Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:58 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe07 View Post
I was cruising through what used to be a beautiful town in southern PA yesterday. I couldn't wait to get back there, what I remembered as a kid was beautiful farms, main street, peace and solitude. Wow, what a shocker, it's all been replaced by Mexican gangs, grocery/liquor stores, loud music playing, shanty homes in town. What the hell is going on in this country??? Part of me wants to retreat to the backwoods of Maine, yet part of me wants to stay and join hands with legalized citizens to address this problem!!! I want my country back!!!!
yes, so do I...great post, you get some points from me

are you speaking of Reading? You don't have to answer...

it's crazy...isn't it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 04:25 PM

6 posts, read 26,851 times
Default Del Paso Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
You can go to any predominately black (Detroit) or mexican (Del Paso Heights in Sacramento) city or neighborhood and make your own decissions. It's not racist it realist.
IM GONNA HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ABOUT DEL PASO HEIGHTS HAVING ALOT OF MEXICANS. DONT GET ME WRONG THEIR ARE MEXICANS IN DEL PASO HEIGHTS BUT THEIR ARE WAY MORE AFRICAN AMERICANS THEIR. HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN IN DEL PASO HEIGHTS AND WHAT PART OF DEL PASO HEIGHTS HAVE YOU BEEN TOO? JUST CURIOUS. LOOK AT GRANT HIGH SCHOOL IN THE MIDDLE OF DEL PASO HEIGHTS, THE MAJORITY OF THE STUDENTS THEIR ARE AFRICAN AMERICANS AND ALL MOSTLY LIVE IN DEL PASO HEIGHTS.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
This speech by Lamm is a few years Old. I've heard it said that Lamm was a racist. I posted this on a very liberal poetry site I used to belong to and I was belittled for posting it. I was called a racist. Lamm was called a racist...by those who frequent and own the site. I dunno? Was he? I've been told by friends, that he was?

I am not a racist, therefore, what I see in this speech is a man stating fact...what he is saying...is, that disrespect for laws will lead to chaos. And if fear is instilled by this speech as it is said, those years ago when he tried to gain public attention for our open boarders...well, he was called a racist.

Lets look at where we've come since then?
Can anyone list the good and bad that has happened in this country since then? Lets be honest and make a list...lets explore examples of each and every sentence.

What is going on, is not fair to the American who works hard, and has been a lawful tax payer. It is not right to disregard the law for any reason...we've been bending the laws again and again and again, until we now border on corruptness and a generation who feels entitlement. It is wrong...and will unfortunately be our demise. Wanting to uphold the laws, is not being a racist. And we have every right to fear the diversity which is being forced on us very quickly.

One day soon, we will be one world, one culture, one money...it is not far away...but I'm pondering if man can accept it as fastly as it's coming.

It is difficult for any man to have his culture taken away, and to be told that he is a racist for fighting to preserve his culture...that, to me, is not questionable for the sanctity of man...you can take his land, his material wealth, but when you trample on his culture, that is his spirit...and not easily taken away....

On the other hand, I believe if man was willing to travel to another land, and live, all fine and good, but those men, have to adhere to the laws of that land, like it or not. That is not racisim...that is a preservation of what man has fought for, for generations...and died for...but in the same, every man must learn to work together... not against each other. The only thing you as a man are entitled to, is what you work for. You put in an 8 hour day, you get paid, you don't you don't get paid. In the midst of that, you pay taxes, and your contribution to the whole...and everyone profits...but when one is paying for another, resentment begins to build...that is not racisim...that is, obeying the laws.

There are many people living in this country who contribute...who have sought out to learn the laws, the language, and become legal...I commend those people...and respect their endeavers to become a member of the community.

Anything else, is wrong...simply put.

And I am not a racist. But when you live here, that doesn't give you an entitlement to do and say and expect everything handed to you. And the crime rates are sky rocketing....why?

That, to me, is a realistic way of looking at things.

Laws may not always seem fair, but they are there for a reason...and when you chip away at them to suit your own needs, there will be a price to pay, eventually.

I see a perfect example at work...some work their butts off, and there is a majority of those who feel a sense of entitlement, and come and go, when ever they please...working from home...which may entale, 2 or 3 hours of work a day...and yet, they get paid, well over $100,000 per year????? We have learned as a community to take advantage for personal reasons, and when we do that, we make things much harder on all other workers to carry the slack for you?

Our country, is declining in strengh and has been doing so for years, b/c we all want the big bucks but we don't want to work for it...so there are legal Americans who are also robbing from the kitty, to pay Paul. (Outsourcing sucks!) In 3rd world countries, you don't get the quality of workmenship nor the inspections...plus we are leaving ourselves wide open for vulnerability. When ever decissions are made for the sake of money, instead of quality, then there will be repercussions. When everyone in this country realizes the repercussions which we form from decissions, maybe we'll once again become strong and wiser? Until then, the ripple effects of the past 30 years will be a rude awakening, I fear.

and that, I believe is what Lamm was stressing, be him racist or not. I don't think it should be about any nationality, but about all people in this country obeying laws, rules and regulations and paying their share...and for God's sake, those who are rich, get off your high horses and stop expecting entitlement....some of you are house rich (property poor)..I'm talking about big big money...that most of us have no idea about...old money rich...you need to realize you have no entitlement, more then anyone else. And if we could all do that...maybe, we'd be not only a richer nation, but also, much more intellectual and spiritual?

Me, the way things are, I'd prefer to go away...far away from all this hustle and bustle of traffic and people, noise? Sheesh the noise is sometimes unbearable...I hate it when I'm trying to sleep and some guy drives down the street and you can hear his radio from 8 blocks away. Or that souped up motor cycle, or that very loud and noisy desal truck...that is also, a sense of entitlement, with no respect for your neighbors. Or kids running around in a doctors office that my 90 year old mother has to put up with? That is a sense of entitlement...bad behavior, and if we'd start out slow, maybe we could once again realize that all our contribuitions to society are not that moral or respectful....if you don't have respect in little things, the big things will eventually be eroded...

We need to once again obey the law and fear consequences of our actions...instead of making excuses for them...and having our knuckles smaked.

Just my thoughts....

Creme

Hugs
Creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 10-02-2007 at 02:30 AM..

Old 10-02-2007, 07:13 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,374 times
People should be afraid. Afraid of loosing a once wonderful country to a third world country all in the name of some loonies ideas of political correctness. Unfortunately, most Americans are so engrossed in their own little worlds that they don't see it coming until it bites them in the butt. What a brave and intelligent man Mr. Lamm is. We need more like him to wake up people.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:45 AM

157 posts, read 310,062 times
Angry Logic

Most people will not listen. They start the racist thing. It is about illegals sponging off the government, taking jobs, killing, raping, etc. The thing is they are not here legally. This and this alone is ruining the whole country. Illegals should not be here "Period". Yes, the book is coming true and will come true if nothing is going to be done. We don't need to learn a new language. They need to learn English. If not, go back where they came from.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:32 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe07 View Post
I was cruising through what used to be a beautiful town in southern PA yesterday. I couldn't wait to get back there, what I remembered as a kid was beautiful farms, main street, peace and solitude. Wow, what a shocker, it's all been replaced by Mexican gangs, grocery/liquor stores, loud music playing, shanty homes in town. What the hell is going on in this country??? Part of me wants to retreat to the backwoods of Maine, yet part of me wants to stay and join hands with legalized citizens to address this problem!!! I want my country back!!!!
What would Mexico think if millions of poor white American immigrants did the same in Mexico. They would not be very happy about it.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
america & france were built on concept of freedom democracy & justice
to the extent we are faithful to these ideals we have permanence.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:03 PM

206 posts, read 410,848 times
Junkman, thanks so much for this post. It's heartening to know that there are still a few individuals in politics with a clarity of vision and the courage to articulate it.

As a resident of California, I have seen the sad future that awaits this country if we don't do something soon. It's so bad here that I'll be moving in 2 months, even though that means I might be living off investment savings for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration