Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:25 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,056 times

Advertisements

I probably see illegals everyday. Many companies higher them to work for cheap and I'm sure some of my neighbors do too. And I'm positive they're not only latinos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 06:12 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Swell View Post
I probably see illegals everyday. Many companies higher them to work for cheap and I'm sure some of my neighbors do too. And I'm positive they're not only latinos.
They all need to go home. Hispanic or not.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
They all need to go home. Hispanic or not.
Businesses and individuals need to quit paying them for their labor in order for this to happen.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:02 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Swell View Post
Businesses and individuals need to quit paying them for their labor in order for this to happen.
They need to be punished, then fewer illegals will be hired. Make an example of several businesses, the others will be scared.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:01 PM

105 posts, read 298,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
They need to be punished, then fewer illegals will be hired. Make an example of several businesses, the others will be scared.
100k fine per head. That would definately put an end to illegal farm work since farmers are barely scraping by now a days anyway. Every fast food chain in the west coast better be ready to shell out a couple million per restaurant and your average homeowner might have to actually mow the lawn themselves or hire someone who's legal. Those who worked construction 15 years ago will finally have a chance at a job again. Oh yeah, Tyson food wouldn't stand a chance. Think about how many jobs that would give Americans who desperately need work right now and use to always do 10-15 years ago. One can dream, right?

Old 01-15-2011, 05:13 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,216 times
Prove to me you're NOT ILLEGAL and then I will give you my business and my respe.

Last edited by amerifree; 01-15-2011 at 06:22 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 01:52 AM

105 posts, read 298,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Prove to me you're NOT ILLEGAL and then I will give you my business and my respe.
Well I've got my birth certificate, driver's license and a legit SS#. You could also trace my family back to the Dutch settlement of NY in 1636 or the Mayflower's landing of Plymouth in 1620. Although, I highly doubt you own a business and I don't really care about your respect.

If you have doubts of whether or not someone is legal, then they probably shouldn't even be considered for the job in the first place.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:58 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
Wow. Real intelligent.

My point is none of us know who is legal or not. We can try and play guessing games but that's about it.

Wow. I wish there were that many beautiful Brazilian women where I live. You should be happy instead of crying and moaning about it.

Here's to hoping they play a soccer game over here some day. I'd get my ticket real quick.

If you like Brazilian women where you live, you could probably find more of them if you moved to Brazil.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Up here in Canada i dont think we have these illegals as i've never seen one.
Come to think of it how could i tell if some one was an illegal just by looking at them?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Up here in Canada i dont think we have these illegals as i've never seen one.
Come to think of it how could i tell if some one was an illegal just by looking at them?
Your country probably enforces it's laws. Often you see them because you see someone with a servant and that person will tell you exactly how they got their servant and they aren't posting a job for an American to see, but they also aren't paying minimum wage or overtime pay. The servant lives with them and is available 24-7 but you know full well that these employers can't really afford full-time live-in servants the legal way.

Also when you can contract an independent contractor but they can't speak English at all or they do but they bring a crew of workers - not one black, white, or English-speaking hispanic among them.

Or you pay some guy $20 an hour to do some tractor work and he's legit, speaks English and everything but then some $5 an hour worker who obviously has recenty arrived here shows up to do the work for him while the other guy lays in front of his television pocketing the other $15 an hour you paid. All you have to do is ask the actual worker what he's being paid by the guy you are paying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration