal immigrants who were stopped for common traffic violations in the last three years have ended up in deportation, Department of Homeland Security figures show. The numbers are rapidly increasing, aggravating tensions in the national debate over immigration.

In Georgia, voters have been worried about unlicensed illegal immigrants whose driving skills are untested and who often lack insurance, including some who caused well-publicized accidents. Lawmakers have tightened requirements to keep illegal immigrants from obtaining licenses and license plates, and have increased penalties for driving without them.

Further reading:

Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Traffic Accidents
A review of State Police auto accident reports for 2002 through 2004 for that area of the Eastern Shore also revealed that of the 179 accidents involving Hispanic laborers:
• 75% of the drivers had no auto insurance.
• Nearly all of the vehicles driven by migrants were registered to other drivers.
• 93% of the vehicles had false out-of-state tags.
In 2003 and 2004, 128 of the 395 people, 32.4%, arrested on DUI charges were Hispanic, a rate six times greater than the Hispanic portion of the population.

Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily
Death toll in 2006 far overshadows total U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq, Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Thats great. They should be glad they dont have to pay a big fine first.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:08 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
In Southern California Cities like Escondido as high as 2 out of 10 cars on the road were being driven by illegals. That means no license, no insurance and a vehicle registered to someone else if at all.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
In Southern California Cities like Escondido as high as 2 out of 10 cars on the road were being driven by illegals. That means no license, no insurance and a vehicle registered to someone else if at all.
I'd love to see the total payout on Uninsured Motorists claims in CA.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
I would love to see the Government sieze the assets of every illegal they caught.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
“If we drive, we get stopped by the police.
Quote:
The first thing they ask is, ‘Can I see your license?
’ ‘Don’t have one? Go to jail.’ And from jail to deportation.”
hummm, That's funny, the first thing They've always ask me for is my DL, Registration and proof of insurance.

The only onr's that complain about this, are the one with no proof...........they only proof they have is proof that they're in this country illegally.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
hummm, That's funny, the first thing They've always ask me for is my DL, Registration and proof of insurance.

The only onr's that complain about this, are the one with no proof...........they only proof they have is proof that they're in this country illegally.
The other party complaining are the illegal alien advocates because they don't want their illegal amigos caught and deported.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:15 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
The other party complaining are the illegal alien advocates because they don't want their illegal amigos caught and deported.
I say: If the Pro's are so damned concerned about losing the Con's, why don't they pack their sh*t and deport right along with them?

No questions ask...

Old 12-13-2010, 07:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
I say: If the Pro's are so damned concerned about losing the Con's, why don't they pack their sh*t and deport right along with them?

No questions ask...
If only that were possible. Their loyalty obviously isn't to this country.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:41 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:

LOL, me too - and even though it's obvious once I speak I'm not a natural born American, after I produce those I've never been asked for my greencard etc either - go figure

If they HAD a DL , registration and proof of insurance I'm sure their legal status wouldn't have come up either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration